OT Kansas and Kansas St brawl

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, that was one of the ugliest scenes I've seen on a college basketball court.

Kansas is going to have a couple players looking at loooooooong suspensions. It also looked like both teams had players leave the bench, I am pretty sure everyone on Kansas St left their bench.

Whoever was getting ready to swing a chair for Kansas, that dude will probably be suspended for the rest of the year.

And whoever that was in street clothes for K State, that dude should also be expecting a long ban. I never did hear who that was, makes me wonder if he is on a red shirt, if he is I've got no clue how a red shirt guy would serve a suspension.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

This brawl was about as bad as the KU-K-State brawl. These were the punishments levied.

I bet De Sousa gets a lot more for the chair though.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, that was one of the ugliest scenes I've seen on a college basketball court.

Kansas is going to have a couple players looking at loooooooong suspensions. It also looked like both teams had players leave the bench, I am pretty sure everyone on Kansas St left their bench.

Whoever was getting ready to swing a chair for Kansas, that dude will probably be suspended for the rest of the year.

And whoever that was in street clothes for K State, that dude should also be expecting a long ban. I never did hear who that was, makes me wonder if he is on a red shirt, if he is I've got no clue how a red shirt guy would serve a suspension.

The guy holding the stool was DeSousa, he should be out for a long time. He didn't hit anybody or throw it but that was scary and he basically started the fight by staring down the KSU player after the block.

No idea why the guy stole the ball but that response was WAY over the top

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DeSousa needs to be suspended for a while

KU suspended him indefinitely and I get the impression that doesn't mean until they lose a game it means for awhile.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
KU suspended him indefinitely and I get the impression that doesn't mean until they lose a game it means for awhile.

He’s averaging like 3ppg. If it were 13, it’d be like half a game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He’s averaging like 3ppg. If it were 13, it’d be like half a game.

Oh I agree I just think Self is in a situation where he can't do the normal rule coaches do where they lose a game and reinstate the kid. He's not a great player to begin with but given his history and the shots of him holding the stool WWE style(admittedly he didn't try to hit anybody) Self really has no choice here but to suspend the kid.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I just don’t care that much about College basketball anymore. Amazing that the NCAA, FBI, and ESPN ruined the one sport that had a perfect playoff system. The NCAA tournament isn’t even that much fun anymore.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose