Confirmed If Reduced Seating

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got this letter from the Cardinals this AM. As I predicted, they will go by cost of ticket to get in above all else.

If local and state COVID-19 guidelines do permit spectators to attend Cardinals games – even with a reduced capacity – the first opportunity will go to club seat members like yourself. More information will be shared on this when it is available.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah I woke up at 8 AM as normal on a Thursday. With the new cat yowling all night I have to bury my head under pillows. Wife should have told me she was leaving or had me unsilent my phone.

You must have been zonked. I was knocking and yelling your name.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My email says "first opportunity will go to season ticket members like yourself." I am in the lower bowl.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm glad it says IF, because they would be insane to bring fans into the stadium right now, especially in Arizona. I do feel bad for those fans/season ticket holders that can't go.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad it says IF, because they would be insane to bring fans into the stadium right now, especially in Arizona. I do feel bad for those fans/season ticket holders that can't go.

It's less about the stadium, you can create distance there.

To me the issue is the choke point entrances where everyone is huddled around each other

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

To me the issue is the choke point entrances where everyone is huddled around each other

I'd be more worried about the public restrooms. Every Time someone flushes, aerosols are shot into the air that could contain the virus. This is especially worrisome since most public restrooms don't have lids on their toilets to prevent this plume.
:barf:

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I still don't even get how they will distance within the stadium. Those seats and rows are so crammed together. They would only be able to occupy every 3rd or 4th row just to create space between you and the person behind you. Same with side to side. Each seat is maybe 2 ft wide, so you would need about three seats in between groups just to get 6 ft
As far as season ticket holders, who would move, who would stay? Would they base it on seniority.

letbob

Reaction score
I'd be more worried about the public restrooms. Every Time someone flushes, aerosols are shot into the air that could contain the virus. This is especially worrisome since most public restrooms don't have lids on their toilets to prevent this plume.
:barf:
Too much detail.....

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still don't even get how they will distance within the stadium. Those seats and rows are so crammed together. They would only be able to occupy every 3rd or 4th row just to create space between you and the person behind you. Same with side to side. Each seat is maybe 2 ft wide, so you would need about three seats in between groups just to get 6 ft
As far as season ticket holders, who would move, who would stay? Would they base it on seniority.

Because they are talking about it being only 20% full

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too much detail.....

The more you know!

https://www.cnn.com/2019/10/07/health/germs-home-wellness/index.html

Known as "Dr. Germ" for his abundant testing for germs on nearly every surface mankind might touch, Gerba's work is often commissioned by cleaning supply manufacturers to verify if their products work.

One of his grossest studies (non-commissioned) was on how far bacteria spread when you flush with the lid up. If you don't already know this, sit down. It's at least 6 feet. Really.

Yes, that means your toothbrush is being spattered with fecal matter. So are your bath towels, hand towels and bar soaps.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Props to Michael Bidwill for being a tremendous CEO. These decisions have to be tremendously difficult. Glad that we have him steering the ship

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

They have been doing this at some live events I have seen. Particularity in pro wrastling. They have the fans spread out, 6 feet away from each other.

I would also think there would be some sort of, only leave your area to hit the restrooms, rest of the time place your food order and we will bring it to you.

Interesting to say the least.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Agreed.

Things gotta calm down like they have up here.

People are getting into the groove of dealing with this, and it has helped tremendously. If you are note by a big city, things are almost normal.

From the official federal reports I get everyday. AZ has some work to do, but it did hit the states between the mountain ranges MUCH later than the coastal states.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I hated that part before, it had gotten better last year but jeez the bottlenecks are bad there.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They have been doing this at some live events I have seen. Particularity in pro wrastling. They have the fans spread out, 6 feet away from each other.

I would also think there would be some sort of, only leave your area to hit the restrooms, rest of the time place your food order and we will bring it to you.

Interesting to say the least.

Seat side service would be an incredible come up for that stadium. I would actually spend money on food there if they had it.