Peralta Extended

OP
OP
1Sun

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Is he a better 1B than Walker, Pavin Smith and CJ Cron?

Also looked closer at Beer's numbers. Since coming to the Diamondbacks system, he slashed an atrocious .205/.297/.318 line (.615 OPS) in 101 plate appearances for AA Jackson. While the Arizona Fall League numbers are encouraging, his numbers last year in the Diamondbacks system would suggest he has no future here.

By comparison, Pavin Smith had a poor 2018 Arizona Fall League (.250/.329/.265/.594), but his 2019 numbers at AA Jackson were far superior (.291/.370/.466/.835).

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Meh. Nothing special. Not a Peralta fan and I suspect this will be born out as Peralta's numbers will be sliding and his injuries will mount.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Meh. Nothing special. Not a Peralta fan and I suspect this will be born out as Peralta's numbers will be sliding and his injuries will mount.
Possible, but he is the reigning face of the D-backs. And, despite the numbers you predict, he has been a clutch hitter. More than Walker. More than Lamb.

There is more to baseball than stats. Marte and Escobar now lead the offense. It will be good to see The Freight Train back in LF. If you disagree, so be it.

BTW, why do you say you are not a Peralta fan? 'Just curious.

OP
OP
1Sun

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Possible, but he is the reigning face of the D-backs. And, despite the numbers you predict, he has been a clutch hitter. More than Walker. More than Lamb.

There is more to baseball than stats. Marte and Escobar now lead the offense. It will be good to see The Freight Train back in LF. If you disagree, so be it.

BTW, why do you say you are not a Peralta fan? 'Just curious.

How is Lamb even still on the roster?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
How is Lamb even still on the roster?
I don't usually like sarcasm. But I can't resist it this time.

Could it be because Lamb now plays two positions (poorly instead of just one) which plays into
Torey's obsession of seeing how many double- and triple-switches he can make each game?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose