Laviska Shenault, Jr.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But it does matter as a WR who can extend his hands and make catches compared to one that may struggle with it gives the one who can make those catches a greater catch radius. I also think you are incorrect about Edelman, go watch some of his highlights and he shows good hands.

Edelman does have good hands, but he catches most of his balls thrown at him with his body.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but if you catch it with your hands, you can gain at least a half step on the defender. Also a WR needs to catch with their hands in order to snag the ball out of the air.

Valid point. Not enough to see a 2nd round pick on the bench when he is capable of making big plays.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Laviska Shenault’s status will partly depend on how his medical looks. He missed 2 games this year and 3 games last year due to injuries. A core muscle injury was suffered this year. Last year he had a torn labrum. The labrum is especially concerning because like hamstring injuries, these tend to reoccur. Last season he also suffered toe injuries that impaired his performance. That injury required offseason surgery. I don’t believe players are injury prone but unquestionably some have sturdier bodies than others

Seems like offensive skills players that get hurt a lot in college will be injured even more when grown men are hammering them in the NFL.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laviska Shenault’s status will partly depend on how his medical looks. He missed 2 games this year and 3 games last year due to injuries. A core muscle injury was suffered this year. Last year he had a torn labrum. The labrum is especially concerning because like hamstring injuries, these tend to reoccur. Last season he also suffered toe injuries that impaired his performance. That injury required offseason surgery. I don’t believe players are injury prone but unquestionably some have sturdier bodies than others

Injury prone? Keim's second round pick for sure

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Valid point. Not enough to see a 2nd round pick on the bench when he is capable of making big plays.
I assume you are talking about Isabella here. At this point Isabella is a specialty receiver. One you use to stretch the field and hope to hit a home run or two. He hasn't proven yet to be even a #3 receiver yet. Hopefully that will change or this was another wasted Keim pick or in this case a KK pick who was slobbering over the pick at the time it was made.

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about Isabella here. At this point Isabella is a specialty receiver. One you use to stretch the field and hope to hit a home run or two. He hasn't proven yet to be even a #3 receiver yet. Hopefully that will change or this was another wasted Keim pick or in this case a KK pick who was slobbering over the pick at the time it was made.

Agreed! However I noticed on numerous occasions, Kyler with time and Isabella running absolutely free up the sideline or down the seam and they would inexplicably check down. We left a TON of yards out there this year and something tells me KK did that by design. I also didn’t see as many drags / shallow crosses as the Air Raid was supposed to portend. There seemed to be far more screens and comebacks, than what I was hoping for. Need to hit receivers like Isabella, Kirk, Byrd, Cooper while on the move if you want massive RAC.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Isabella isn't anything at this point, as he hasn't been on the field enough.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Etienne at 8? I'd be surprised if he goes 1st or 2nd round. Yes he's fast, but he is very slight.

Shenault has had way too many nagging injuries for me to be comfortable with him in the 1st.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Etienne at 8? I'd be surprised if he goes 1st or 2nd round. Yes he's fast, but he is very slight.

Shenault has had way too many nagging injuries for me to be comfortable with him in the 1st.

Yeah no chance. Not sure he’ll even test that great considering his odd strides.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Had a chance to see Dobbins and Etienne here in the Fiesta Bowl. Both guys looked legit, like hard to tackle burners. They'll be contributors in the NFL, but neither one is a bellcow back. To spend a first rounder on a running back any more, they have to be a no doubt focal point of the offense like Saquon or Zeke. I don't see either of these guys in that mold.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, just giving my opinion on the need to catch the ball with your hands. I never really understood the reason for having him on the sidelines all the time. With his speed, there had to have been certain routes & plays to call to maximize it. Maybe Byrd & Cooper were better options on most plays? I dunno, the coaching staff sees him in practice so there's a reason hidden somewhere one would think? If he sits the bench next season...............? Wasted pick. I'm hoping for big things from him & Butler.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I totally agree with you, just giving my opinion on the need to catch the ball with your hands. I never really understood the reason for having him on the sidelines all the time. With his speed, there had to have been certain routes & plays to call to maximize it. Maybe Byrd & Cooper were better options on most plays? I dunno, the coaching staff sees him in practice so there's a reason hidden somewhere one would think? If he sits the bench next season...............? Wasted pick. I'm hoping for big things from him & Butler.
We weren’t going to take Kirk off the field to give AI playing time. Then we went away from the 4 and 5 receiver personnel. Whether you have a 1 st round pick or a 6 th round pick, if the coaching staff don’t feel that player is ready then he doesn’t play. This should not automatically write him off as a mistake. Concerning? Yes. But KK has 6 months to figure it out.

I love the kid and hopes he makes it but if it’s the same next year I’d cut him in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We weren’t going to take Kirk off the field to give AI playing time. Then we went away from the 4 and 5 receiver personnel. Whether you have a 1 st round pick or a 6 th round pick, if the coaching staff don’t feel that player is ready then he doesn’t play. This should not automatically write him off as a mistake. Concerning? Yes. But KK has 6 months to figure it out.

I love the kid and hopes he makes it but if it’s the same next year I’d cut him in a heartbeat.

It says just as much about KK and Keim that he isn't playing because he isn't ready. Why are you drafting a WR in the second round if he isn't ready to play?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Why are you drafting a WR in the second round if he isn't ready to play?

Might be wishful thinking but for the same reason you draft a QB in rd 1 and let them sit/learn? Heard on this board that we supposedly did that with DJ Humphries as well.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mitch has a good segment on Colorado’s WR Laviska Shenault, Jr. Looks like a fast version of Anquan Bolden. 6'2" 225 lb badass. I know everyone like to talk about Lamb and Jeudy but this guy is the real deal. Would not shock me to see him go before lamb because he has the body to take much more of a pounding.

https://www.revengeofthebirds.com/

Yeah I really like this guy. I think he is going to be a star - but I don't think he is going to go higher than Lamb or Jeudy.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Etiene at anywhere near 8 won’t happen. Likely goes in the bottom third of round one. Shenault likely goes a little earlier unless he lights up the Combine.

I really think there's a chance only 1 RB goes in round 1 and that might be Miami at 26.

Because to sell you need buyers, and who is looking for a RB1 outside the Fins?

Maybe the Texans but they traded a 3rd for Duke Johnson not long ago. There are some teams that might take a flier. The Skins for example, but obvs not round 1.

I think there are going to be some top RBs falling into the 3rd this year.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kansas City?

That offense would be at another level with a top flight RB.

I don't think so. I considered them but they seem to be a RB by committee team. Darrell Williams have 7 TD's in 3 playoff games. I think McCoy hangs around. They drafted Darwin Thompson last year as a change of pace back.

It's possibly they take one by I'm not convinced it's with a high pick. I'd say CB and LB are much bigger needs for them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave