Suns @ Magic Wednesday game thread 12-4-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns play the second game of their four game road trip in Orlando on Wednesday when they face the Magic.

Magic (8-11) are playing at the Wizards tonight. In their previous game they beat the Warriors at home on Sunday.

Suns (9-10) beat the Hornets on Monday.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if the Suns might start Ty Jerome if Rubio can't go. It's a lot to ask of a player who has only played in one game but he looked good.

The Suns might prefer to start Carter and bring Jerome off the bench.

I guess the Suns might look towards Tyler Johnson or Elie Okobo but they did not play in the Hornets game.

ProdigalSun

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I can't help but wonder if the Suns might start Ty Jerome if Rubio can't go. It's a lot to ask of a player who has only played in one game but he looked good.

The Suns might prefer to start Carter and bring Jerome off the bench.

I guess the Suns might look towards Tyler Johnson or Elie Okobo but they did not play in the Hornets game.

I hope they start Jerome if Rubio can’t go

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Magic (9-11) beat the Wizards tonight 127-120 in Washington, DC.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With no interior defenders we are going to get slaughtered by the magic. They have a lot of bigs. I predict they’ll just mercilessly pound us inside. Our hope hinges on going bonkers from the three point line because we likely aren’t scoring inside much.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I thought the Magic game was tonight and that was the reasoning for the tight rotation against the Hornets. I'm still surprised by Tyler Johnson's DNP-CD. If he was just a backup all year, fine, but Monty started him when Rubio was out just 2 weeks ago. I know he sucked in that role but going from temporary starter to out of the rotation is surprising. It's too early to think a trade is in the works. If it was closer to the 15th then maybe, but I'd be very surprised to see a trade before then.

I read something the other day about how this is the longest it's been in over 50 years without a trade, excluding lockout seasons. Here's the article on that, for those interested. The Suns might do well to make a trade soon since they'll need to make adjustments to add Ayton into things anyway. They could get a jump on a playoff push by tweaking things a little more.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
With no interior defenders we are going to get slaughtered by the magic. They have a lot of bigs. I predict they’ll just mercilessly pound us inside. Our hope hinges on going bonkers from the three point line because we likely aren’t scoring inside much.

I am 90% sure Vucevic is out, so it might not be as bad. Outside of Gordon, Orlando's remaining bigs are pretty challenged offensively. Oubre and Saric should be able to contain him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I am 90% sure Vucevic is out, so it might not be as bad. Outside of Gordon, Orlando's remaining bigs are pretty challenged offensively. Oubre and Saric should be able to contain him.
Vucevic is the one that really scares me, but we are probably fine if he isn't playing.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Let's go suns be nice to get .500 again

Ugh sucks if rubio cant go hurts our fa add ons are already getting hurt :(

Im also on the Jerome bandwagon dude plays hard on both sides this could bold well for him if he starts and plays well

Rise up suns!!!! Tired of sub par .500 seasons

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jerome is poised, they did call some cheap fouls on him though to welcome him to the nba. He handled it well and spoke with the refs in a composed manner.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought the Magic game was tonight and that was the reasoning for the tight rotation against the Hornets. I'm still surprised by Tyler Johnson's DNP-CD. If he was just a backup all year, fine, but Monty started him when Rubio was out just 2 weeks ago. I know he sucked in that role but going from temporary starter to out of the rotation is surprising. It's too early to think a trade is in the works. If it was closer to the 15th then maybe, but I'd be very surprised to see a trade before then.

I read something the other day about how this is the longest it's been in over 50 years without a trade, excluding lockout seasons. Here's the article on that, for those interested. The Suns might do well to make a trade soon since they'll need to make adjustments to add Ayton into things anyway. They could get a jump on a playoff push by tweaking things a little more.

Monty talks why he sit Tyler Johnson and played Ty Jerome. Sounds like Ty Jerome is always talking the game even in pick-up and Monty wanted to find a rhythm for the team. He is sort of a young coach.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson needed to be sat. He played well early in the year because he played within himself. Lately he’s been a massive ball hog, going 3 on one and taking idiotic shots.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyler Johnson needed to be sat. He played well early in the year because he played within himself. Lately he’s been a massive ball hog, going 3 on one and taking idiotic shots.
Here is hoping there is some really quality player wanting out at the deadline and TJ's salary is perfect to make it work.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oubre and Saric have scored for the Suns. Game tied 4-4.