Center Stage (2000)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Center Stage is a 2000 American teen drama film directed by Nicholas Hytner about a group of young dancers from various backgrounds who enroll at the fictitious American Ballet Academy in New York City. The film explores the issues and difficulties in the world of professional dance, and how each individual copes with the stresses. This movie was Zoe Saldana's and Amanda Schull's film debuts.

The single from the movie I Wanna Be with You is performed by Mandy Moore. The song became Moore's highest charting song in the US at number 24, becoming her only top 40 song in the nation. It spent 16 weeks on the Billboard Hot 100, and peaked during its 9th week on the chart.[3]

I have no idea how this ended up in my netflix queue. I thought it was because someone posted it here, but I can't find a thread for it.

It seemed a bit like an 80s film, but it was missing the heart that most cheesy 80s films have that make them so likable. Dancing was pretty good though.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It seemed a bit like an 80s film, but it was missing the heart that most cheesy 80s films have that make them so likable. Dancing was pretty good though.

I actually liked the movie at the time but it did feel like a cheesy 80's teen film. And yes, I liked it mostly for the dancing. Plus Amanda Schull, of course.