Madden Rankings Are In

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PS: I bought last years madden after like a 6 year break and it has so many buttons I gave up on it. It's like flying a damn airplane nowadays. Unless you spend countless hours on it, you will suck. Or, you can play on easier modes but winning 60-7 isnt very fun.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
K9 works for elettronic arts, probably is one of the employees that deals with players rating

However I'm agree about Jordan Hicks, he is a c/c+ player, making many tackles doesnt mean very much, the middle linebacker corp was atrocious and his performance were not good, and extremely disappointing in coverage

Byron Murphy got ton of play action, and didn't show he can be an efficient cornerback, I give him 70/72 rating plus he got worse week by week instead of improving, not a good signal for a rookie

Kirk had injury problems but when healthy was enough good, 80 the rating I give him, if he plays 16 games he is a 1000 yards guy

Murray deserve a 80/82 rating cause of the improviser ability

Chandler Jones deserve a 98 rating

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PS: I bought last years madden after like a 6 year break and it has so many buttons I gave up on it. It's like flying a damn airplane nowadays. Unless you spend countless hours on it, you will suck. Or, you can play on easier modes but winning 60-7 isnt very fun.
Me too, I bought it during lockdown, especially for the running back is a mess with multiple buttons combinations
The spin move is horrendous

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

This happened with me a few years ago when there was a part in GTA: San Andreas that I just wasn't interested in doing (getting a pilots license). I figured out that video games just weren't for me anymore. Still have fun playing CupHead and owning my kids in Mario Kart 8 (for as long as that lasts!).

K9 works for elettronic arts, probably is one of the employees that deals with players rating

However I'm agree about Jordan Hicks, he is a c/c+ player, making many tackles doesnt mean very much, the middle linebacker corp was atrocious and his performance were not good, and extremely disappointing in coverage

Byron Murphy got ton of play action, and didn't show he can be an efficient cornerback, I give him 70/72 rating plus he got worse week by week instead of improving, not a good signal for a rookie

Kirk had injury problems but when healthy was enough good, 80 the rating I give him, if he plays 16 games he is a 1000 yards guy

Murray deserve a 80/82 rating cause of the improviser ability

Chandler Jones deserve a 98 rating

That's fake news. :D A buddy and I once wrote a LONG letter/email to them though, laying out a bunch of ideas that they eventually adopted (they weren't groundbreaking or anything).

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm struggling with this in a lot of games too. I can't jump in and memorize all of the mechanics from a 2-hour tutorial.

I hate feeling like an old man, but I guess at the same time, stuff like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were too much for me in terms of learning moves and such.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This happened with me a few years ago when there was a part in GTA: San Andreas that I just wasn't interested in doing (getting a pilots license). I figured out that video games just weren't for me anymore. Still have fun playing CupHead and owning my kids in Mario Kart 8 (for as long as that lasts!).

That's fake news. :D A buddy and I once wrote a LONG letter/email to them though, laying out a bunch of ideas that they eventually adopted (they weren't groundbreaking or anything).
Cuphead is so damn hard.

I can only play certain games these days. GTA isn't one of them. Requires way too much time and tedious stuff. Same with hack and slash games. It's just mashing buttons.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm struggling with this in a lot of games too. I can't jump in and memorize all of the mechanics from a 2-hour tutorial.

I hate feeling like an old man, but I guess at the same time, stuff like Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat were too much for me in terms of learning moves and such.
I thinks it's more lack of time and not picking up each year. If you play each year, there are subtle changes. After many years go by, it becomes complicated

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I thinks it's more lack of time and not picking up each year. If you play each year, there are subtle changes. After many years go by, it becomes complicated

There was a definite cliff I remember about three to four years ago, maybe with the change of the console generation to X1 and PS4. But yeah, it's an iterative game for sure. I used to buy yearly, though.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JJ Watt a 98? Lol

Dude hasn’t been healthy in 4 years he’s not even the best pass rusher in his family now. That right there proves these ratings are a joke

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you play the online version (MUT) it slowly teaches you how to play all the way to all Madden but I really only like All Pro. It's too damn frustrating on all Madden. Your guys just won't block or tackle people.

You are absolutely right that the game updates for rosters is non existent now. I played all last year and the changes were incremental at best. There is a lot of criticism with these rankings amongst the players so EA seems invested in not being wrong rather than fixing it when they are.

Also I believe they are financially motivated to get it wrong.

Everything is done on a week to week basis with MUT where there will be a dozen versions of the same player. Murray wins player of the week and now you can play with the 92 version.

So don't like our rankings? Do a Microtransaction to get the player the way you want

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BTW I'm happy he has been underestimated by madden rating, so he has more grit right now to show them his true value

Considering he is still learning the Pro system he has a low rating of awareness and I can understand the overall rating, what I don't get is joe burrow rating, being just 1point under him and never played a snap in the NFL
Burrow a 1 year wonder college qb

Then someone say the rating is fair considering his stats, like total offense yards, total td pass, wins etc etc
But in the same way there is also a factor regarding the cast around him
Average offensive linemen
Mediocre receivers

Its not like Mayfield who put the same numbers with much better players around him

Many aspects should be considered but maybe it takes too long doing that for every single players

Last edited: