DJ traded to the Texans for DeAndre Freaking Hopkins

Germz249

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As a Cardinals fan I have never ever felt this way before. Feels a little odd.. so this is how it feels like to fleeced someone.. hmm..

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

For comparison!

WOW!! That's a lot!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If I say "no excuses for Kyler," people will accuse me of dogging him, which is not the intention. It'll be a solid year before people believe I'm not looking for reasons to dislike him.
Track a couple of my previous posts on the deal. I'm still not expecting top 10 QB play. Hopkins is an extremely great chain mover/red zone guy.

Combination of Oline/lack of speed on the outside still an issue for the QB. Temper expectations. Browns fans thought they were going to the Super Bowl.

We still have a lot of holes from Keim's previous mess. I think year 3 or 4 is when we take off.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I just read this and didn’t believe it. Still confused as to how something this good could happen to the franchise

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Track a couple of my previous posts on the deal. I'm still not expecting top 10 QB play. Hopkins is an extremely great chain mover/red zone guy.

Combination of Oline/lack of speed on the outside still an issue for the QB. Temper expectations. Browns fans thought they were going to the Super Bowl.

We still have a lot of holes from Keim's previous mess. I think year 3 or 4 is when we take off.

To be fair Cleveland made a TON of changes, new coach, new offense that called for deeper routes, and then the OL wasn't the same due to losing guys and then injury.

At least for now it seems like we're going to be relatively intact on the OL, and the coaching staff.

I don't know what to expect yet but the best part of the deal for me is that option do we take Jeudy or Lamb and get an on paper outstanding WR group, or do we take BPA on defense or OL? The point for me is now while I still love Jeudy or Lamb, they're not a NEED, nearly as much as they were before we got Hopkins.

He's apparently got a few years left on a deal but wants a new deal so we'll have to handle that well, but man the potential is fun to think about.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
To be fair Cleveland made a TON of changes, new coach, new offense that called for deeper routes, and then the OL wasn't the same due to losing guys and then injury.

At least for now it seems like we're going to be relatively intact on the OL, and the coaching staff.

I don't know what to expect yet but the best part of the deal for me is that option do we take Jeudy or Lamb and get an on paper outstanding WR group, or do we take BPA on defense or OL? The point for me is now while I still love Jeudy or Lamb, they're not a NEED, nearly as much as they were before we got Hopkins.

He's apparently got a few years left on a deal but wants a new deal so we'll have to handle that well, but man the potential is fun to think about.

Take BPA on Defense or OL. Can’t go wrong with either. David Johnson’s contract was an albatross and a weight hanging around the neck of the franchise. They appeared to fix it and open up the first round pick for a player who might actually help the team be competitive. If they draft an O Lineman who turns out to be serviceable, the offense could be dominant. If they draft an elite defensive impact player, the team could be good on both sides of the ball. Wow

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Young dynamic Qb.
Top 3 wr in his prime
Young rb in his prime.
Slot receiver ready to blossom in Kirk.
Fitz.
No losses on the o-line and maybe an addition.

Things are shaping up nicely my friends
True, but can we stop ANYBODY?

Let’s not forget we had the WORST defense in the NFL!!! One of the worst I’ve ever witnessed in my life as a Cards fan in 45 years. Talent is lacking in critical spots & I don’t believe for a second that Joseph is worth 2cents as a DC.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Let’s not forget we had the WORST defense in the NFL!!! One of the worst I’ve ever witnessed in my life as a Cards fan in 45 years. Talent is lacking in critical spots & I don’t believe for a second that Joseph is worth 2cents as a DC.
We are in terrific shape to stack this defense now. Still have free agency and the draft to boot.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I agree about our D & that says a LOT because the Cardinals have too numerous to count bad D's since I started watching them in 64.

Reactions: PJ1

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hopkins is going to love Kingbury’s demeanor compared to redass O’Brien. He’s been there since Hop’s 2nd year in the league and everyone hates him. This is the only year I’ve ever wanted to be on Hard Knocks.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose