Who are the Cardinals drafting in round one

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I am not talking about who you want but who is going to be the pick. Free agency for the most part in its initial flurry is done. Nothing much is going to change now for whom the teams have lined up on their board and due to our current C19 situation, the approach is set. Who will the Cardinals pick, what have you

CeeDee Lamb is my guess when we get to eight or even a minimal trade down, with the likes of Simmons or Okudah gone by how the Cards place themselves when our pick comes along :)

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Simmons if he’s there if not it’s certain they Go Wirfs or Wills at 8

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After all the guy’s we’ve signed and re-signed I think it will be Lamb.

Somewhere it the next few post you will see , “ that will be stupid to draft Lamb” even though your thread is clear about who do you think we’ll select and not who do you want.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
After all the guy’s we’ve signed and re-signed I think it will be Lamb.

Somewhere it the next few post you will see , “ that will be stupid to draft Lamb” even though your thread is clear about who do you think we’ll select and not who do you want.
I think it's also stupid to think we'll draft Lamb, if that helps.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I am not talking about who you want but who is going to be the pick. Free agency for the most part in its initial flurry is done. Nothing much is going to change now for whom the teams have lined up on their board and due to our current C19 situation, the approach is set. Who will the Cardinals pick, what have you

CeeDee Lamb is my guess when we get to eight or even a minimal trade down, with the likes of Simmons or Okudah gone by how the Cards place themselves when our pick comes along :)

I say Lamb, knows the system, has QB chemistry, KK runs the spread wanted to run 5 wide, didnt have the personnel to do so. Isabella, Keesean and Hakeem didnt pan out, They get Lamb to get groomed under Larry.

We could see a trade down and they grab a burner as well.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's also stupid to think we'll draft Lamb, if that helps.
And I knew you’d be the first to comment instead of stating who you THINK. Do you even read posts or do you stop as Soon as you see something you don’t agree on?

And to make something clear I really don’t care about what you think about what I think.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Welp, I guess I've discovered a new Cardinals football thing that triggers me into wanting to argue for hours on end.

We have:
- Kenyan Drake is a good running back
- Kliff Kingsbury is a proven good head coach
- We should/will take a WR with our #1 pick after acquiring DeAndre Hopkins

Can't wait for the draft to be over with so we can all have a laugh at the most recent silly take.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
And I knew you’d be the first to comment instead of stating who you THINK. Do you even read posts or do you stop as Soon as you see something you don’t agree on?
Lol, I read it, but I couldn't wait to be the first one to reply.

Who do I think we'll take? It's whoever is available between Simmons, Brown, and Okudah.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cardinals probably trade down and draft Lamb.

I want that offensive tackle or someone like Simmons or Okudah if they fall.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
BTW, I wanted to do a public poll so we could all get our guesses on who they will pick for better or worse but that would not have been fair due to the number of options some here think the Cardinals might select. So, simply list your choice and for everyone's patience do not come on here and bitch and moan about somebody's idea who they think the Cardinals will select while not even giving your own like some kind of almighty god in the sky lol

Dante

All Star
Reaction score
It is hard for me to predict who I think the Cardinals will select with their 8th overall pick as I think they can go in many different directions and that includes WR, even though I don't want them to go in that direction.

CardinalCovfefe

Veteran
Reaction score
Some people wanted to trade PP last season before the deadline. They felt the fact he got busted for PEDs pointed to the idea he could feel his physicality slipping and wondered when he would begin to fall off that CB cliff. They felt there had to be a team that knew they had a great chance in the playoffs is ONLY they had a difference maker at CB. Some felt he could draw a 1st from a CB-needy team at that point in the season, needing just that one piece to push them over the top.

SO, if Okudah is there at 8 they might still be able to do that and deal PP for a 2nd. He's going to turn 30 in July, and that is mighty close to when most CB's skillset starts to nose dive.

Oh.....wait. You asked what the Cards would do, not the Patriots.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
It is hard for me to predict who I think the Cardinals will select with their 8th overall pick as I think they can go in many different directions and that includes WR, even though I don't want them to go in that direction.

Just throw one out there :raccoon:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
BTW, I wanted to do a public poll so we could all get our guesses on who they will pick for better or worse but that would not have been fair due to the number of options some here think the Cardinals might select. So, simply list your choice and for everyone's patience do not come on here and bitch and moan about somebody's idea who they think the Cardinals will select while not even giving your own like some kind of almighty god in the sky lol
Too late. :)

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Can't wait for the draft to be over with so we can all have a laugh at the most recent silly take.

Remember half the board or 60% where saying the same about the Cards picking Murray last year and laughing at that idea even being entertained.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Remember half the board or 60% where saying the same about the Cards picking Murray last year and laughing at that idea even being entertained.
I don't think anyone on this board was saying that it was unfathomable we were taking Murray less than a month before the draft. Should we or shouldn't we was a debate for sure, but not a clear no way.

AirRaid

Rookie
Reaction score
Keim should be on the first bus out of town if he takes Lamb. Nowhere near the BPA at our spot. Suicide to draft based on what one of your players wants. Not even Brady or Manning had control over personnel, so it makes sense to give that authority to a second year player o_O

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My choices for a Poll:
1. Trade back a few spots and go BPA.
2. Trade back to mid-first round and go BPA.
3. Stay at #8 and go OT.
4. Stay at #8 and go WR.
5. If Simmons or Okudah fall into our laps, grab them.
6. Brown or Kinlaw.
7. A surprise pick. Come on SK, we know you want to.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't think anyone on this board was saying that it was unfathomable we were taking Murray less than a month before the draft. Should we or shouldn't we was a debate for sure, but not a clear no way.

There was plenty of no way and they would cancel season Tix, come on now dont make me bump the threads lol