Do we break the bank for Nick Caserio?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
This is of course assuming that Keim gets fired as he should.

I know it is easy to be cautious of people tied to New England, but he has a bunch of experience and comes from a very stable organization which is something we need. His contract is up this year so I think he is free to sign wherever.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I think the tied to New England is overblown and it’s an easy way to dismiss somebody. People that do their job well will learn, especially when you’re working with arguably the greatest coach and talent evaluator in league history. Caserio would be a great hire for the position as would Dawson. Buffalo is doing some nice things and quietly put together a nice roster on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would actually look deep at Cowboys, Ravens, Browns (right-hand man of John Dorsey) organizations to find the best talent evaluator there is. No patriots people.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Isn't this the guy that was blocked from talking to the Texans?

Yes but he hasn’t resigned with the pats so he will be gone after this season and the Texans will hire him then. They have gone this year without a GM to basically hold his spot for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Who has worked with Caserio and they are buddies and the reason why the Texans gave caserio a contract last off-season to be the GM. He will be there after the draft since that’s when his contract expires with the pats.

Do you have anything to back this up other than the failed attempt to hire him in the off season?

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...-patriots-executive-nick-caserio-after-season

If you have some personal connection with Nick and Bill do tell.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do you have anything to back this up other than the failed attempt to hire him in the off season?

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...-patriots-executive-nick-caserio-after-season

Bill O'Brien and the Patriots seem to have a contentious relationship. Maybe O'Brien just wanted a sit down with Nick to piss off the Pats. That post game sorta handshake from the 2 Bills might be telling. Just my opinion.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/patriots-bill-belichick-bill-obrien-controversial-handshake

If Caserio were to leave N E I would think Arizona would be the place where he would have more freedom and responsibility. IIRC Texans have traded away much of their draft capital to go all in this year.

Reactions: HGC

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
Bill O'Brien and the Patriots seem to have a contentious relationship. Maybe O'Brien just wanted a sit down with Nick to piss off the Pats. That post game sorta handshake from the 2 Bills might be telling. Just my opinion.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/12/patriots-bill-belichick-bill-obrien-controversial-handshake

If Caserio were to leave N E I would think Arizona would be the place where he would have more freedom and responsibility. IIRC Texans have traded away much of their draft capital to go all in this year.

I’m as critical of Steve Keim as anybody but I’ll give him credit for the positives. He hasn’t mortgaged this teams future by trading away draft picks and he hasn’t destroyed the cap long term by signing players to bad deals. Unfortunately he’s proven to be a poor evaluator of talent and I don’t believe that’s changing anytime soon. It’s time to take this team in a new direction. This is a solid opening.

Last edited:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

Just what I’ve heard from the local guys who report on the Pats. It has changed in the past 48 hours and Caserios intent was to still go to Houston. If caserio doesn’t go to Houston he will stay in NE or go with Josh when/if he decides to leave.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
These are all pipe dreams sadly. We won't rid ourselves of Keim for at least another year.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
These are all pipe dreams sadly. We won't rid ourselves of Keim for at least another year.

I’ve felt that way a majority of the season but if the team loses out with a few more embarrassing losses I think he’ll pull the trigger. Bidwill has worked diligently for years to build this fan base and bringing Keim back with 6 wins in 2 seasons will be a hard sell.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’d rather go for Lake Dawson out of Buffalo.

100% worth looking at. They have built that team very well with players on reasonable contracts. Buffalo is playing excellent TEAM football right now and seems like their culture is growing into something great there.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
If you are looking for more of a scout type GM, Dobbs is pretty well respected in that area. HE was hand picked by Ballard to be his asst GM, and coming from Seattle where he was the senior personnel executive. He was a grinder as a scout and has an eye for talent.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I do remember Lake Dawson being a pretty good WR for the Chiefs, that's all I got on him lol

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’d rather go for Lake Dawson out of Buffalo.
He's definitely proved capable of building a great roster there. How about Louis Riddick (Reddick (sp)) from ESPN? I've heard him on 98.7 podcasts several times, seems like a very smart dude with possible GM aspirations?

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He's definitely proved capable of building a great roster there. How about Louis Riddick (Reddick (sp)) from ESPN? I've heard him on 98.7 podcasts several times, seems like a very smart dude with possible GM aspirations?

I like him on tv but you don’t know if those guys are grinders. He does intrigue me though.

Riddick and Daniel Jeremiah will probably get some looks this offseason after the success Mayock has had.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose