2020 All Star Watch

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have an annual tradition - we go out for hot wings and a deep dish pepperoni & jalapeno pizza and when we get home we finish off the meal with Pepperidge Farm cookies and milk for dessert. Obviously we have to fast the other 365 days to undo the damage.

That sounds so good.

My wife and I went for Chinese food and I bought her some chocolates which provides me a chance to get some.

Ironically we did buy a Pepperidge Farm coconut cake so we are not very far off on the dessert thing.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
I think the league has it in for Sarver Suns. Bad officiating and no respect in the all star game. So what else is new.

How many games after the break? 30? Would be awesome get 8-9+ more wins.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the league has it in for Sarver Suns. Bad officiating and no respect in the all star game. So what else is new.

How many games after the break? 30? Would be awesome get 8-9+ more wins.

We better get at least that. If we get a couple players back from injury, I would hope we can play .500 or a bit better the rest of the way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not watching but it appears Zion broke the goal.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not watching but it appears Zion broke the goal.

I missed that, I only saw the 2nd half. Zion did throw it down pretty good but I'm surprised it broke the structure.

Here is the dunk for those who didn't see it.

Putting on my conspiracy cap, the way it was hyped almost made it seem like it could have been staged. It's just the Rising Star game and if they were going to stage something then that's the game to do it. It's on national tv, it gets people talking since it's been a long time since anything like that has happened in the NBA, the outcome of the game doesn't matter, and if it's revealed it was staged, it doesn't hurt the league much, if at all. If news comes out they didn't reinforce the rim for that game, does anyone care? I don't think so.

In the video, it almost looks bent before he dunked. It could be the camera angle but I'm not sure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The coverage has been pretty good though. They've had Nash, Grant Hill, and Channing Frye as the on set commentators. I'm not sure who the host is, it's not Ernie Johnson, but whoever he is is ok. It's cool to see Frye, Nash, and Hill together. They've made plenty of references to it being a 2009-10 Suns reunion and they've all spoken highly about their years together in Phoenix. Outside of the Suns nostalgia the 3 of them have really good chemistry and it's been pretty entertaining.

I doubt they'll work together again this weekend but those 3 made it worth watching the halftime and postgame coverage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They also got their picks for who will win the 3pt contest. Nash picked Booker, Hill picked Trae Young, and Frye picked Joe Harris. All gave their reasoning and Nash didn't pick Booker as a homer pick, just spoke about his efficiency and how he's done it before. Being last years winner is why Frye picked Joe Harris to win. Hill picked Trae because he's Trae Young and he thought he had the best chance of sinking the 2 new deep balls.

They all picked Aaron Gordon for the dunk contest, which has Gordon, Dwight Howard, Derrick Jones Jr, and Pat Connaughton. Here's the link for that event page, I don't believe there were any changes to that.

I don't think they gave picks for the Skills Challenge. That has Domantas Sabonis, Spencer Dinwiddie, Pascal Siakam, Bam Adebayo, Shai Gilgeous-Alexander, Khris Middleton, Patrick Beverly, and Jayson Tatum. Here's a link to that event page, it lists the rules and past winners.

They changed the 3pt rules also. It's like normal 4 regular balls and 1 money ball for each rack with 1 rack full of money balls. The placement of the racks is the same as always but they added 2 new racks, the new racks are 6 feet behind the 3pt line and have 1 ball each. Those balls are worth 3 points each. Players get 70 seconds now instead of 60.

Here is a link to the official webpage for the 3pt contest that lists the rules, changes, and past winners. Davis Bertans, Devin Booker, Devonte Graham, Joe Harris, Buddy Hield, Zach LaVine, Duncan Robinson, and Trae Young.

Here is how it's set up....

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s really too bad Marion was checked out and butthurt by the time Hill got here. Would’ve made for an incredible defensive tandem.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s really too bad Marion was checked out and butthurt by the time Hill got here. Would’ve made for an incredible defensive tandem.

I don't disagree that he was feeling unappreciated his last year or two but I don't agree that he had checked out. I just think he was approaching 30 and was starting to lose a little quickness and athleticism. For a player like him, a drop in physical gifts is extremely impactful. And ss I recall, he steadily declined throughout his 30's.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose