LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks for the music.
You will be missed.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
Wow.. That was quick.

He was hospitalized late last evening with pneumonia and died soon after.

Sad :(

RIP.

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.... I must express my deepest condolences...... His spirit/legacy will never cease......

He definitely earned his two titles as the "King of Soul" and the "Hardest Workingman in Show Business"..... True.. he might have lead a less to be desired personal life, but the essence of him of course is the impact he made on the music scene.. and how influential he was to so many that followed him.... There never had been someone who was the absolute "Show Man" before James Brown..and there definitely will never be anyone else like him.. regardless of how many followers there have been..... RIP.....

This is the James Brown we must always remember:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bs1HUbMCZKc

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[James Brown] Good God! [/James Brown]

RIP

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Brown as a musician was awesome. Saw him in concert just a couple of years ago. Great show.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
James Brown's 'Wife' Locked Out Of Estate

December 26, 2006

ATLANTA --
James Brown's lawyer said Tuesday that the late singer and his partner were not legally married and that she was locked out of his South Carolina home for estate legal reasons.

"It's not a reflection on her as an individual," lawyer Buddy Dallas told The Associated Press. "I have not even been in the house, nor will I until appropriate protocol is followed."

Brown's partner, backup singer Tomi Rae Hynie, was already married to a Texas man in 2001 when she married Brown, thus making her marriage to Brown null, Dallas said. He said Hynie later annulled the previous marriage, but she and Brown never remarried.

"I suppose it would mean she was, from time to time, a guest in Mr. Brown's home," Dallas said.

However, Hynie, 36, told The Associated Press on Tuesday that she had the documentation to prove her marriage to Brown was legal.

On Monday, after the 73-year-old "Godfather of Soul" died at an Atlanta hospital, Hynie, 36, found the gates to Brown's Beech Island, S.C., home padlocked and said she was denied access.

Hynie argued that she has a legal right to live in the home with the couple's 5-year-old son.

"This is my home," Hynie told a reporter outside the house. "I don't have any money. I don't have anywhere to go."

Dallas said legal formalities need to be followed now, adding that Brown's estate was left in trust for his children. He declined to elaborate on Brown's final instructions.

"It's not intended and I hope not interpreted to be an act of unkindness or an act of a lack of sympathy," Dallas said. "Ms. Hynie has a home a few blocks away from Mr. Brown's home where she resides periodically when she is not with Mr. Brown. She is not without housing or home."

Dallas said Brown and Hynie had not seen each other for several weeks before his death.

The couple had had a sometimes tumultuous relationship. Brown pleaded guilty in 2004 to a domestic violence charge stemming from an argument with Hynie and was let off with a $1,087 fine. He was accused of pushing Hynie to the floor at the home and threatening to kill her.

Brown, whose classic singles included "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" and "I Got You (I Feel Good)," died of heart failure less than two days after he had been hospitalized with pneumonia, his agent said. Funeral details had not been set Tuesday morning.

--------------------------------

You just had to expect some controversy...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So this actually happened. This is Tom Segura and Ryan Sickler acting it out. Two of my favorite comedians. Never gets old

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose