English Premier League 2019-2020 Thread

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Figured since I like Brighton and they aren't popular enough to deserve their own thread, I'd just start a general EPL thread.

Brighton with a massive 3-0 away win at Watford yesterday.

Newcastle fan boycott in week one not a promising sign for Stout's favorite team.

Man City and Liverpool still looking like Man City and Liverpool. And Pulisic is about to make his Chelsea debut as I type this up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Arsenal won game 1, but I'm having a lot of trouble getting my interest up in this season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Figured since I like Brighton and they aren't popular enough to deserve their own thread, I'd just start a general EPL thread.

Brighton with a massive 3-0 away win at Watford yesterday.

Newcastle fan boycott in week one not a promising sign for Stout's favorite team.

Man City and Liverpool still looking like Man City and Liverpool. And Pulisic is about to make his Chelsea debut as I type this up.

What do you mean? Of COURSE BHA deserve their own thread! That was a massive win for you lot, with many tipping you for relegation. Man, Watford and West Ham spending all that money and still ***** lol

As for Newcastle...sigh. Steve Bruce already crapping the bed and proving how, despite improving the squad, he'll probably take us down. We had NO reserve central midfielders and brought in a left wing back/left back for Shelvey because...get this...we carried FOUR defenders. The excuse? Lascelles was a little ill and Dummett had a slight knock. Right, well, that would account for TWO defenders. Hey, Brucey...YOU CAN'T MAKE FOUR EFFING SUBS SO WHY CARRY FOUR DEFENDERS ON THE BENCH! Ouch.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you mean? Of COURSE BHA deserve their own thread! That was a massive win for you lot, with many tipping you for relegation. Man, Watford and West Ham spending all that money and still ***** lol

I second your own thread.

West Ham always get thrashed at home by City. That was to be expected.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
watching wolves and united now. 1-1 off a brilliant corner setup by wolves. love the passion in the molineux.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Chaplin, do you think arsenal have a chance against L'pool? I haven't seen Arsenal yet.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I haven't seen them either. In fact, I haven't seen Liverpool either so I don't know how good they are yet.
I saw Liverpool vs. Norwich (opening PL match). Norwich actually went after them playing out of the back and refused to play long or direct like some teams do when they fall behind or are overmatched. it was amazing to see their courage and in spite of the score they had some chances and just failed to take them. Liverpool easily scored with their opportunities.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Newcastle about to get thumped Sunday, for sure!
maybe so, who knows. If Newcastle can keep it close, in that stadium anything is possible. spurs have not been convincing, but this goes back to last season. they just can't keep the same grouping of players on the pitch together. and Eriksen looks like a guy who is plotting his future...basically avoids physical confrontation on the pitch in key moments. Then you have guys like Kane and Deli Ali who get hurt chasing balls that are out of play. Their best player (VAR) should be available sunday. haha only joking Son is their best player and he should be fit to make an appearance.

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
maybe so, who knows. If Newcastle can keep it close, in that stadium anything is possible. spurs have not been convincing, but this goes back to last season. they just can't keep the same grouping of players on the pitch together. and Eriksen looks like a guy who is plotting his future...basically avoids physical confrontation on the pitch in key moments. Then you have guys like Kane and Deli Ali who get hurt chasing balls that are out of play. Their best player (VAR) should be available sunday. haha only joking Son is their best player and he should be fit to make an appearance.

No, trust me, the Mags are an absolute mess right now, and Bruce is all over the damn place. He doesn't seem to have a clue as to what he's doing, and our big money CF signing is a big puss--he really chocked at Norwich, and played soft and weak and whined and lashed out. Not a good sign.

I mean, were this last year under Rafa, I wouldn't be confident of a result, but at least the GD wouldn't get messed up. Right now, under Bruce, with the team having no idea what their assignments are and not even trying on the field? I'm afraid of 5-0 or 6-0.

OP
OP
gmabel830

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Palace beats ManU for first time since 1991, in Manchester no less.

Eff Palace!!!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I thoroughly enjoyed the NLD last night. what a match. spurs and arsenal truly have a rivalry. love the passion.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprised at all when Norwich beat City over the weekend. After we played them and Pukki in the first match, I knew they would cause a lot of teams problems. Weird to say that we were lucky to get a 4-1 victory against them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Not surprised at all when Norwich beat City over the weekend. After we played them and Pukki in the first match, I knew they would cause a lot of teams problems. Weird to say that we were lucky to get a 4-1 victory against them.
Norwich even went after Liverpool in the opening match. they had multiple quality opportunities to score but just failed. Liverpool took every chance in that game. the pundits said Norwich were wrong to play their aggressive style, but I beg to differ. they are exciting.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Norwich even went after Liverpool in the opening match. they had multiple quality opportunities to score but just failed. Liverpool took every chance in that game. the pundits said Norwich were wrong to play their aggressive style, but I beg to differ. they are exciting.

Absolutely. I told Stout after that Norwich beat up Newcastle that Pukki would be near the top of the golden boot race and I'n sticking by it. That team is absolutely playing the right way. I watch them every chance I get. They will do even more damage to teams like Arsenal that are poor in defense as well.

Stout

Reaction score
Absolutely. I told Stout after that Norwich beat up Newcastle that Pukki would be near the top of the golden boot race and I'n sticking by it. That team is absolutely playing the right way. I watch them every chance I get. They will do even more damage to teams like Arsenal that are poor in defense as well.

I'm feeling a bit better about the Norwich loss now. I think they'll be this season's Wolves.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm gonna try and make it up to carrow road before I leave England. but it's hard to get tickets now haha.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Just saw a report that Man City has been banned from the Champions League for two years! WOW

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose