Bleacher Report: Kyler's projected stats for 2020

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The Arizona Cardinals should go into the 2020 season with high expectations for their passing offense.

Kyler Murray will take the field coming off a strong campaign as Offensive Rookie of the Year in which he threw for 3,722 yards, 20 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. This season, he'll play with one of the league's best wide receiver corps, featuring DeAndre Hopkins, Larry Fitzgerald and Christian Kirk.

The Cardinals acquired Hopkins from the Houston Texans. He's coming off a third consecutive term with at least 96 receptions and 1,165 yards. Fitzgerald still has more production left in the tank. The 36-year-old led the team in catches (75) and yards (804) for 2019. Kirk listed second, registering 68 catches for 709 yards.

Don't forget the Cardinals drafted a trio of wide receivers last offseason, Andy Isabella (second round), Hakeem Butler (fourth) and KeeSean Johnson (sixth). If one of the three makes a jump in their second campaign, this group could occasionally go four deep, challenging defenses all over the field.

Kenyan Drake provides a reliable option as a pass-catcher out of the backfield. He's hauled in 144 receptions for 1,107 yards and six touchdowns through 62 outings.

Murray has it all at his disposal: a star wide receiver, a future Hall of Famer, budding talent and a pass-catching running back. If guard J.R. Sweezy and tackle Marcus Gilbert handle their protection duties on the right side, the Cardinals signal-caller will have time to carve up defenses with his weapons.

Projected Stats: 365 completions, 556 attempts, 4,276 yards, 26 touchdowns, 14 interceptions, 75 carries, 461 rushing yards, 3 touchdowns
https://bleacherreport.com/articles...edictions-for-every-projected-starting-nfl-qb

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't like this type of threads generating too much enthusiasm around
I love Murray as a talent but has plenty of things to show in order to be considered a next promising star In the league
Year 1 was good (maybe more then just good considering the weapons he had) but not spectacular, he has to take the right steps moving forward

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm still thinking 42 to 4500 yards, 30 passing TD's and 6 rushing TD's. 650 rushing yards and 10 to 12 INT's. Maybe 2 fumbles lost.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't like this type of threads generating too much enthusiasm around
I love Murray as a talent but has plenty of things to show in order to be considered a next promising star In the league
Year 1 was good (maybe more then just good considering the weapons he had) but not spectacular, he has to take the right steps moving forward
Wait, what?

I thought we almost got in internet fistfights when I said stuff like this. :cheers:
He looks to have all of the tools though. Here's hoping!

Cards4thebowl

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The game has not changed as much as you'd like to think, sonny.

Although you are right about punctuation. It has regressed in the "Age of Stupid."

You must be registered for see images attach

Lol old man you should know 4000 yards 30td 15 int was an elite season when Warner was playing. Now even average QBs can reach that number every year.

Also do you always like to use your superior grammar on an internet forum to hide the fact you ain't getting any?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Lol old man you should know 4000 yards 30td 15 int was an elite season when Warner was playing. Now even average QBs can reach that number every year.

Also do you always like to use your superior grammar on an internet forum to hide the fact you ain't getting any?

Surprised you didn't use 'boomer" as the put down.

It's was passes for witty in the Age of Witless.

Gentlemen don't discuss money or sex lives, we leave that to vulgarians.

The point of my first post was to simply draw attention to the TD / Int. ratio.

Last edited:

Cards4thebowl

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Surprised you didn't use 'boomer" as the put down.

It's was passes for witty in the Age of Witless.

Gentlemen don't discuss money or sex lives, we leave that to vulgarians.

The point of my first post was to simply draw attention to the TD / Int. ratio.

Ok boomer you are definitely not getting any.

Warner would throw 5000 yards and 40TDs every year in this era easy.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Ok boomer you are definitely not getting any.

Warner would throw 5000 yards and 40TDs every year in this era easy.

Ok, sonny.

Now clean up your room and do your chores or there's no allowance this week.

How about you guys focus on chilling out. @Cards4thebowl didn't like you calling him sonny..... and @GuernseyCard didn;t like the escalation in tone.

We got it..... can we all move on now please?

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
If we don’t prioritize the run game to start, unlike last year KM will get smushed, oline won’t give time needed, receivers will spectators to often.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
If we don’t prioritize the run game to start, unlike last year KM will get smushed, oline won’t give time needed, receivers will spectators to often.

Yep the run game was crucial to the Chiefs Super Bowl run....NOT.

This isnt 1995 anymore.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yep the run game was crucial to the Chiefs Super Bowl run....NOT.

This isnt 1995 anymore.

Yea yea yea, not like Mahomes run game really mattered, brain! Haha I’m right, been right, can’t beat it out if me. you want to know what’s bs? No OC , no run game coordinator, laying our lil bit of success on the shoulders of positional coach James Saxon! Yea KK ran more after we got our AZ kicked, passing like our hair was on fire! Then we found some success! Run game is not a primary weapon, it’s an afterthought unless it’s risking KM for a crisis play! Screw crisis, team shouldn’t live in crisis! Then this is how KK coaches Drake? Needs to get a grip, drake did well in spite of this staff, structure, not because of it.

https://www.azcardinals.com/news/kenyan-drake-primed-for-breakout-year-as-cardinals-top-running-back

"He's going to have a higher level of confidence," coach Kliff Kingsbury said last month. "He did a lot of (his learning) on the fly. You see the explosiveness, you see what he can do in space, and we have to continue to put him in situations to be successful."

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose