Week 14-Pittsburgh Steelers @ Arizona Cardinals Pregame thread.

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
For me this isn't just 'another' game. The Superbowl vs Pittsburgh still haunts me LOL. The Cardinals have played the Steelers twice since then but those games didn't carry any major significance. This game does. A Cardinals win knocks the Steelers out of the final wildcard playoff seed. After the kind of game the Cardinals played last week, a VERY BIG win this week vs Steelers would be welcomed and the kind of statement win that we all can carry into next season. Lets go Cardinals!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For me this isn't just 'another' game. The Superbowl vs Pittsburgh still haunts me LOL. The Cardinals have played the Steelers twice since then but those games didn't carry any major significance. This game does. A Cardinals win knocks the Steelers out of the final wildcard playoff seed. After the kind of game the Cardinals played last week, a VERY BIG win this week vs Steelers would be welcomed and the kind of statement win that we all can carry into next season. Lets go Cardinals!!!

Problem with that is that there are what, two holdouts from the superbowl run? Is it only Larry now? I think this game means much more to us fans than it does to that locker room.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Packers are currently off the board. Starting the Eagles D and they're facing NYG but I don't trust that. Jets D, Colts D, and Browns D are all facing bad teams but idk who to trust.

Have to agree with the Doctor...play the Eagles D at home. Jets have a strong run D, but below average against the pass & Fitz will throw all day. Colts average D will struggle on the road against Arians. Bengals running game will have success against Wilks. We all know that.

Eagles run D is stout & will force Eli to throw the ball. With the Giants poor OL, Eli will be forced into turnovers. The Dolphins pulled a ton of $hit out of their a$$ last week against the Eagles. The Giants won’t be so fortunate.

Son of RedRage

All Star
Reaction score
Have to agree with the Doctor...play the Eagles D at home. Jets have a strong run D, but below average against the pass & Fitz will throw all day. Colts average D will struggle on the road against Arians. Bengals running game will have success against Wilks. We all know that.

Eagles run D is stout & will force Eli to throw the ball. With the Giants poor OL, Eli will be forced into turnovers. The Dolphins pulled a ton of $hit out of their a$$ last week against the Eagles. The Giants won’t be so fortunate.
I'm gonna take your word for it, but this is my playoff qualifier game, so I'm mad paranoid about this lol

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steelers defense is looking like it's old self in spurts and they are desperate for playoff run. We are either going to eek one out or we are going to make Hodges look like the second coming.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Bet the house the stadium is 75% Steeler fans

As a Cards fan I wouldn't go if you gave me a ticket

Cardinals will lose and the Steeler fans are gonna be total mob scene to the fans that are there.

I'll bet today that there are at least 5 fights in the stands from that game that pop up on Youtube.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I watched the steelers/Chargers game. Same QB that will play Sunday for the Steelers. The Steelers OL just dominated the Chargers front line. Arguably the Chargers have a better front line, imho. So I worry the Steelers OL will roll the Cards DL. That's my big worry.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Worst case scenario, IMO. The Cards are notorious for giving unknown backups from Directional State University a chance to look like All Pros.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So no Antonio Brown, no LeVeon Bell, no JuJu Smith Schuster, no James Conner, no Ben Roethlisberger, no Mason Rudolph. They're coming at us with Devlin Hodges, Benny Snell, and Tevin Jones?

If this Cardinals defense can't get right against this practice squad, expect Vance to be gone after the game.
Their D is legit and our O can fight it out with them, but our defense has to hold against this Steelers O.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So no Antonio Brown, no LeVeon Bell, no JuJu Smith Schuster, no James Conner, no Ben Roethlisberger, no Mason Rudolph. They're coming at us with Devlin Hodges, Benny Snell, and Tevin Jones?

If this Cardinals defense can't get right against this practice squad, expect Vance to be gone after the game.
Their D is legit and our O can fight it out with them, but our defense has to hold against this Steelers O.
If they aren't careful this week could be more embarrassing than Rams game.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk