Suns @ Rockets Saturday game thread 12-7-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday the Suns will finish their four game road trip in Houston.

Rockets (14-7) beat the Raptors 119-109 in Toronto on Thursday.

Suns (10-11) hope to reach .500 after defeating the Pelicans 139-132 in overtime in their last outing.

Game time is 6 p.m. MST (Arizona time).

It will be televised on FSAZ.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Baynes is listed as doubtful for the Rockets game and Jerome is listed as probable.

It's surprising to see Jerome's name on the injury report.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Ty Jerome is back on the injury report. Same right ankle. He’s probable for tomorrow night’s game in Houston. Aron Baynes (left calf strain) is doubtful.

2:40 PM - 6 Dec 2019

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Baynes is listed as doubtful for the Rockets game and Jerome is listed as probable.

It's surprising to see Jerome's name on the injury report.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Ty Jerome is back on the injury report. Same right ankle. He’s probable for tomorrow night’s game in Houston. Aron Baynes (left calf strain) is doubtful.

2:40 PM - 6 Dec 2019
I guess they need to be careful with Baynes. Calf-strain ending up in an Achilles is the path that KD traveled. Let it heal.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First team to 140 wins!

The way things are going for the Suns the over/under will probably be something like 260.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Yeah, let Baynes heal. Against the Rockets, you are only going to beat them if you are on fire, and they are not. Whether or not you have Baynes isn't gonna make any difference. Honestly, I would sit Baynes until Ayton returns. Then you get your entire center rotation back at 100%.

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Yeah, let Baynes heal. Against the Rockets, you are only going to beat them if you are on fire, and they are not. Whether or not you have Baynes isn't gonna make any difference. Honestly, I would sit Baynes until Ayton returns. Then you get your entire center rotation back at 100%.
If Baynes is 100% a game or two before Ayton returns, may as well play him. But, I get your point, and I agree we should be cautious.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns and Wolves hold the 7th and 8th spots in the Western Conference respectively. The Thunder (9th) beat the Wolves tonight.

I'd like Baynes to return sooner than later unless it is risky. I believe Monty said it would take 10 games for Ayton to get up to speed so it would probably be a smoother transition if Baynes returns earlier. It would be great if he can return for Monday's game with the Wolves.

Only 5 more games before Ayton returns.

Here is a link to the standings.

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
Suns and Wolves hold the 7th and 8th spots in the Western Conference respectively. The Thunder (9th) beat the Wolves tonight.

I'd like Baynes to return sooner than later unless it is risky. I believe Monty said it would take 10 games for Ayton to get up to speed so it would probably be a smoother transition if Baynes returns earlier. It would be great if he can return for Monday's game with the Wolves.

Only 5 more games before Ayton returns.

Here is a link to the standings.

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings
I selfishly hope he plays Monday as I will be at the game! Hah

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I guess they need to be careful with Baynes. Calf-strain ending up in an Achilles is the path that KD traveled. Let it heal.

Durant suffered a partial tear in the initial injury, that was never his calf. I still cannot believe how much of a pass the media gave them on that one. When it happened Durant grabbed at his heel, not his calf, everyone was thinking achilles, then the team, a few days later comes out and says calf... and Durant blows his achilles right after stepping back on the court.

The Warriors medical staff either put the team above the player or screwed up in the worst ways imaginable. Given the Iggy stuff where they told him he had a strain when it was really broken bones and them having that one dude play with a broken collar bone... I lean towards the Warriors medical staff thinking 3-peat over anything else.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tough gm Booker needs to play lights out to have a shot...

Just hoping gm isn't over at halftime lol

Go suns

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Durant suffered a partial tear in the initial injury, that was never his calf. I still cannot believe how much of a pass the media gave them on that one. When it happened Durant grabbed at his heel, not his calf, everyone was thinking achilles, then the team, a few days later comes out and says calf... and Durant blows his achilles right after stepping back on the court.

The Warriors medical staff either put the team above the player or screwed up in the worst ways imaginable. Given the Iggy stuff where they told him he had a strain when it was really broken bones and them having that one dude play with a broken collar bone... I lean towards the Warriors medical staff thinking 3-peat over anything else.

Nonsense. Durant was cleared by the team doctors and his personal doctors. Nobody forced him to play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nonsense. Durant was cleared by the team doctors and his personal doctors. Nobody forced him to play.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I'm not saying anyone forced him to play, I'm saying they screwed the pooch. The same doctors told Iggy he was fine when he had a broken bone in his foot.

The idea that his total achillies tear was unrelated to his previous injury stretches the imagination.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet the Suns are hiding that he died.

They've been hiding it for a while. They found a good body double for a couple of games but Sarver didn't like how quickly that double learned his value and asked for a raise to keep the charade going. So now we won't see "Baynes" until Sarver opens his checkbook or the cajun witch doctor that was hired is able to reanimate the original Baynes' corpse.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The game will be starting in 20 minutes or so, have we been whistled for contact on Harden yet?

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go suns going to crack open a few beers for this ill need them

Lol amd im a Bulldogs fan born in georgia poopy night for me so far

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker and obure need to play lights out tonight fingers crossed

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tip off.

Rockets win the tip.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockets start a small team aside from Capela so the Suns match up with them fairly well.

Suns lead 9-7.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rockets timeout:

Suns lead 20-9.

Houston is ice cold shooting 20% from the field.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose