2020 All Star Watch

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy for Devin Booker making the All-Star roster. It makes the All-Star weekend special.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Booker will participate in the three point contest as well.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account @Gambo987

So happy for @DevinBook and happy Suns fans will get to watch him in the All Star Game and the Three Point Contest. He is a great player, great person and is so deserving of this tremendous honor. Congrats Book!!!!!!

7:50 AM - 13 Feb 2020

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Too bad Ayton can't participate but it is more important for him to get healthy.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Deandre Ayton is out of the Rising Stars game due to injury.

9:27 AM - 13 Feb 2020

With Booker going, I was hoping Ayton would be front and center cheering him on since he'd be there already. I'm glad he will get the rest though.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With Booker going, I was hoping Ayton would be front and center cheering him on since he'd be there already. I'm glad he will get the rest though.

It's a disappointment Ayton can't go for sure. He is the only reason I would watch the Rising Stars game.

At least we get to see Devin Booker in two events.

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's a disappointment Ayton can't go for sure. He is the only reason I would watch the Rising Stars game.

At least we get to see Devin Booker in two events.

I didn't even think of it until now but Mikal was snubbed from that game also. I don't think the emphasis on 2nd year players is as great as rookies but an invitation for him would have been nice. I often forget he's a 2nd year player when watching on him on defense, he's so poised and effective that he doesn't look like a sophomore in the NBA. His offensive game is lacking but his defense makes him just as valuable as most other wings from his draft class.

Booker getting to take part is the only reason I'll watch. I'd like to see him win the 3pt contest as well as game MVP just to send a message. He can score well enough that I think he could make a case for himself in the game if he's given the opportunity.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even think of it until now but Mikal was snubbed from that game also. I don't think the emphasis on 2nd year players is as great as rookies but an invitation for him would have been nice. I often forget he's a 2nd year player when watching on him on defense, he's so poised and effective that he doesn't look like a sophomore in the NBA. His offensive game is lacking but his defense makes him just as valuable as most other wings from his draft class.

Booker getting to take part is the only reason I'll watch. I'd like to see him win the 3pt contest as well as game MVP just to send a message. He can score well enough that I think he could make a case for himself in the game if he's given the opportunity.

Too bad the activities can't be divided. Bridges in the 3 point event and Booker in the All-Star game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

sending any kind of message in a game where no one plays any defense and no one even really seems to be trying all the much doesn't make much of a point to me.

if he wanted to send a real message he belonged there, he could have made a much better case by doing that in the season after he was "snubbed", as opposed to playing his least effective ball of the season, en route to losing 6 of 8 going into the break.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Too bad the activities can't be divided. Bridges in the 3 point event and Booker in the All-Star game.

why in the world would the NBA want Bridges in the 3 point event? He shoots at the league average and isn't a great shooter or star people want to see.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wish he would have asked if the officiating was as bad in the All-Star game. Then said he had plans............

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
why in the world would the NBA want Bridges in the 3 point event? He shoots at the league average and isn't a great shooter or star people want to see.

And Ty Jerome a late entry in the slam dunk contest. :wink2:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing anything special for Valentine's Day besides watching the NBA Rising Stars Challenge? ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone doing anything special for Valentine's Day besides watching the NBA Rising Stars Challenge? ;)

We have an annual tradition - we go out for hot wings and a deep dish pepperoni & jalapeno pizza and when we get home we finish off the meal with Pepperidge Farm cookies and milk for dessert. Obviously we have to fast the other 365 days to undo the damage.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson