Yes or No: Are you happy with this team's direction?

Are you happy with this team's direction?

• Total voters

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Simple question here. Yes or no, glass half full, or glass half empty, purely binary, do you think this team's current trajectory leads toward success?

I won't present any stats or qualifiers, besides to say no on my end.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Cardinals talent is inferior to 25+ other teams. Cardinals don't have a coaching edge compared to 25+ other teams.

Cardinals front office is a wrecking ball of terrible draft evaluations, graveyard of dead money signings compounded with a miserable player to front office relations.

After two first-round QBs in two consecutive years, the team is 6-21-1 and going in the wrong direction.

Heck, the answer is no and no.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
We’re actively discussing firing the DC and the GM. That doesn’t scream excitement

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a modicum of hope for the future, but I'm worn out watching the garbage team that's been on the field for now what seems like forever. Not sold on Murray or Kingsbury yet. I'm sick of trying to figure out if Michael should get rid of SK or extend him. Depressing actually.

But I'm still coming over for the Browns game!! Yippee!! Go Cards!!

:newcards:

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Must’ve meant the Rams. Giving up 2 1st rounders for a diva that wants 20M

Cards got a QBOF and haven’t made big profile trade since Chandler that was for a 2nd rounder.
When all else fails, deflect, I guess.

"Well our team has an awful core, but look at those other guys! They're worse!"

...Despite being in the Super Bowl less than 365 days ago, and embarrassing us less than three days ago.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I'm happy with the direction. We have a franchise QB who looks like he's going to be a star. Kliff's made many adjustments to his system and it seems to be working out in the NFL. We need better personnel. With a good draft and good free agency period we can compete in this division.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
When all else fails, deflect, I guess.

"Well our team has an awful core, but look at those other guys! They're worse!"

...Despite being in the Super Bowl less than 365 days ago, and embarrassing us less than three days ago.
Deflect what?

What’s our shiny new car? Kyler? We should’ve traded down now?

Like I said we have Kyler and our last splurge trade was for Chandler for only a 2nd.

Tell me how I’m wrong.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Keim needs to go, the FO needs a major shake up. I get the feeling there are instutional problems beyond just the bad drafts and deals. I'd like a new culture and a new GM with a fresh set of eyes for scouting and evaluation.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Also, I just hope if Keim is fired that Michael doesn’t make AW the new GM. I think this franchise needs a new infusion of thoughts, ideas & approach to how to assemble a World Championship NFL team. I also believe it needs to totally overhaul its scouting department with new blood as well.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
It's a loaded question IMO. There are things that I am optimistic about such as Kyler and Kliff's offense, but we are extremely lacking in talent on both sides of the ball and I am not confident that Keim will be able to fill the holes on the roster. Nor am I confident that we will find a good DC to take over next year. That being said if we are able to add a few good contributors to each side of the ball and a solid DC I could see a quick turnaround for the team as well.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Deflect what?

What’s our shiny new car? Kyler? We should’ve traded down now?

Like I said we have Kyler and our last splurge trade was for Chandler for only a 2nd.

Tell me how I’m wrong.
Traded down? No. This team has consistently ignored the trenches. We don't have a single guy on either line that would sniff a Pro Bowl, and our skill players suffer for it. We dumped assets into a top ten QB, sold him for nothing, and now have the number one overall pick running for his life.

Invest in the line, invest in building this team like a real football team, instead of looking for wild flash and stats that don't turn into wins.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Traded down? No. This team has consistently ignored the trenches. We don't have a single guy on either line that would sniff a Pro Bowl, and our skill players suffer for it. We dumped assets into a top ten QB, sold him for nothing, and now have the number one overall pick running for his life.

Invest in the line, invest in building this team like a real football team, instead of looking for wild flash and stats that don't turn into wins.

Damn dude

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is fine. I actually think we're not that far away from being a 7-9 team.
We're not. Only reason I'm frustrated with this team is because of the defense. I've said it many times in the last few weeks, handful of plays in about 5 games away from having 7-8 wins right now. Offense has carried this team. Sure, they could've put the game away in Tampa but the defense gave up a TD way too easily on many possessions. I could go on & on. Defense couldn't get one stop when we needed it most. I believe with the right moves in the offseason, this team could be much improved next yr. Much more excited about this team than last yrs. Not sure that's saying much but it's better imo.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Must’ve meant the Rams. Giving up 2 1st rounders for a diva that wants 20M

Cards got a QBOF and haven’t made big profile trade since Chandler that was for a 2nd rounder.
I 2nd that. Rams may be better than us right now but look at what they've salvaged. Their 2 first rd picks given up for Ramsey will come back to bite them in the ass soon imo. Plus they will have to ante up & pay Goff after next season. Ramsey (if they even resign him) will cost them half of what Goff will ask for. He's one of those diva type players that can make you or break you? Very unpredictable. They will find themselves in cap hell, sooner rather than later. We get a lot of the dead money SK created back next season, mistakes on his part yes but he hasn't traded away any draft capital as of right now. We need all the top picks we can get. Maybe we can get something for DJ & PP?

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
At any given time, about 22 NFL teams are on the search for a QB. The Cardinals ARE NOT one of them. Let that sink in.

That bodes well for mass improvement in the immediate future. We win 6 to 8 games next year and then look out after that!

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Until we start protecting the QB and build that O-line then I’m going to say I do not like the direction we are heading

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose