49 best FA PFF

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know we have a bad habit of overvaluing our own players so here is their list published today.

1. Amari Cooper WR
2. Chris Jones DL
3. Anthony Harris S
4. Byron Jones CB
5. Chris Harris Jr CB
6. AJ Green WR
7. Jadeveon Clowney Edge
8. Hunter Henry TE
9. Cory Littleton LB
10. Anthony Castonzo T
11. Robby Anderson WR
12. Justin Simmons S
13. Jack Conklin T
14. Brandon Scherff G
15. Devin McCourty S
16. Joe Thuney G
17. Shaquil Barrett Edge
18. Yannik NGakoue Edge
19. Emmanuel Sanders WR
20. Arik Armstead DL/Edge
21. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S
22. Eric Ebron TE
23. Tre Boston S
24. DJ Reader DL
25. Javon Hargrave DL
26. Leonard Williams DL
27. Troy Hill CB
28. Derrick Henry RB
29. Writer skipped this number for some reason
30. Austin Hooper TE
31. Breshad Perriman WR
32. Melvin Gordon RB
33. Kyle Van Noy Edge/LB
34. Joe Schobert LB
35. Michael Pierce DL
36. Logan Ryan CB
37. Mike Daniels DL
38. Trae Wayans CB
39. Andrew Whitworth T
40. Brian Pool CB
41. Jason Peters LT
42. Shelby Harris DL
43. Jamie Collins LB
44. Karl Joseph S
45. DJ Humphries T
46. Robert Quinn Edge
47. Kendall Fuller CB
48. Larry Fitzgerald WR
49. Jarran Reed LB
50. Blake Martinez LB

So Drake doesn't even make the list.

There is no way that Humphries should be paid more than Castonzo

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
45. T D.J. Humphries
Humphries battled injuries early in his career, only flashing the ability that made him a 2015 first-rounder, but he is coming off his best effort as a pass blocker. He gave up only 30 pressures on 677 attempts in 2019, just two more pressures than he allowed in 2018 on 335 fewer opportunities. It was Humphries' first season grading below 72.0 in the run game, but he could be the classic “late bloomer” along the offensive line as he heads into his age-26 season.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
45. T D.J. Humphries
Humphries battled injuries early in his career, only flashing the ability that made him a 2015 first-rounder, but he is coming off his best effort as a pass blocker. He gave up only 30 pressures on 677 attempts in 2019, just two more pressures than he allowed in 2018 on 335 fewer opportunities. It was Humphries' first season grading below 72.0 in the run game, but he could be the classic “late bloomer” along the offensive line as he heads into his age-26 season.

I believe that much of the progress DJ made has to be credited to Kugler. Being only 26, I think that he may be too young to let escape. I'm sure that Sean will advise Keim as to what potential he thinks DJ has. If Kugler thinks that DJ has just begun to scrape the surface, then you absolutely tag him or extend him. The kid was a raw 1st round pick who finally has a real OL coach teaching him. Keim needs to lean on Kugler for advice on this one.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know we have a bad habit of overvaluing our own players so here is their list published today.

1. Amari Cooper WR
2. Chris Jones DL
3. Anthony Harris S
4. Byron Jones CB
5. Chris Harris Jr CB
6. AJ Green WR
7. Jadeveon Clowney Edge
8. Hunter Henry TE
9. Cory Littleton LB
10. Anthony Castonzo T
11. Robby Anderson WR
12. Justin Simmons S
13. Jack Conklin T
14. Brandon Scherff G
15. Devin McCourty S
16. Joe Thuney G
17. Shaquil Barrett Edge
18. Yannik NGakoue Edge
19. Emmanuel Sanders WR
20. Arik Armstead DL/Edge
21. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix S
22. Eric Ebron TE
23. Tre Boston S
24. DJ Reader DL
25. Javon Hargrave DL
26. Leonard Williams DL
27. Troy Hill CB
28. Derrick Henry RB
29. Writer skipped this number for some reason
30. Austin Hooper TE
31. Breshad Perriman WR
32. Melvin Gordon RB
33. Kyle Van Noy Edge/LB
34. Joe Schobert LB
35. Michael Pierce DL
36. Logan Ryan CB
37. Mike Daniels DL
38. Trae Wayans CB
39. Andrew Whitworth T
40. Brian Pool CB
41. Jason Peters LT
42. Shelby Harris DL
43. Jamie Collins LB
44. Karl Joseph S
45. DJ Humphries T
46. Robert Quinn Edge
47. Kendall Fuller CB
48. Larry Fitzgerald WR
49. Jarran Reed LB
50. Blake Martinez LB

So Drake doesn't even make the list.

There is no way that Humphries should be paid more than Castonzo

When you want to sign your 26 year old LT to a $14m extension and he is ranked lower than 37 year Jason Peters and 37 year old Andrew Whitworth in best free agents available....

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
When you want to sign your 26 year old LT to a $14m extension and he is ranked lower than 37 year Jason Peters and 37 year old Andrew Whitworth in best free agents available....

I understand your reasoning, but his young age may be exactly why he's ranked lower. He was raw coming out of college & until this season, our OL coaching sucked a$$. Under Kugler, what will he be at 27 or 28? Maybe we've only seen the tip of the iceberg? Let Kugler advise Keim on this. After the progress our OL made with below average talent, Kugler has earned the right to do just that.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It's really easy to say let Kugler advise Keim...but what evidence do we have that will actually happen? Keim "knows offensive lineman" and will decide what to do on his own. My bet is he will sign DJ to a very overpriced contract, simply because it avoids change and "locks up" a position for the next few years. The problem is, it will limit what we can do elsewhere and if DJ either doesn't improve or gets injured, we will be paying top 5 LT money for a bottom 5 LT....not the way you want to run a team.

If Kugler comes out and says..."DJ is the guy, he is the best option at LT, and I think he is going to keep getting better and better"...then sign him tomorrow! If Keim says it...I do not have nearly the same confidence.

Costanzo is 31. If we are going to give someone a 4 year/60 million dollar deal...I would rather give it to him! He is already much better than DJ, and even if he regresses by age 34-35, he will probably still be better than DJ

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is DJ a top 5 LT, no. Is he top 10? Debatable.

Throw in the fact that if you let him go, you will have to spend another high draft pick to replace him or spend just as much on a different tackle to replace. Why do that? Why change the continuity we started to build with the second half of the season?

I truly don't understand why trading one good LT for another (FA) or drafting a tackle high in the draft to replace DJ is a thought process we should be having with so many holes in our team. If we let him go without any compensation....

At least I understand why people don't think it is right to pay Fitz the money he makes. This one truly makes no sense. DJ allowed what, 1 sack all year?

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's really easy to say let Kugler advise Keim...but what evidence do we have that will actually happen? Keim "knows offensive lineman" and will decide what to do on his own. My bet is he will sign DJ to a very overpriced contract, simply because it avoids change and "locks up" a position for the next few years. The problem is, it will limit what we can do elsewhere and if DJ either doesn't improve or gets injured, we will be paying top 5 LT money for a bottom 5 LT....not the way you want to run a team.

If Kugler comes out and says..."DJ is the guy, he is the best option at LT, and I think he is going to keep getting better and better"...then sign him tomorrow! If Keim says it...I do not have nearly the same confidence.

Costanzo is 31. If we are going to give someone a 4 year/60 million dollar deal...I would rather give it to him! He is already much better than DJ, and even if he regresses by age 34-35, he will probably still be better than DJ

You have no idea how Keim would handle this internally. None! Over many years, I've worked at various Management levels. If I had an Assistant that proved their worth, I absolutely weighed their advice heavily. I seriously doubt that Keim won't do the same. If Kugler/Keim think that DJ is the guy, then I agree with you & we should extend him. As far as Costanzo is concerned, I'm ok with anyone who's last name ends in a vowel.:D

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You have no idea how Keim would handle this internally. None! Over many years, I've worked at various Management levels. If I had an Assistant that proved their worth, I absolutely weighed their advice heavily. I seriously doubt that Keim won't do the same. If Kugler/Keim think that DJ is the guy, then I agree with you & we should extend him. As far as Costanzo is concerned, I'm ok with anyone who's last name ends in a vowel.:D

Im basing it off the fact that Keim has said numerous times that O-Line is his specialty, even though he doesn't have a great track record in bringing in lineman.

We have a GM on the hot seat, and one of the most respected O-Line coaches in the NFL. If Kugler says DJ is the guy, I go with it...Keim's opinion means little to me at this point.

If your Keim, and Kugler gives DJ his endorsement, why not do it publicly and let that info get to the media? It takes the pressure off you, as you can simply say Kugler wanted DJ, gave him his full support, and so I made it happen with a new contract. I'm not saying it won't happen, but it would sure make me feel better. Even if it's just optics, I would sure love to hear Kugler's opinions on who to bring back and who to sign. If he told me Toth could be as good or better as a LT next year, I would let DJ walk and roll with it...just saying.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yeah but he has upside. they dont.

He's been in the league 5 years. You would think he would have dusted his upside off by now and brought it out to show us. The year he played a full season, and a contract year, his is worst graded season in the league per PFF. That's when he's supposed to show his upside.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The year he played a full season, and a contract year, his is worst graded season in the league per PFF. That's when he's supposed to show his upside.

yes, but...

OTs can be slow to develop. Eric Fischer, Jake Matthews are two where over five years they went from "draft bust" to "ok" to "pretty good".

while I like PFF, its not foolproof -- and Humphries being worse this year vs prior doesn't pass the eye test.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The most important asset for us is #1. Keeping him upright and healthy is the only thing that should matter. I believe a guy who allowed just 2 sacks on the season is worth keeping. I believe we should tag him to prove what all of us want him to prove and that’s to stay healthy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who are you signing to play left tackle ? D'Anthony Batiste? Bradley Sowell?

I'm drafting a tackle at #8 primarily or/and picking up Cordy Glenn, Riley Reiff, Russell Okung or any of the other LT's that are likely to be draft or cap casualties if needs be.

All of which are preferable to paying an average LT $14m+ a year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's been in the league 5 years. You would think he would have dusted his upside off by now and brought it out to show us. The year he played a full season, and a contract year, his is worst graded season in the league per PFF. That's when he's supposed to show his upside.

He was fine this year. You could win with that.

hes 26 and could play ten more years and keep getting better.

He is coming into prime years as an athlete.

The other guys are retiring in the next year or two.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You are kidding right. 1 sack all year. ONE. That is showing something.