One of the Better Draft Analysts

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Dane Brugler, The Athletic, has Tua 4th despite the injury. Kiper has him up there too. Herbert might be there at our spot. To get the trade option we likely have to rise to #5. If Tua was there at 5; bonanza. Brugler has the Cards taking OT, Wirfs, at 7. I still prefer Lamb, which would likely be a trade and assume Keim accomplished something in FA.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dane Brugler, The Athletic, has Tua 4th despite the injury. Kiper has him up there too. Herbert might be there at our spot. To get the trade option we likely have to rise to #5. If Tua was there at 5; bonanza. Brugler has the Cards taking OT, Wirfs, at 7. I still prefer Lamb, which would likely be a trade and assume Keim accomplished something in FA.
Tua said either today or yesterday, that he doesn't know if he'll ever be the same. Went on to say that he now has metal in his hip (I assume it will never come out?) & he can't rotate it like he could before. Made it sound as if he knows the deficiency is a permanent one? Not his exact words but similar in nature. Makes me wonder how much this will change his draft stock? Imo, he should go back to Alabama for his senior yr, prove he can still play, then let the chips fall as they may. There's only 1 QB that I know of right now that would be ahead of him in the 2021 draft. Trevor Lawrence. WR would be nice with our first pick but I want a defensive difference maker, imo that's D. Brown from Auburn. We need a guy to collapse the pocket, draw double teams & free up CJ.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Matt Miller has us taking Lamb and Tua dropping to the Chargers at 10.

Could see that as a potential partner.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Metal in the hip, he can’t play in cold weather then because of any of you with metal in your body know, you feel pain when it gets cold or rains.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Metal in the hip, he can’t play in cold weather then because of any of you with metal in your body know, you feel pain when it gets cold or rains.
I have metal in my head and cold never bothers me....oh wait I'm a METAL HEAD, nevermind lol

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two fake hips live in Wisconsin. Cold had no effect on me. Also have 4 fusions in my neck. No issues
You must be exception to the rule. Every person I know with knee replacement / surgery say they know when it's about to rain because their knees ache bad, can't imagine metal in you body being better, especially in a critical movement body part like a hip.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
You must be exception to the rule. Every person I know with knee replacement / surgery say they know when it's about to rain because their knees ache bad, can't imagine metal in you body being better, especially in a critical movement body part like a hip.
I had that problem before surgery. Arthritis is the killer in bad weather.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Tua won’t return to school. Why risk injury when you could go to the draft & get big money? He could never buy a big dollar insurance policy to cover the risk.

Many players are discouraged during a tough rehab. Everything I’m hearing is he’s expected to be fine to play. He’ll certainly pass the physical.

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That's arthritis that makes you feel that way. Had my knee replaced this year and feel great. I wish they would have done my hip this month as I've already met my out of pocket for the year.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's arthritis that makes you feel that way. Had my knee replaced this year and feel great. I wish they would have done my hip this month as I've already met my out of pocket for the year.
I am not talking about arthritis, I am talking about knee surgeries and surgeries in general where metal screws / plates or rods have to be put in. Cold weather can bring on painful aches.