Patrick Peterson

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tell me, what more do you guys need to see?

Sign him to that extension? Move him to FS?

Makes no sense why some of you guys are emotionally attached to him.

It’s obviously clear he doesn’t want to be here.

Keim was real smart not trading him for that 1st rounder huh?

I’ll take a 3rd for him(if we’re even fortunate) & I’m not even joking. I’m not letting my emotion getting the best of me. I’m dead serious.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Knew the fanboy would comment ;)
I’m not a fanboy. I’d trade Peterson if I felt it’d make this team better, but evidenced by the apparent schematic issues, corroborated by others’ desire to rid of VJ, I think you start there.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I get that it’s the thing to crap on Peterson, but if you’re focused solely on Peterson, you’ve got blinders on. There are fundamental communication issues in the secondary, and if VJ is hell-bent on playing zone the majority of the time, communication is important. Maybe it’s to be expected with two rookie safeties, but it’s impacted everyone

Last edited by a moderator:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Agreed. This guy has quit.

im more concerned about if this is PED-less Patrick Peterson

if so, i dont think moving to FS will fix things. He has always been a mirror man to man guy -- not a read route combos, etc

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
He and David Johnson have lowered their trade value to the point where it is not even feasible to trade them. Quite a dilemma for Steve Keim

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
im more concerned about if this is PED-less Patrick Peterson

if so, i dont think moving to FS will fix things. He has always been a mirror man to man guy -- not a read route combos, etc
Do we really want Peterson as the last line of defense? It will be an automatic TD cause we know he’s not tackling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: PJ1

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
Is it Vance’s fault that Peterson just let Goff block up on him springing that Woods’ 40+ yard run?
Why not complain about the lbs and d line who should have tackled woods for a loss when the play started. Where the heck were the 10 other defenders? You mad because our cb didnt break a block of a much larger person and make a tackle but not mad at all the other defenders who didnt make the play.

We get it, you hate Peterson, doesnt matter if he plays great or bad you will create 2 or 3 new posts complaining.

We didn't trade him becuase hes a great player on a reasonable contract. If he sucks next year, we will have an opportunity to trade him again

Dont you think our "likely new d coordinator" would want the chance of keeping an 8 time consecutive pro bowl cb?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Why not complain about the lbs and d line who should have tackled woods for a loss when the play started. Where the heck were the 10 other defenders? You mad because our cb didnt break a block of a much larger person and make a tackle but not mad at all the other defenders who didnt make the play.

We get it, you hate Peterson, doesnt matter if he plays great or bad you will create 2 or 3 new posts complaining.

We didn't trade him becuase hes a great player on a reasonable contract. If he sucks next year, we will have an opportunity to trade him again

Dont you think our "likely new d coordinator" would want the chance of keeping an 8 time consecutive pro bowl cb?

PP is supposed to be the leader of the defense. I’m not gonna bag on Cassius marsh when it looks like he at least gives effort. You get what you deserve. With everything PP has done he deserves to be flamed when he sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You don't keep someone that doesn't want to be here when they stop producing. It's really a universal thing. In my line of work there are often big disparities in talent and you can have a superstar who gets it in their head they don't like the job but they like the paycheck and they eventually turn into a dud given enough time, if they don't quit on their own. The worst part about those people is the way they infect the rest of the team.

I have no clue if PP is being a good teammate or not off the field this season. If he is still grumbling though then there is no reason to keep him because he won't play up to his potential and the negativitivity will rub off on others. We do know what happened last year though. I have rarely ever see someone have a change of heart. Maybe they stop being vocal about it, but doing a 180 and having a happy ending is not the usual outcome.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I don't see how moving PP to FS helps anything. He doesn't tackle now and he would be required to tackle even more at FS. Why would you move him to FS? He would have to cover TEs at times at FS. Can you imagine him tackling a TE?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The team is so abysmal that I'd shed any salary and players we can to aim for wining in 2025 or 2030, and these are the kinds of years I thought represented some distant incomprehensible future as a kid.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Or that hes getting completely owned by middling WR when in man to man coverage?
This. All day this. We’ve seen him in man enough since he returned from suspension to see he sucks. At least for what’s expected of him. At least to justify overlooking his disdain for tackling. It ain’t scheme that makes him stink. He’s lost a step and a half and for a dude who was a talent-not-thinking-mans corner that makes him toast.

Dingding

Veteran
Reaction score
Everyone gets the free safety thing from one Woodson. He mived to that position, and the idea was always we could justify a contract extension from Peterson similarly.

Patrick Peterson is clearly not Woodson. He’s not as much of a ball hawk, and certainly doesn’t tackle.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I get that it’s the thing to **** on Peterson, but if you’re focused solely on Peterson, you’ve got blinders on. There are fundamental communication issues in the secondary, and if VJ is hell-bent on playing zone the majority of the time, communication is important. Maybe it’s to be expected with two rookie safeties, but it’s impacted everyone
Oh so someone is telling him how to play man coverage incorrectly? Sheesh.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose