2020 All Star - Devin Booker

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dislike thread titles like this one although at least it's not as bad as the one that says "adios Booker". The last I heard, no decision has been announced for Lillard's replacement but it should come in the next 2 hours. There was a rumor/report a few weeks ago that Morant's camp was informed he would be the first replacement chosen if someone had to decline. Hopefully that's not true but we just don't know yet unless you're telling us you have inside information.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Ja was going to be the first alternate. I hope not, but that is what I am expecting.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I dislike thread titles like this one although at least it's not as bad as the one that says "adios Booker". The last I heard, no decision has been announced for Lillard's replacement but it should come in the next 2 hours. There was a rumor/report a few weeks ago that Morant's camp was informed he would be the first replacement chosen if someone had to decline. Hopefully that's not true but we just don't know yet unless you're telling us you have inside information.
How about now? :p

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The point already made by others is the thread was put up at 5 AM before the announcement was made.

There was no supporting documentation other than Lillard thought Booker was a worthy replacement on the All-Star Team.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Unfortunately, he is going to go to the team with Westbrook, Harden and Chris Paul. So it will be interesting to see how much he actually touches the ball.

I think it would be amazing if Lebron told the team to defer to Booker so that he can have a big F you to the league. LOL

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Much deserved. He shouldn't have been snubbed to begin with. The only way he stays on the court though with that team is if he gets hot and fast with his shooting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about now? :p

I guess I just miss the days when a misleading thread title would be quickly changed by a moderator. We still have the "adios Booker" thread intact which was even worse because it was started on the final day of the trade deadline so a lot of people probably thought it was an actual report. Now, of course, there's no reason for a thread title change.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fantastic! And kudos to Damien Lillard who pretty much forced the NBA to name Book.

Maybe but I suspect the comments from multiple players (and a coach or two) had a greater impact. Trae Young has spoken up about Booker not being on the team a couple of times now, and he did so more decisively IMO than Lillard. But whether it's Lillard or Young or whoever it's nice to know that the players realize who should be there.

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
I guess I just miss the days when a misleading thread title would be quickly changed by a moderator. We still have the "adios Booker" thread intact which was even worse because it was started on the final day of the trade deadline so a lot of people probably thought it was an actual report. Now, of course, there's no reason for a thread title change.

jeez guys take it easy. I live in Toronto woke up at 6 and saw Lillards tweet. I might have miscalculated but I knew for sure Booker was in. Glad he is in, also in the 3pt contest

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeez guys take it easy. I live in Toronto woke up at 6 and saw Lillards tweet. I might have miscalculated but I knew for sure Booker was in. Glad he is in, also in the 3pt contest

I understand but remember, not too many years ago Wade announced that Brandon Knight should take his place (the league didn't agree) plus there was the recent report that Ja Morant had been told he would be the alternate if a replacement was needed so Booker being in was not a sure thing. Anyway, my point is that we are better off if guesses or predictions aren't used as thread titles without qualification (Rumor: Booker in All Star game, for example). Some people just read the thread titles and go no further. And I apologize if it's come across like I'm trying to beat you up over this.

OP
OP
F

fatosber

Veteran
Reaction score
I understand but remember, not too many years ago Wade announced that Brandon Knight should take his place (the league didn't agree) plus there was the recent report that Ja Morant had been told he would be the alternate if a replacement was needed so Booker being in was not a sure thing. Anyway, my point is that we are better off if guesses or predictions aren't used as thread titles without qualification (Rumor: Booker in All Star game, for example). Some people just read the thread titles and go no further. And I apologize if it's come across like I'm trying to beat you up over this.

well said. all true. Apologies as well

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Hopefully this will recharge Book's motivational batteries a bit. You can tell the snub bothered him way more than his words led on. It shouldn't have come to him being an injury replacement but regardless, he is well deserving of the spot and it was awesome to hear Dame shout him out. Now let's get Lillard on the Suns. Haha!

Congrats Book!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Justice prevails for DBook and for Suns fans.

Hopefully, this will get all of us out of this (justified) funk.

Devin doesn't have to be the MVP in joining the best of the best.

Wouldn't it be great if it motivates the Suns powers-that-be to
make things happen in terms of a functional roster and truly
start on the road back?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave