Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope it's good. Loved the first one.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Saw this this afternoon. A little more humor than the first - and references to the mythos of the first - and the same, or better in my opinion, action as the first as well. I really enjoyed it. If you liked the first one, safe bet that this second one is worth it for you as well.

If you didn't see the first one, you will get more enjoyment out of The Second Chapter if you watch the first one before hand, IMO. It sets this one up and this movie picks up (immediately?) after the first one.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
John Wick: Chapter 2

Release date: February 10, 2017
Studio: Summit Entertainment (Lionsgate)
Director: Chad Stahelski
MPAA Rating: R (for strong violence throughout, some language and brief nudity)
Screenwriter: Derek Kolstad
Genre: Action

Starring: Keanu Reeves, Common , Laurence Fishburne, Riccardo Scamarcio, Ruby Rose, Lance Reddick, Bridget Moynahan, Franco Nero, John Leguizamo, Ian McShane

Plot Summary: In this next chapter following the 2014 hit, legendary hitman John Wick [Keanu Reeves] is forced back out of retirement by a former associate plotting to seize control of a shadowy international assassins’ guild. Bound by a blood oath to help him, John travels to Rome where he squares off against some of the world’s deadliest killers.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was good, great action, maybe a little slow on the build-up. Not as tight as the first one, but a solid sequel. The sequence when he gets back to America was easily the best of the movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I thought it was good, great action, maybe a little slow on the build-up. Not as tight as the first one, but a solid sequel. The sequence when he gets back to America was easily the best of the movie.
I personally appreciated the fight with the two asian guys in the subway. Proving he can use a pencil to do nasty things to people. Never have I been in a theater where there were that many loud "OOOOOOH's" through an entire scene.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I personally appreciated the fight with the two asian guys in the subway. Proving he can use a pencil to do nasty things to people. Never have I been in a theater where there were that many loud "OOOOOOH's" through an entire scene.

that was definitely the highlight of the sequence I was referring to.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think it had a solid 45 minutes to an hour, but was otherwise pretty blech. The first half hour almost made me walk out, it was that bad. The perfect way they presented the story in the first one just got a really awful parody in this one. When he goes on the...trip (avoiding spoilers), it really picked up. Some great stuff in there, but some godawful cheese that went way beyond the original, too. Worth the price of admission, but little else. Doesn't even compare to the first, and I've no interest in a third.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Loved it. I wish it had been slightly tighter. Maybe about 10 to 15 minutes shorter. However, it seems like they purposely showed you much more of the "organization" so you understood the size of it which sets up the 3rd film.

Can't wait for the next one.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Just ok. I put off seeing it because I had a feeling I would be disappointed. I was pretty much right. Not awful, but nowhere near the first.

There were some cool parts, just not enough of them. Loved when he came back to new york and I love when they show the inner workings of the continental and the whole network of assassins, there just wasn't enough of that. The "marker" was pretty cool though I hated Keanu refusing as tho he didn't understand how the Marker worked and that OBVIOUSLY there would be consequences...

When it goes into 10 minute car chases and fight scenes where he kills 900 henchman, (seriously, where do they get ALL THESE HENCHMAN? Also, do they go everywhere with the villains? Are they on call? How are henchman paid is it hourly or are they all on salary?) but when that crap starts I just tune out. Because now it's not John Wick anymore it's just another action movie and I'm bored.

The first one like bordered on an art film in a lot of ways, but this one was just an action flick. I wonder how Ruby Rose felt about her first major motion picture role having exactly zero speaking parts lol. That kinda sucks for Ruby.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Just ok. I put off seeing it because I had a feeling I would be disappointed. I was pretty much right. Not awful, but nowhere near the first.

There were some cool parts, just not enough of them. Loved when he came back to new york and I love when they show the inner workings of the continental and the whole network of assassins, there just wasn't enough of that. The "marker" was pretty cool though I hated Keanu refusing as tho he didn't understand how the Marker worked and that OBVIOUSLY there would be consequences...

When it goes into 10 minute car chases and fight scenes where he kills 900 henchman, (seriously, where do they get ALL THESE HENCHMAN? Also, do they go everywhere with the villains? Are they on call? How are henchman paid is it hourly or are they all on salary?) but when that crap starts I just tune out. Because now it's not John Wick anymore it's just another action movie and I'm bored.

The first one like bordered on an art film in a lot of ways, but this one was just an action flick. I wonder how Ruby Rose felt about her first major motion picture role having exactly zero speaking parts lol. That kinda sucks for Ruby.

Fun movie, but I definitely agree with the paragraph above in bold.

For those of you not happy about a 3rd film, you're really going to dislike the fact that a 4th film is in the works as well. :)

Reaction score
Fun movie, but I definitely agree with the paragraph above in bold.

For those of you not happy about a 3rd film, you're really going to dislike the fact that a 4th film is in the works as well. :)

I'll be right there to watch it. I've enjoyed every one so far.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be right thee to watch it. I've enjoyed every one so far.

my too. The third one started with quite possibly the best first 30 minutes of any action movie ever made. It tapered off from there but the rest was still very entertaining as well.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still haven't seen any of the John Wick series. Keep looking for the original to be on HBO or Netflix or whatever but it never seems to be.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still haven't seen any of the John Wick series. Keep looking for the original to be on HBO or Netflix or whatever but it never seems to be.

Watch the first one. It peaks there, and then goes downhill like most trilogies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose