Not open for further replies.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Maybe if you hadn't been so offended by a silent protest three years ago, and taken racial inequality seriously, we wouldn't be in this position.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/forum/threads/to-players-compelled.254951/
We aren't in a position. You might be in a position but I'm not and I won't let weak minded people talk me into one. 5 Years from now when the herd mentality of self righteousness has worn off honest people will look back and ask themselves why they believed the utopian view of unicorns and money trees and all anyone had to do was push a button somewhere and all their troubles will go away. You make your own way in life good or bad. Yes bad things happen to good people but alot more bad happens to bad people. 5 years from now. If you are honest you will if you aren't you won't.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We aren't in a position. You might be in a position but I'm not and I won't let weak minded people talk me into one. 5 Years from now when the herd mentality of self righteousness has worn off honest people will look back and ask themselves why they believed the utopian view of unicorns and money trees and all anyone had to do was push a button somewhere and all their troubles will go away. You make your own way in life good or bad. Yes bad things happen to good people but alot more bad happens to bad people. 5 years from now. If you are honest you will if you aren't you won't.

There it is - the very definition of White Privilege. Bad things happen MORE to People of Color, regardless of whether they are good or bad.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There it is - the very definition of White Privilege. Bad things happen MORE to People of Color, regardless of whether they are good or bad.
Didn't say that at all but it didn't stop you from trying to put words in my mouth now did it? Alot of people go around talking trying to rid themselves of their self imposed guilt. Alot of people running around today acting all self righteous really don't care about "those" people of color. They just want to feel good about themselves and want to rid themselves of their self imposed guilt. You know what? I don't feel guilty of a dam thing because I haven't done anything to feel guilty about. I don't pay attention to the BS merchants and never will. White privilege is just some BS that some BS merchant dreamed up to bitch about.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't say that at all but it didn't stop you from trying to put words in my mouth now did it? Alot of people go around talking trying to rid themselves of their self imposed guilt. Alot of people running around today acting all self righteous really don't care about "those" people of color. They just want to feel good about themselves and want to rid themselves of their self imposed guilt. You know what? I don't feel guilty of a dam thing because I haven't done anything to feel guilty about. I don't pay attention to the BS merchants and never will. White privilege is just some BS that some BS merchant dreamed up to bitch about.

What do you think "white privilege" means, or more precisely, what message does it convey to you? For me, it simply means that those of us on the lighter side of the color line have had the privilege of taking for granted many things that we've done nothing to earn. And it's not that we don't deserve those things, it's that we don't deserve them any more than any person on the other side of that color line. But no matter the words chosen, this is about treating people fairly.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What do you think "white privilege" means, or more precisely, what message does it convey to you? For me, it simply means that those of us on the lighter side of the color line have had the privilege of taking for granted many things that we've done nothing to earn. And it's not that we don't deserve those things, it's that we don't deserve them any more than any person on the other side of that color line. But no matter the words chosen, this is about treating people fairly.
If you want to buy the BS merchants goods go for it. I'm not going on the manufactured guilt trip. I don't believe in white privilege. Period

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to buy the BS merchants goods go for it. I'm not going on the manufactured guilt trip. I don't believe in white privilege. Period

You're the one manufacturing guilt out of those words. And you're not the only one, that's why I'm not really in love with the phrase. That's why I asked you what you thought they meant. For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone, can go through life without recognizing that white people don't face the same obstacles and assumptions that people of color do. It doesn't mean that we always get a free pass or that we've lived a life of privilege or that we need to feel guilty about it, it means that other people deserve the same considerations.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

One guess what color you are...

If you don't believe in white privilege at this point, you are either at best willfully ignorant, brainwashed, or at worst racist.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You're the one manufacturing guilt out of those words. And you're not the only one, that's why I'm not really in love with the phrase. That's why I asked you what you thought they meant. For the life of me I can't figure out how anyone, can go through life without recognizing that white people don't face the same obstacles and assumptions that people of color do. It doesn't mean that we always get a free pass or that we've lived a life of privilege or that we need to feel guilty about it, it means that other people deserve the same considerations.
I've faced many obstacles in life some of my own making and some not but I was honest to myself and wouldn't blame someone else for them. I worked my ass off kept my nose clean and reaped the benefits as well as bad things that came my way. people have become such candy asses blaming everyone else for their misfortune

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

If you don't believe in white privilege at this point, you are either at best willfully ignorant, brainwashed, or at worst racist.
See there you go. You don't agree with me, which is fine with me, but you have to call me a racist. YOU are the problem not me.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See there you go. You don't agree with me, which is fine with me, but you have to call me a racist. YOU are the problem not me.

I didn't call you a racist. I called you one of the three. That's the one that you fell in love with.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I know alot of blacks that have a pot full of money and privilege that I don't have and I know alot of white people that are poor and don't have anything. I don't care what color someone is and I'm sure as hell not jealous of anyone and that's the God's truth. It isn't about color to me and never will be. But evidently it is for you because you have to find someone to blame.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know alot of blacks that have a pot full of money and privilege that I don't have and I know alot of white people that are poor and don't have anything. I don't care what color someone is and I'm sure as hell not jealous of anyone and that's the God's truth. It isn't about color to me and never will be. But evidently it is for you because you have to find someone to blame.

Definitely leaning towards the willfully ignorant than racist. How can people expect to be treated fairly when people like you can't even admit a problem exists.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've faced many obstacles in life some of my own making and some not but I was honest to myself and wouldn't blame someone else for them. I worked my ass off kept my nose clean and reaped the benefits as well as bad things that came my way. people have become such candy asses blaming everyone else for their misfortune

So have I but that has nothing to do with the concept of "white privilege". I don't think the words mean the same thing to you as they are intended to mean.

Although the definition of "white privilege" has been somewhat fluid, it is generally agreed to refer to the implicit or systemic advantages that people who are deemed white have relative to people who are not deemed white; it is the absence of suspicion and other negative reactions that white people experience.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did you accomplish by name calling ? Nothing.

Hopefully by calling you out, I would cause you to have some outrospection. Probably futile, but change doesn't happen by standing idle.

Status
Not open for further replies.