A thank you to Steve Keim

Lagerfilled

Professional Tailgater
Reaction score
It's just reality that Keim is has a drinking problem and that has and continues to negatively impact both his professional and personal life. The organization can't trust it's future with a guy like that.

I’m no huge Keim fan, but how in the world do you deduce that his personal life is in shambles or that he has a serious drinking problem to this day? Do you know him personally? Are you a bartender at a pub he frequents? Or is this like the great impeachment hoax - third and fourth person hearsay because you don’t like the man???

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I’m no huge Keim fan, but how in the world do you deduce that his personal life is in shambles or that he has a serious drinking problem to this day? Do you know him personally? Are you a bartender at a pub he frequents? Or is this like the great impeachment hoax - third and fourth person hearsay because you don’t like the man???
If I recall he does indeed have some industry connections at bars in the area that Keim frequents.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's very well-known around Phoenix. Not to mention the whole DUI thing.

I won't touch your political statement for the sake of the board.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are feeling the effects of poor drafts... just cant seem to win games we should have won over the last three weeks.
I agree with you 100%
The drafting has been horrible
9ers are building with youth
Seattle never stops and their drafts are solid
the rams use free agency more than the draft ...but it's working for them

Keim sucks at drafting and too often looks for injured players in free agency whom NEVER play on the field. and don't get me started on O line and D line.

Is Keim the answer ...IDK.
If there's a guy who's better ....lets take a look

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Kliff was our OC.... he would be stolen from us to be a HC somewhere by the end of next year. Tops.

This is pretty much a fact.... Though if I was a HC hiring him, I would possibly only have him call plays in the first half... :biglaugh:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
It's just reality that Keim is has a drinking problem and that has and continues to negatively impact both his professional and personal life. The organization can't trust it's future with a guy like that.
Does he seriously have a drinking problem? I know he got the DUI & all but a person can not be a problem drinker & then screw up one night. Is this a well known fact that he has always had a problem with alcohol? Even now?

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is the game that pushed me into the FIRE KEIM camp.

We have been competitive in 10/11 games this year. We have had a legit chance to win 5 additional games this year, and we had a legit chance of blowing 2 of the 3 wins we currently have. But...we are competitive. We are able to play with anyone in the league so far. Win?? Not so much.

We are extremely undisciplined. We are basically the most penalized team in the NFL. Our execution in crunch time is horrid...especially on defense. Without Kyler Murray we are winless this year. With an even below average defense, we are probably 7-4.

I guess my point is that this team is actually a lot closer to being a playoff contender than I thought we would be in year 1. The record looks bad, but we are actually a very competitive team. We are going to have the draft pick, and the FA money to make a huge leap next year. I do not want Keim orchestrating the most important offseason we have had in a long time. We FINALLY have a franchise QB, and now we need to play to his strengths, give him playmakers, and field a defense that can hold a lead, or actually win us a game from time to time.

Based on what KM has shown this year, I think there are GM's that will be "all in" on the KM and KK on the offensive side of the ball. It may not be an old school, long term NFL GM...and thats ok. We may need to get an outside the box thinker, but we CANNOT afford to have complete strike out drafts during KM's rookie deal. We CANNOT spend 65 million dollars in FA and end up with a bunch of scrubs.

I would put a call into Ed Dodds...the top scout for the Colts, or someone like Luis Riddick or Daniel Jeremiah
Riddick would be fine by me. That being said, SK isn't going anywhere. I keep saying it, he's buddies with MB, that will keep him with the Cardinals, unless he screws up again? We are as you said competitive this season, handful of plays in each of 5 games away from having 8 wins & being in the division race. SK did get the HC & QB right, plus part of the OL minus the injury to Gilbert. He also got the OL coach right. All we can do as fans is hope he rebuilds this defense right in the offseason? That's the main problem on this team, the defense. Will he make the right decisions? Many believe due to his track record the answer is "no" time will tell.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm at the point where I am ok if we get equal production out of a new GM, but with at least a little more dedication, self awareness, and someone who learns and evolves. If nothing else, I don't feel like we have any evidence that Keim has evolved as a GM. It seems like he continues to do what he has always done. The issues with alcohol reflect that.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
At this point, I am good if the Cardinals fire Keim, promote Quentin Harris to the GM spot and Adrian Wilson into Harris position of Director, Player Personnel.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
At this point, I am good if the Cardinals fire Keim, promote Quentin Harris to the GM spot and Adrian Wilson into Harris position of Director, Player Personnel.
I have no clue on the qualifications of the other guys but I'm perfectly content with firing SK, I agree with your previous post in that Kiem doesn't seem to have progressed in his abilities as a GM , I don't have a solution on a replacement but I'm over Kiem

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I have no clue on the qualifications of the other guys but I'm perfectly content with firing SK, I agree with your previous post in that Kiem doesn't seem to have progressed in his abilities as a GM , I don't have a solution on a replacement but I'm over Kiem
My point is that even if we just go with an in-house candidate to ensure continuity of the front office operation...it is probably better. Especially because it really couldn't be much worse.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Anyone want to read thanks giving note for Keim?

When sunrises tomorrow and Keim is gone, it will be a better Cardinals organization.

Sent from my 6060S using Tapatalk

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
It’s going to be funny listening to the load of crap Bidwill try’s to sell us when he brings Keimvback next year.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s going to be funny listening to the load of crap Bidwill try’s to sell us when he brings Keimvback next year.

IMO, one thing is certain. Vance Joseph absolutely must be fired after the season. Even with supposedly inferior talent, this defense shows absolutely no improvement week to week. His schemes are pathetic, and his ability to coach up or motivate anyone is completely absent.

I have been of the belief that Keim would see another year before being firmly placed on the hot seat. One thing that has always driven the Bidwill's to act is when we get throttled at home against a division rival. A game like yesterday, especially coming off a bye, may very well be what it takes for MB to start thinking it's time to replace Keim also. How they finish this season will now dictate what MB does. I'm pretty certain that if we get pummeled again like we did yesterday, Keim's days in the desert may be over.

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
IMO, one thing is certain. Vance Joseph absolutely must be fired after the season. Even with supposedly inferior talent, this defense shows absolutely no improvement week to week. His schemes are pathetic, and his ability to coach up or motivate anyone is completely absent.

I have been of the belief that Keim would see another year before being firmly placed on the hot seat. One thing that has always driven the Bidwill's to act is when we get throttled at home against a division rival. A game like yesterday, especially coming off a bye, may very well be what it takes for MB to start thinking it's time to replace Keim also. How they finish this season will now dictate what MB does. I'm pretty certain that if we get pummeled again like we did yesterday, Keim's days in the desert may be over.

Vance sucks.
D coordinators on the rise aren’t taking this job. At best Keim would be a lame duck and on the hot seat headed into next season. The only people hitching themselves to that wagon are retreads or position coaches that are desperate for the opportunity.
If this team doesn’t go on a run and Keim is retained Bidwill will officially be entering Sarver territory.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose