Let’s Talk About Drake

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the dream of Simmons died when the Cardinals signed Campbell. The way his contract is structured, they can rework it with ease and sign him long term if he plays well in this defense.

Keim isnt the type of GM to sign a name player in free agency and then use a high pick on the same position. The Cardinals tend to telegraph what they are going to do to a certain extent.

Their current roster breakdown indicates they will either go OL or DL.
Simmons is the type of player that could spell at Ilb, olb, S and slot.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Glad Drake will be here for this season but I think we go after Kareem Hunt when he is a UFA next spring. Perfect fit for this team. He will only be 25 and two years removed from his incident.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Glad Drake will be here for this season but I think we go after Kareem Hunt when he is a UFA next spring. Perfect fit for this team. He will only be 25 and two years removed from his incident.
Omg hunt would be amazing here great speed and good hands!! Hope it happens much better fot than brown for his skill set

And as long as he has his priorities set.....

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Omg hunt would be amazing here great speed and good hands!! Hope it happens much better fot than brown for his skill set

And as long as he has his priorities set.....
This team doesn't go for guys with character issues. Especially not ones like that.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Man I hate judging people as I haven’t necessarily been a saint myself in the past. But after having seen what he did to his girl...I don’t think I could have a clear conscience and root for the guy

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Man I hate judging people as I haven’t necessarily been a saint myself in the past. But after having seen what he did to his girl...I don’t think I could have a clear conscience and root for the guy
IIRC it wasn't his girl, just a random girl coming to his party.

When he kicked her while she was already down, that was an especially bad look.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What he did was bad. But lets not put it on the level of Ray Rice or a rapist or something crazy like that. Joe Mixon was also much worse in my opinion. He did the crime, he did the time, I would be just fine watching him on the Cardinals. He is a very good player and perfect fit for this offense, in my opinion.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What he did was bad. But lets not put it on the level of Ray Rice or a rapist or something crazy like that. Joe Mixon was also much worse in my opinion. He did the crime, he did the time, I would be just fine watching him on the Cardinals. He is a very good player and perfect fit for this offense, in my opinion.

Agreed. I hate comparing which incident was “less worse” but in Hunt’s case it definitely was. Mixon and Rice straight cold cocked those gals.

Reaction score
Agreed. I hate comparing which incident was “less worse” but in Hunt’s case it definitely was. Mixon and Rice straight cold cocked those gals.

If I remember right Hunt lightly kicked her in the rear for lack of a better term. It wasn't a vicious kick with intent to do harm. More a sign of disrespect imo. I don't condone it or excuse it in any way. If he wanted her to leave there were definitely better ways to go about it. Where as Mixon & Rice were definitely violent in their assault.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
If I remember right Hunt lightly kicked her in the rear for lack of a better term. It wasn't a vicious kick with intent to do harm. More a sign of disrespect imo. I don't condone it or excuse it in any way. If he wanted her to leave there were definitely better ways to go about it. Where as Mixon & Rice were definitely violent in their assault.
Whoa, no way. Mixon had someone initiate contact with him and he threw one punch. Ray Rice throws a push and a punch.

Hunt had multiple people trying to hold him back, makes contact with her multiple times, they bring him back into the party, and he comes out again and takes out one of his partygoers just to get to her and then deliver a kick while she's down.

The only difference between Hunt and the other scenarios is he didn't get a clean shot because people were holding him back. I think the fact people were trying to stop him and he couldn't be reasoned with for a sustained amount of time is way worse.

Reaction score
Whoa, no way. Mixon had someone initiate contact with him and he threw one punch. Ray Rice throws a push and a punch.

Hunt had multiple people trying to hold him back, makes contact with her multiple times, they bring him back into the party, and he comes out again and takes out one of his partygoers just to get to her and then deliver a kick while she's down.

The only difference between Hunt and the other scenarios is he didn't get a clean shot because people were holding him back. I think the fact people were trying to stop him and he couldn't be reasoned with for a sustained amount of time is way worse.

I don't remember this at all. Do you have the video or a link to the original story?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Dude, Mixon broke a womans jaw.

His punch was way out of line. No way can I cheer for that guy and I probably stop cheering for the Cardinals if they had drafted him.

The woman lightly pushed him. Him and his friends were saying lewd things to her. She made a comment to leave her alone and he followed her into the fast food joint. He was acting like a punk.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Dude, Mixon broke a womans jaw.

His punch was way out of line. No way can I cheer for that guy and I probably stop cheering for the Cardinals if they had drafted him.

The woman lightly pushed him. Him and his friends were saying lewd things to her. She made a comment to leave her alone and he followed her into the fast food joint. He was acting like a punk.
I don't want any of the three of them. No excuses for Mixon. Just saying that what Hunt did was no better. If five or six people hadn't come out to hold him back, I bet she'd have had a broken jaw or worse.

Reaction score
Hunt was definitely more aggressive than I remember. The kick was still no big deal. I take more exception to him pushing her several times. I know she was antagonizing him but he should have just walked away.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Hunt was definitely more aggressive than I remember. The kick was still no big deal. I take more exception to him pushing her several times. I know she was antagonizing him but he should have just walked away.
I mean, the kick wasn't full strength, but if he were in a situation where no one else was around to restrain him, I think it all would have been worse. Again, not making excuses for Rice or Mixon, but most of us have probably all had a quick violent moment where we quickly snapped, but sustained violence when people are telling you to back down is pretty bad stuff.