Around MLB 2020

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Is any suspension too harsh for a pitcher who tries to injure batters and agitates them to retaliate?
I'm sorry but the Astros deserve a few balls in the middle of the back. Headshots of course not. Every Dodger deserves to be irate at that team

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Is any suspension too harsh for a pitcher who tries to injure batters and agitates them to retaliate?
Boo hoo..he’s agitating me..And no suspensions for a team of proven cheaters. This is why baseball sucks.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jeff Passan
@JeffPassan

Switch pitcher Pat Venditte has agreed to a minor league deal with the Miami Marlins, his agent, Marc Kligman, tells ESPN. With the Marlins ravaged by a coronavirus outbreak, they need players. Venditte, who was with them during spring training, could join big league club soon.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Tom
@Haudricourt
· 17m
To show how remarkably consistent #Brewers Christian Yelich has been at plate over his career and how unusual this slump is: This is first time he ever has gone four consecutive starts without a hit (0-18, 10 Ks). That's pretty amazing for player who entered majors in 2013.

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Ben Nicholson-Smith
@bnicholsonsmith

·
7m

Despite recommendations from league & health officials, some players across MLB have continued spitting & high-fiving Blue Jays manager Charlie Montoyo says he keeps reminding players to cut back on those activities & be safe. "Everybody needs to get better at that. No excuses"

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Boo hoo..he’s agitating me..And no suspensions for a team of proven cheaters. This is why baseball sucks.
In this case, the cheaters weren't the cheaters.

If you're condoning beanballs vs. sign stealers.
you're condoning unacceptable behavior.

As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I visited Field of Dreams in Dyersville about twenty years ago. My former wife was from Dubuque
and we were visiting her family.

Unfortunately, it was pouring rain and the guys who were there to play an exhibition game and we
stood around with umbrellas chatting for awhile.

I came out of the cornfield but it was wrong season of the year, and there was no corn.

The biggest connection my Dad and I had was when we, both of us lefties, would have a catch on
the side of the house. When Kevin Costner said, in the movie, "John, Dad, do you want to have a
catch?", I was in tears.

So, even in the pouring rain, Dyersville and the Field of Dreams will be always be special to me.

I'll even watch the (ugh) Red Sox-Yankees game there if it is on national TV.

You must be registered for see images attach

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
In this case, the cheaters weren't the cheaters.

If you're condoning beanballs vs. sign stealers.
you're condoning unacceptable behavior.

As the old saying goes, two wrongs don't make a right.
You must be a Dodger hater and not looking at this very objectively.
Proven cheaters have no consequences. Unproven beanballs have a severe consequence.
That is unacceptable

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
You must be a Dodger hater and not looking at this very objectively.
Proven cheaters have no consequences. Unproven beanballs have a severe consequence.
That is unacceptable
I reacted to the situation, regardless of the teams.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tom
@Haudricourt
· 17m
To show how remarkably consistent #Brewers Christian Yelich has been at plate over his career and how unusual this slump is: This is first time he ever has gone four consecutive starts without a hit (0-18, 10 Ks). That's pretty amazing for player who entered majors in 2013.

Amazing statistic

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Jon Heyman
@JonHeyman

·
16m

Not announced yet, but Phillies aren’t going to Miami next Tuesday and are instead going to NY to play the Yankees for 2 then returning to Philly for 2, also vs. Yankees. Miami schedule remains undetermined.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA