“Do I think it’s going to stunt his growth? I don’t think so”

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
there's a good chance all the teams are still gonna do OTA's but just discretely right? would be pretty easy to get your position group together in a big backyard and run some drills.... Patriots probably hiding in the forest somewhere doing full team drills

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
there's a good chance all the teams are still gonna do OTA's but just discretely right? would be pretty easy to get your position group together in a big backyard and run some drills.... Patriots probably hiding in the forest somewhere doing full team drills

Instead of the helmet they can use a specif anti virus mask and after the practice taking a shower in their respective home

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

There is no way, if they get caught the NFL will sanction teams severely, like heavy fines, lost cap space, lost draft picks etc.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There is no way, if they get caught the NFL will sanction teams severely, like heavy fines, lost cap space, lost draft picks etc.
it would be completely legal for them to hold position group drills in AZ and the NFL has only required the teams to close their facilities for two weeks.

Id put money on teams still getting their position groups together for drills once OTAs roll around, albeit in a discreet manner and not at the team facility.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
it would be completely legal for them to hold position group drills in AZ and the NFL has only required the teams to close their facilities for two weeks.

Id put money on teams still getting their position groups together for drills once OTAs roll around, albeit in a discreet manner and not at the team facility.

They can't have any organized team activities period, not just at their facilities but anywhere.

Players can get together but the minute a coach or trainer shows up it becomes a team activity.

There is absolutely no way it would stay quiet either. Just look at the Astros cheating scandal.

"Three May Keep a Secret if Two are Dead" Benjamin Franklin

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
They can't have any organized team activities period, not just at their facilities but anywhere.

Players can get together but the minute a coach or trainer shows up it becomes a team activity.

There is absolutely no way it would stay quiet either. Just look at the Astros cheating scandal.

"Three May Keep a Secret if Two are Dead" Benjamin Franklin
Kyler texting the receivers to come over and run routes would be totally legal. Oline gets together and runs blocking scripts at a different location. Secondary gets together and practices coverage changes to hypothetical motions and audibles. All totally legal and doesn't require secrets.

Not sure I see the comparison to the Astros.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Kyler texting the receivers to come over and run routes would be totally legal. Oline gets together and runs blocking scripts at a different location. Secondary gets together and practices coverage changes to hypothetical motions and audibles. All totally legal and doesn't require secrets.

Not sure I see the comparison to the Astros.

This is what you said "there's a good chance all the teams are still gonna do OTA's but just discretely right?"

That would be in direct violation to NFL rules, that would be cheating--the Astros cheated, can you see the comparison now? The one time a player feels they are punished for not participating or will be punished if they don't participate they will go directly to the NFLPA who will go to the league who will come down on the team hard.

So no I don't see there is a good chance teams do discreet OTA's, I'd say likelihood is zero.

Players can get together sure but that isn't an OTA the O in OTA = Organized, meaning team led.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is what you said "there's a good chance all the teams are still gonna do OTA's but just discretely right?"

That would be in direct violation to NFL rules, that would be cheating--the Astros cheated, can you see the comparison now? The one time a player feels they are punished for not participating or will be punished if they don't participate they will go directly to the NFLPA who will go to the league who will come down on the team hard.

So no I don't see there is a good chance teams do discreet OTA's, I'd say likelihood is zero.

Players can get together sure but that isn't an OTA the O in OTA = Organized, meaning team led.
Call it whatever you want. OTA or a buncha guys in a backyard.

The boys are practicing and its legal.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Call it whatever you want. OTA or a buncha guys in a backyard.

The boys are practicing and its legal.

If it is legal why would it have to be discreet then? It isn't a practice any more than guys just staying in shape--that is also something I doubt is happening all that often. I saw video of Dak Prescott working out with Dez Bryant, there are videos of draft prospects working out together to stay in shape--but I really doubt players get together for anything more than staying sharp. The chances of players getting together and running plays or schemes is slim.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If it is legal why would it have to be discreet then? It isn't a practice any more than guys just staying in shape--that is also something I doubt is happening all that often. I saw video of Dak Prescott working out with Dez Bryant, there are videos of draft prospects working out together to stay in shape--but I really doubt players get together for anything more than staying sharp. The chances of players getting together and running plays or schemes is slim.
discreet as in "not officially team organized"

oh well, agree to disagree

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yeah, I don't see any way players are getting together for their own OTAs. Some of them don't even live in Phoenix and would all have to hop on flights. Some aren't even officially with the team. Some have families to think of.

Ain't happening.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hanging out together and playing catch isnt against the rules.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
hanging out together and playing catch isnt against the rules.
It really kinda is... in many states they're shutting down parks - some cities will be putting police out to stop people from getting together in parks for Easter worship.

Heck, Kyler licks his hands when he throws the ball - watch Flight Plan. Not to mention finding a way to get players out to Phoenix or wherever KM is.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really kinda is... in many states they're shutting down parks - some cities will be putting police out to stop people from getting together in parks for Easter worship.

Heck, Kyler licks his hands when he throws the ball - watch Flight Plan. Not to mention finding a way to get players out to Phoenix or wherever KM is.
The players have yards.

Some of them really big yards.

I'm talking about NFL legal.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose