Derrick Hall: “We are not spending the 30 million on one player”

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Hazen has a plan and he will not be deterred... Blowing $30 Million on a player did nothing for us in the past (see Greinke). This team still has way too many gaps. I personally feel comfy knowing that Hazen has some dough to play with.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hazen has a plan and he will not be deterred... Blowing $30 Million on a player did nothing for us in the past (see Greinke). This team still has way too many gaps. I personally feel comfy knowing that Hazen has some dough to play with.

Just please no more of the likes of Souza, Avila, Kelly, Swihart, Dyson, Vargas, Leyba, Andriese, etc.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Just please no more of the likes of Souza, Avila, Kelly, Swihart, Dyson, Vargas, Leyba, Andriese, etc.

I think it's safe to say that Hazen has more than acquitted himself quite nicely, proving his player assessment and team-building skills. Factoring in the limitations he's had to work with (Money and a fully depleted farm system), he's done an amazing job.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say that Hazen has more than acquitted himself quite nicely, proving his player assessment and team-building skills. Factoring in the limitations he's had to work with (Money and a fully depleted farm system), he's done an amazing job.

I'm not saying he hasn't. Just saying that when price has been a bigger factor, he has made his fair share of mistakes where no move at all would have been better.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not saying he hasn't. Just saying that when price has been a bigger factor, he has made his fair share of mistakes where no move at all would have been better.
Please provide examples

DumboD

Rookie
Reaction score
Of the above mentioned players, I'd say Andriese, Dyson, and Merrill Kelly have all made positive contributions to the D-backs for the right price.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave