DCU: Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn)

Release Date: February 7, 2020
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Cathy Yan
MPAA Rating: R
Screenwriter: Christina Hodson
Genre: Action

Starring: Margot Robbie, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Jurnee Smollett-Bell, Rosie Perez, Ewan McGregor, Ella Jay Basco, Chris Messina, ali wong

Plot Summary: After splitting with the Joker, Harley Quinn joins superheroes Black Canary, Huntress and Renee Montoya to save a young girl from an evil crime lord.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another mediocre DC movie. Went to see two movies this weekend and this wasn't the best one. More Harley was great but the rest of the movie outside some fun actions sequences was just OK. Based on the reviews I expected it to be up there with WW. However, I left the theater the same way I did with Suicide Squad. Felt like a mixed bag. My biggest problem is the movie really felt like they were trying to hard to make Harley a main character and pigeon holed the Birds of Prey to justify it. They should have done the City Sirens comic instead IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Another mediocre DC movie. Went to see two movies this weekend and this wasn't the best one. More Harley was great but the rest of the movie outside some fun actions sequences was just OK. Based on the reviews I expected it to be up there with WW. However, I left the theater the same way I did with Suicide Squad. Felt like a mixed bag. My biggest problem is the movie really felt like they were trying to hard to make Harley a main character and pigeon holed the Birds of Prey to justify it. They should have done the City Sirens comic instead IMO.

Definitely not WW but sure in the heck not the shambolic s-show Suicide Squad was. That wasn't even a coherent movie.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I actually like the last 30 minutes or so, I just think it took too long for all the girls to get together.

I fell in love with Black Canary, so that's always going to make the movie better for me.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually like the last 30 minutes or so, I just think it took too long for all the girls to get together.

I fell in love with Black Canary, so that's always going to make the movie better for me.

I felt the same way. You can’t call a movie Birds of Prey then only get them together the last 20 minutes. The movie was a bit of a mess.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
That Harley Quinn aluminium bat work was pure genius! My wife hated it, and she likes super hero movies. I would watch this again, probably by myself!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn't last more than 45 minutes into this movie.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave