I Also Have a SuggestIon

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Could we try to refrain from calling other posters or their posts, dumb, stupid, crazy, etc.? Those remarks don’t persuade people or enhance anyone’s arguments. Things literally are tough all over. We don’t need to be getting anyone more frustrated than they already are. Everyone has a right to an opinion and none of us has a monopoly on reality or truth, least of all me. It’s fine to disagree and argue your point. That’s part of the fun. But let’s not lose sight that it’s supposed to be fun. Look out a little for the next guy. Remember to someone else you’re the next guy.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Could we try to refrain from calling other posters or their posts, dumb, stupid, crazy, etc.? Those remarks don’t persuade people or enhance anyone’s arguments. Things literally are tough all over. We don’t need to be getting anyone more frustrated than they already are. Everyone has a right to an opinion and none of us has a monopoly on reality or truth, least of all me. It’s fine to disagree and argue your point. That’s part of the fun. But let’s not lose sight that it’s supposed to be fun. Look out a little for the next guy. Remember to someone else you’re the next guy.

Yeah, that's bad. Disagree with a post or a poster, but don't stigmatize them like that. Not that I haven't gotten into mudslinging contests on here, but I try to do my best.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well I have to admit that sometimes that I'm a Dumbazz but they told me the 1st step to recovery was admitting that I have a problem.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
...but some people make some really dumb and stupid posts... :)

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm sure part of this is directed at me, but it feels like parsing words for no good reason. If someone has a really over the top intense take, I'm not sure how to really civilly approach the fact it sounds like a really bad idea without just talking around those words.

It's not all about me, but I feel like no one's got an issue with piling on because I have a negative perspective about a lot on this team. Seems like it's only when someone is being rah rah that it's okay to tell someone else they're dumb, an idiot, have bad takes, whatever.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sure part of this is directed at me, but it feels like parsing words for no good reason. If someone has a really over the top intense take, I'm not sure how to really civilly approach the fact it sounds like a really bad idea without just talking around those words.

It's not all about me, but I feel like no one's got an issue with piling on because I have a negative perspective about a lot on this team. Seems like it's only when someone is being rah rah that it's okay to tell someone else they're dumb, an idiot, have bad takes, whatever.

You're not a victim!

Control your adjectives and adverbs and you'll find that few will take issue with your "hot' takes.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You're not a victim!

Control your adjectives and adverbs and you'll find that few will take issue with your "hot' takes.
I always try my best to be mindful of others here. I don't think adjectives and adverbs are the problem. I think it's that I'm no longer an optimist. But we'll see. I'm never intentionally trying to rile anyone up here.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always try my best to be mindful of others here. I don't think adjectives and adverbs are the problem. I think it's that I'm no longer an optimist. But we'll see. I'm never intentionally trying to rile anyone up here.

Suggesting that only an imbecile wouldn't agree with you tends to rile in most circles.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Frankly, his conjunctions have sent me over the edge one too many times. Don’t even get me started on his prepositions.
I have a feeling I'm blocked, the way this is phrased, but this is the way my friends, family and I talk to each other. I definitely don't mean it to be something that riles someone up. I'll try to choose lighter words to make my arguments in the future.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I have a feeling I'm blocked, the way this is phrased, but this is the way my friends, family and I talk to each other. I definitely don't mean it to be something that riles someone up. I'll try to choose lighter words to make my arguments in the future.
I was just kidding. I have no beef with anyone on this board.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
It would help some of you to avoid commenting altogether to or about the PERSON making a post, and stick to rejecting or criticizing the content only. That way it never becomes so personal.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score

I honestly typically pass over most posts of the nature I mentioned. I haven’t noted any specific offenders. I read (and too often comment) on many threads. I just noticed one where it seemed most posts contained personal attacks. I just thought it was disappointing.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If you ever find yourself making a post in frustration or annoyance than just do what I do and type it out and then delete it, makes it easier to move on without it turning sour. Never stoop to the level of calling names or calling people's opinions stupid. Call it over the top or unrealistic if you must, but no argument or discussion ever gets anywhere once words like "stupid", "dumb" or "idiotic" start making their way into the comments.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If you ever find yourself making a post in frustration or annoyance than just do what I do and type it out and then delete it, makes it easier to move on without it turning sour. Never stoop to the level of calling names or calling people's opinions stupid. Call it over the top or unrealistic if you must, but no argument or discussion ever gets anywhere once words like "stupid", "dumb" or "idiotic" start making their way into the comments.

Exactly. Not trying to discourage people from replying to whatever they want, but you don't have to reply to everything that gives you the slightest itch.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Just look for the "silver lining" in their post.
Sincerely: Dad lol.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

There isn't always a huge difference between calling an idea stupid compared to calling a person stupid. Although I lean towards taking an Olinemen in the draft, I don't know how big a difference it will make one way or the other in the great scheme of things. I bet there is a decent proportion of "experts" who get paid to study the NFL who feel that we should choose a receiver because they feel that receiver will make a bigger impact on our team. If that is only a preference 20% of the time I don't call that excessively crazy, dumb, or stupid. Now if it is only 1% well then.. that's a little different. The national publications have us taking Oline but- I believe they are just copying and pasting. As we get closer to the draft I bet you see a lot more leaning Receiver. I think right now it's probably 2/3'rds chance of Oline 1/3rd Receiver at this point... So with that I think we have to turn down the tone a little bit with calling something crazy, stupid, etc...

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
There isn't always a huge difference between calling an idea stupid compared to calling a person stupid. Although I lean towards taking an Olinemen in the draft, I don't know how big a difference it will make one way or the other in the great scheme of things. I bet there is a decent proportion of "experts" who get paid to study the NFL who feel that we should choose a receiver because they feel that receiver will make a bigger impact on our team. If that is only a preference 20% of the time I don't call that excessively crazy, dumb, or stupid. Now if it is only 1% well then.. that's a little different. The national publications have us taking Oline but- I believe they are just copying and pasting. As we get closer to the draft I bet you see a lot more leaning Receiver. I think right now it's probably 2/3'rds chance of Oline 1/3rd Receiver at this point... So with that I think we have to turn down the tone a little bit with calling something crazy, stupid, etc...
You say there's a segment of experts saying we should go WR, but the evidence doesn't show it from the mock draft tracker, and you say it's because the experts are copying and pasting... so which is it? Besides Wolfley (and maybe one or two of his radio counterparts), whose job it is to bluster on the air for hours a day and keep people listening, I'm not seeing Lamb anywhere but ASFN. I don't live in Phoenix, so I could admittedly be missing something you have to be local to understand, but ArizonaSports.com tracks these and not one has us taking Lamb/Ruggs/Jeudy in a post-trade world.

So that's where I continue to be confused and use those words to describe my confusion. I'm unsure how the concept has formed in so many poster's minds when really it's based off of comments from Kyler that were pre-Hopkins.

I really still genuinely don't see any way that WR is under consideration unless somehow all of the defenders go, our favorite tackle goes, and someone offers us considerable compensation to move up and take a QB, and we find ourselves stuck staring at a board with no viable OT or defender. That's a lot of falling dominoes to get to that point.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose