Suns updates and discussion for the 2019-20 season

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Something tells me Baynes' injury is more serious than is being reported... like Amare or Penny Hardaway serious...
Or even, if a nagging injury, not a good sign for whatever role would be expected of him all season.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He's probably really dead and the Suns are just covering it up.
Must be reincarnation since it's been reported that he might be available for Friday's game. Now that's a Black Friday bargain. :)

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Must be reincarnation since it's been reported that he might be available for Friday's game. Now that's a Black Friday bargain. :)

That's if they're able to find a passable double. He's been dead for at least the last 8 days.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start Ayton when he returns!

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Monty Williams said on @AZSports that they're still undecided as to whether or not they will start Deandre Ayton when he returns but then said "more than likely we're gonna start him."

10:55 AM - 29 Nov 2019

I could see him coming off the bench for a couple of games until he gets his wind back but I think it's more likely he gets pulled early than put in late. Probably only play him 20-25 minutes for the first game or two. It's not like an injury so there won't be a minute restriction. It's just a matter of how long it takes him to be able to run for 30+ minutes a night.

He's also practicing with the team already. I doubt they have him working with the starters right now but as time goes by, he's going to need to start working with them more and more. He's probably been a help going up against the starters and playing the role of various bigs they'll be facing. It's not every day you face someone with that much talent in practice.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could see him coming off the bench for a couple of games until he gets his wind back but I think it's more likely he gets pulled early than put in late. Probably only play him 20-25 minutes for the first game or two. It's not like an injury so there won't be a minute restriction. It's just a matter of how long it takes him to be able to run for 30+ minutes a night.

He's also practicing with the team already. I doubt they have him working with the starters right now but as time goes by, he's going to need to start working with them more and more. He's probably been a help going up against the starters and playing the role of various bigs they'll be facing. It's not every day you face someone with that much talent in practice.

I'd like to see Ayton start when he returns. If he needs to get pulled early until he gets his conditioning back so be it. The Suns need to return to their regular starting lineup as soon as possible so hopefully they can start winning again.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it so wrong to watch the video to see a pigeon buzz the tower? :D

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this which I thought was interesting:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Suns are actually generating the second-highest number of open 3 point shots in the league, but are connecting at a poor rate (below average though hard to tell the actual ranking from that image).

CRC83

Veteran
Reaction score
A friend of mine sent me this which I thought was interesting:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

The Suns are actually generating the second-highest number of open 3 point shots in the league, but are connecting at a poor rate (below average though hard to tell the actual ranking from that image).
Interesting chart. Look at the Raptors...wow!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose