WR Draft Prospects

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Jauan Jennings - Wow.

6-3 / 206

Dude reminds me of Michael Thomas mixed with a bit of Anquan Boldin. He led the nation last year in broken tackles. He is not a burner but is nice. Dude is super passionate (think Boldin) and got into a bit of trouble because of it but seems past that.

Anyone have experience/knowledge around this guy?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

“This might be a bit of a surprise, but when you flip on the tape, you’ll see a rare skillset that is unmatched in this class," PFF draft analyst Michael Renner writes. "There are not many 6-foot-3, 210-pound wideouts who are as shifty after the catch as Jennings is. He broke 30 tackles on 59 catches this past season.”

https://247sports.com/college/tenne...ennessee-Vols-reaction-142565586/#142565586_1

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do you guys always say every big muscled frame WR reminds you of Boldin? lol.

First prospect i compare to Boldin
Phisycal, not fast but shifty, he can play outside or inside, breaks lot of tackles

If u don't see some similarities , all is fine

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why do you guys always say every big muscled frame WR reminds you of Boldin? lol.

Dude is super passionate (think Boldin)

Did I say due to his size/frame?

Let me expand on that. He reminds me of Boldin because of his passion for competing on every play and how hard it is to tackle him (he acts like a man among boys).

Have you watched him play and do you have anything to add to the conversation about the player?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

lazy

same way every black QB is compared to all other black QB or why every white Basketball player is only compared to other white basketball players

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of the NFLN analysts said something to the affect that there were at least 20 WRs who graded out as 3rd round or higher (top 100) picks. A lot of them were 6-3 or taller.

Raises the question - Do we draft a WR superstar at #8 (if we rate him that high)? Or do we draft a highly rated player at another position and take our chance on getting our WR beast with a later pick (guessing #40, #72 or #104?)

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
lazy

same way every black QB is compared to all other black QB or why every white Basketball player is only compared to other white basketball players

Your comment is lazy. I doubt you read the intent of my comment or reviewed the data.

same way you are basing your opinion on what someone else typed without spending the time to research the OP.

Anything of quality to add to the thread or just a drive by?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of the NFLN analysts said something to the affect that there were at least 20 WRs who graded out as 3rd round or higher (top 100) picks. A lot of them were 6-3 or taller.

Raises the question - Do we draft a WR superstar at #8 (if we rate him that high)? Or do we draft a highly rated player at another position and take our chance on getting our WR beast with a later pick (guessing #40, #72 or #104?)
I think door #2. We need to fill a major deficiency with our first pick. It may not be as splashy but necessary. A great edge rusher, OT, ILB will pay dividends for years to come. We need a big strong wr. Somebody posted a story about Juaun James and you can add Mims, Pittman or Claypool to that list. Maybe Butler steps up but we don’t have a Samuels or A.J. Brown on this roster. We need a wr that can punish a DB once in a while.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Your comment is lazy. I doubt you read the intent of my comment or reviewed the data.

same way you are basing your opinion on what someone else typed without spending the time to research the OP.

Anything of quality to add to the thread or just a drive by?

na

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The worl

Surely drafting a 6'3" big bodied outside receiver in a lower round is just doubling up on Hakeen Butler?

Butler has had a year with the playbook and outside practice. Wouldn't he be a better option?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The worl

Surely drafting a 6'3" big bodied outside receiver in a lower round is just doubling up on Hakeen Butler?

Butler has had a year with the playbook and outside practice. Wouldn't he be a better option?
We don’t know yet?:shrug:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Funny how we all constantly see a physical WR and make the Boldin reference but I have yet to see another WR which even approaches his physicality... maybe we should stop using Q as a reference lol

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Exactly, we would know even less about Juaun Jennings, Chase Claypool or Duverne.
I’ve seen plenty of Duvernay since I’m a Horns fan. I can tell you now he’s very very good! In fact I think he’s got more potential & upside than Kirk. Maybe if Kirk was the featured WR for the Cards they could be on the same level, but I saw Duvernay dominate & take over games for the Horns this season. And teams knew they were throwing to him & that stands out in my mind. He’s a speed burner & a track guy whom actually excels a football!!!

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ve seen plenty of Duvernay since I’m a Horns fan. I can tell you now he’s very very good! In fact I think he’s got more potential & upside than Kirk. Maybe if Kirk was the featured WR for the Cards they could be on the same level, but I saw Duvernay dominate & take over games for the Horns this season. And teams knew they were throwing to him & that stands out in my mind. He’s a speed burner & a track guy whom actually excels a football!!!

I'm not saying he isn't buddy. He looks good.

Just that we have a tall, big bodied WR coming back from injury that is more likely to be the answer than drafting a rookie as Butler has had a year with the playbook and a year in the building.

Lets see what he can do and use the pick on another need.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Funny how we all constantly see a physical WR and make the Boldin reference but I have yet to see another WR which even approaches his physicality... maybe we should stop using Q as a reference lol

Not only physicality but his best trait was catching balls in traffic. He was an unbelievable hands catcher.

Key example at 1:20 —

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leaving the draft without Denzel Mims or Quartney Davis will be really depressing.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying he isn't buddy. He looks good.

Just that we have a tall, big bodied WR coming back from injury that is more likely to be the answer than drafting a rookie as Butler has had a year with the playbook and a year in the building.

Lets see what he can do and use the pick on another need.
Remember we are not just thinking about 2020. If we were to grab Claypool or James and Butler blossoms it would be great depth and we could dictate matchups with two big receivers especially in the red zone. Larry is our biggest receiver and may not be here in 2021 or What if he’s injured?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not only physicality but his best trait was catching balls in traffic. He was an unbelievable hands catcher.

Key example at 1:20 —
That was so awesome seeing the playmakers from that team coming up big.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Remember we are not just thinking about 2020. If we were to grab Claypool or James and Butler blossoms it would be great depth and we could dictate matchups with two big receivers especially in the red zone. Larry is our biggest receiver and may not be here in 2021 or What if he’s injured?

All true, but I don't think a round 3 guy like those mentioned is the answer to that question. We would more than likely just get a guy that's similar to what we have.

Unfortunately if they want a future WR1 they likely have to use the #8 or possibly the #40 if someone drops.