Will Murray be starting QB for 2020 Cardinals?

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Starters worth bringing back in 2020: Murray, Chandler Jones, Zane Gonzalez, P2 (being generous given how terrific P2 was for all those years except this), Maxx Williams, Corey Peters, Andy Lee, JR Sweezey. So Cardinals need around 15 new offensive and defensive starters. It doesn't matter how much cap space is there and high pick the Cardinals will have. This cannot be done in one offseason or two.

The early 2020 outlook and beyond for a Cardinals team who lost their lunch and got kicked in their groin at their own house by a 3rd place team in the division is abysmal. You can dice the situation twice, thrice or more, the Cardinals will not be a threat in 2020 no more. This is worse than Suns futility given the parity of NFL as Cardinals already are on four non-winning seasons and counting..

At this point, It would be a surprise if Kyler Murray doesn't ask for release from Cardinals (that is demand a trade to another team) in the off-season given the state of affairs. When the Cardinals refuse, remember, Kyler Murray's contract doesn't have any contract stopping him pursuing baseball.

If it comes to that, I for one will not blame Kyler Murray. Will you?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

OMG wow... Yes he will be playing in AZ next year....

Why the laugh Shane?

NFL times have changed. Players are more vocal (not saying it is good or bad) and are getting their way using Social media and other means. All Murray's team needs to communicate is Murray will be attending spring practices and it is off..

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Well, Tua is hurt, and I think a sub-.500 highschool coach would be a bit extreme, so....Murray is probably back next year.

But this IS the Cardinals, so you never know.

Andy Reid have magic beans?

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Jim Murray, Fred McMurray, and Murray the Butcher will not be starting for the Cardinals next year, but Kyler Murray definitely will be. Sheesh this is lame.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't see a possible way he isn't a starter, barring some kind of wild scenario like mentioned about baseball, but I don't see it at all.

KM's the starter for sure.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
KM will start unless of injury or illness.No matter how he plays he will start.Cards will give him benefit of the doubt until his contract ends whenever.Only QB battle in camp will be for backup QB and /if keeping a 3rd QB

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Look, I am not trying to troll. Didn't Palmer force himself out of Bengals? Murray has been a winner through out his life. Why do you guys think there is a zero probability that Murray's camp sees this franchise is stuck in Rock bottom of NFC West and wants to move on?

Murray will be the starter if not for the case above.

I will say the probability of Murray's camp doing the above at about 10% this year.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Look, I am not trying to troll. Didn't Palmer force himself out of Bengals? Murray has been a winner through out his life. Why do you guys think there is a zero probability that Murray's camp sees this franchise is stuck in Rock bottom of NFC West and wants to move on?

Murray will be the starter if not for the case above.

I will say the probability of Murray's camp doing the above at about 10% this year.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk
No "camp" lets their guy get to the position where he's going to be the #1 overall pick and expect it to be a good team. Especially not when he has leverage. If they wanted to guarantee he went to a good team, they could have pulled an Elway and said "this kid doesn't have to play football and will only play for a winning team before quitting on baseball."

If anything, his "camp" only made the decision because of the Kingsbury connection, and the guaranteed money he wasn't getting in baseball. He's already paid back millions in baseball and isn't going anywhere.

If you want to make this argument a year from now if Kliff Kingsbury were fired and we had another 3-win season? I wouldn't laugh you out of the room, but this is silly where we stand today.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose