Spurs @ Suns Monday game thread 1-20-20

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
he totally should be and now he's going to kill himself! I think you should reach out to him on twitter and see if he needs to be consoled tonight because he's clearly going to end his life tonight.

LOL! Saric played a whopping 20 mins. Bridges played 32 mins and was on the court virtually the entire 4th quarter... and now we’ll never see him again because he’s about to hang himself...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
because we have like 7 players and they can’t play all 48 minutes.

At this point, I would rather see what Tariq Owens can do at the position than endure another minute of Saric in a Suns uniform.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Forbes 1st half shooting and Booker's careless handling of the ball really put the Suns behind the 8-Ball. Book did respond in the
2nd half and gave the Suns a chance to make that 4th quarter run. I don't see Saric as a clear cut reason why the Suns lost.
His stat line is basically inconsequential imo.

Other than the -22 in 20 minutes with no other player on the team anywhere near as bad. Having Saric on the court is like playing 4 on 5, especially on defense.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Couple things:

This team is not good enough to only show up for like 15 minutes a game.

I love Bridges, but he isn’t an offensive threat. Last game was great, but that’s gonna be an outlier for him. Situational defender. Should expect more from a Top-10 pick.

No depth anywhere. Again, there are only three really good-to-great players on this team (Booker, Ayton and Oubre) one solid guy (Rubio) and a bunch of misfit toys. This team needs a veteran scorer on the bench.

I think Ayton has proven enough in the past four games that he’s going to be an extremely good player in this league. Since returning from the ankle, he’s checked almost every box off that his doubters created: improved significantly on defense, getting to the line consistently, far more aggressive, and playing with a purpose. This is all while not shooting threes yet.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's 3 great games in a row for Ayton at least. Showed some great defense in the fourth. Really happy with what I'm seeing.

Was a disappointing loss, but that comeback should convince this team they are never out of it.

will be interesting to see how they play against Indy.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
At this point, I would rather see what Tariq Owens can do at the position than endure another minute of Saric in a Suns uniform.

Have you watched Owens? Obviously not, he makes marquis Chris look polished.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Cam was out with an injury, but yeah, Ty Jerome should be getting run.
Cam just needs more strength. He gets stronger he won't get backed down as much on D, and his three point shot gets better! I think he's going to at least be a solid bench guy at a minimum, maybe sharp shooting sixth man.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Cam just needs more strength. He gets stronger he wonl't get backed down as much on D, and his three point shot gets better! I think he's going to at least be a solid bench guy at a minimum, maybe sharp shooting sixt man.
Dude was in college for 5 years. There's obviously some room to grow but we are probably fairly close to his ceiling.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Suns can't allow a team to shoot 17-31 from 3 point range (54.8%) and expect to win.

yeah well nobody could have guarded Forbes in the first half.

sometimes a dude gets so hot their is nothing you can do.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Couple things:

This team is not good enough to only show up for like 15 minutes a game.

I love Bridges, but he isn’t an offensive threat. Last game was great, but that’s gonna be an outlier for him. Situational defender. Should expect more from a Top-10 pick.

No depth anywhere. Again, there are only three really good-to-great players on this team (Booker, Ayton and Oubre) one solid guy (Rubio) and a bunch of misfit toys. This team needs a veteran scorer on the bench.

I think Ayton has proven enough in the past four games that he’s going to be an extremely good player in this league. Since returning from the ankle, he’s checked almost every box off that his doubters created: improved significantly on defense, getting to the line consistently, far more aggressive, and playing with a purpose. This is all while not shooting threes yet.

And last year's team had the same three really good-to-great players, one solid guy in T.J. Warren instead of Rubio, and a bunch of misfit toys. And people really think James Jones has done a good job rebuilding this roster???

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cam just needs more strength. He gets stronger he won't get backed down as much on D, and his three point shot gets better! I think he's going to at least be a solid bench guy at a minimum, maybe sharp shooting sixth man.

Great...just the ceiling we want with the #6 pick in the draft after enduring our worst season since the expansion season...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah well nobody could have guarded Forbes in the first half.

sometimes a dude gets so hot their is nothing you can do.

It seems to happen to the Suns far more often than it should.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Apparently Monty made the call to go for the win on that last play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Like many, I had problems with the Cam Johnson pick. The chronic hip injury bothered me, but what pisses me off is that his ceiling is limited and it was completely obvious on draft night. A lottery pick should at least have some potential to be an above average starter, not a sharp-shooting sixth man. I’d be elated if he were a Dennis Scott type of player right now, but James Jones has to take chances if we’re to be a legit playoff contender.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose