2020 All Star Watch

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If he doesn't, that might be the last straw for him in terms of patience with this franchise...

Not based on his last interview. He said it would be nice but he cares more about making the playoffs. Plus word is he is really excited about Larry owning a part of the franchise and thinks Larry can influence things with Sarver more now that he owns part of the team.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Not based on his last interview. He said it would be nice but he cares more about making the playoffs. Plus word is he is really excited about Larry owning a part of the franchise and thinks Larry can influence things with Sarver more now that he owns part of the team.

I really, really hope you're right. This franchise and its fans really need some semblance of hope...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score

This is not only a good move. It is absolutely essential for any hope the Suns have of breaking the drought.

Even if Fitz bought $10 worth, he is now a "part owner" and probably the only human being in the world
whom Sarver might listen to.

The importance of it cannot be overstated. Fingers crossed!

There is hope on the horizon. :)

I hope Book, Ayton and Oubre realize that.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is not only a good move. It is absolutely essential for any hope the Suns have of breaking the drought.

Even if Fitz bought $10 worth, he is now a "part owner" and probably the only human being in the world

Unless, of course, Fitz ends up being just another yes-man for Sarver the way James Jones is. Word has it Fitz and Sarver are friends...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I am looking for the best outcome. Because they are friends.

If it works, great! If it is the same old-same old, we're no
worse than we were a week ago.

Believe it or not from my posts about Sarver's Folly, I have
always looked on the bright side of things.

But I will never lie to myself.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It’s funny that everyone thinks that Larry would be good as an owner or somehow give Sarver good advice. He is a great guy and a great football player but he could easily be an absolute flop as an owner.

And remember BC, he is a football player. He is about as qualified to be a basketball owner as Sarver was. He is inexperienced.

I am not saying this is bad though. Fitz’s value will be as an example to players regarding how to be a professional athlete.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It’s funny that everyone thinks that Larry would be good as an owner or somehow give Sarver good advice. He is a great guy and a great football player but he could easily be an absolute flop as an owner.

And remember BC, he is a football player. He is about as qualified to be a basketball owner as Sarver was. He is inexperienced.

I am not saying this is bad though. Fitz’s value will be as an example to players regarding how to be a professional athlete.

JC, saying that Fitz "could easily be an absolute flop as an owner" isn't going to change anything.

Sarver IS an absolute flop as an owner!

As we on ASFN, Fitz is obviously a fan, plus with insight into what goes on behind the scenes.

Versus another decade of the status quo, and ultimately losing good players, I say the Suns
have nothing to lose by hoping that Fitz can sway Sarver's approach. What do we have to lose?

I don't agree with poo-pooing a possible positive before it even begins. I don't think it's "funny".

We have different opinions about this. I am hoping that it brings about change. We sure need
change. Would I bet the ranch that Fitz will bring about that change? No! Am I hoping it will?
Absolutely! What do the Suns have to lose?

Anything that could keep Devin Booker from reaching the breaking point, and its subsequent
domino effect, is becoming essential. Lack of action is not the answer.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
JC, saying that Fitz "could easily be an absolute flop as an owner" isn't going to change anything.

Sarver IS an absolute flop as an owner!

As we on ASFN, Fitz is obviously a fan, plus with insight into what goes on behind the scenes.

Versus another decade of the status quo, and ultimately losing good players, I say the Suns
have nothing to lose by hoping that Fitz can sway Sarver's approach. What do we have to lose?

I don't agree with poo-pooing a possible positive before it even begins. I don't think it's "funny".

We have different opinions about this. I am hoping that it brings about change. We sure need
change. Would I bet the ranch that Fitz will bring about that change? No! Am I hoping it will?
Absolutely! What do the Suns have to lose?

Anything that could keep Devin Booker from reaching the breaking point, and its subsequent
domino effect, is becoming essential. Lack of action is not the answer.
It is funny thought that you, who always want "experience" and complain about Sarver as being "inexperienced" even though he is more than a decade into being an NBA owner think that Larry Fitzgerald--who is a sports ownership virgin--is the answer.

I think its great that Larry is on board. It is good pub and it is good for player relations. But if you were consistent, you would be criticizing this.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If DA had not been suspended and had similar numbers that he has had so far this season, he would have to be in the discussion for the all-star game.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If DA had not been suspended and had similar numbers that he has had so far this season, he would have to be in the discussion for the all-star game.
We would also likely be manning a playoff spot as well. Which would help even more.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
It is funny thought that you, who always want "experience" and complain about Sarver as being "inexperienced" even though he is more than a decade into being an NBA owner think that Larry Fitzgerald--who is a sports ownership virgin--is the answer.

I think its great that Larry is on board. It is good pub and it is good for player relations. But if you were consistent, you would be criticizing this.

Ten plus years as an owner, yeah. A smothering owner.

If Fitz can convince Sarver to hire good people and let them do their job (because they evidently
have a trusting relationship), we'd have hope for gain. If not, nothing lost. Why are you suggesting
that I criticize it?

Why do you extinguish any hope for gain with generalizations against other posters, as though we
are the cause of the Suns dilemma?

Fitz is not a basketball expert. But then, he is not joiining us as General Manager or Head Coach.

He is a very small investor who has Sarver's ear. No one else has been able to. Not the Commissioner.
Not Jerry. Not the media. Certainly not the fans. Obviously!

You're not going to extinguish my glimmer of hope. :thumbup::thumbup:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want Monty to do this when Devin Booker is named an All-Star reserve.

Gina Mizell‏Verified account @ginamizell

Monty Williams on the hope that Devin Booker is named an All-Star reserve tonight: "I’m just wanting to get that call that he made it, so I can just run around my house and act like an idiot. But that’s a daily occurrence, so it won’t be anything different for my family." #Suns

1:30 PM - 30 Jan 2020

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Booker. What can I say. This really smells.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Vigil‏ @protectedpick

See the thing is - Devin Booker is a better player than Donovan Mitchell or Brandon Ingram. That’s really all that matters. There’s no traditional box score metric that favors them, advanced stats favor Booker. It’s not an argument.

3:38 PM - 30 Jan 2020

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Expect Booker to ask for a trade in the offseason. This is likely the last straw for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson