Suns @ Kings Tuesday game thread 11-19-19

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns return right back to action on Tuesday games facing the Kings at Golden 1 Center in Sacramento. This is the second of back-to-back games for the Suns.

The game will be televised on FSAZ.

Start time is scheduled for 8 p.m. MST.

Suns fall to 7-5, 2-1 away while the Kings are 5-7, 3-3 home.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
There is a chance Rubio may not play tomorrow.

Kellan Olson‏Verified account @KellanOlson

Monty Williams said he's not sure if Ricky Rubio will play tomorrow. Said Rubio felt fine yesterday but didn't feel right today.

8:22 PM - 18 Nov 2019
It's early in the season and these things happen.

That being said . . . damn!

There is no way we should lose to the Kings.

Except for no Rubio. Book didn't bring the
ball up, but he was expected to do it all.

And we saw the results. Even against the
best team in the league.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

best team in the league.

There is no way the Suns team that we've seen since the 2nd half of the Warriors game can do anything but lose to these Kings. Sacramento started out horribly but they are playing much better ball than we are right now. And it's not even close IMO. Hopefully, we won't be the same team we've been of late but I'll believe that when we see it. We still have just a limited number of true rotation players and if we're playing without 2 of our best starters, we're in a lot of trouble.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

best team in the league.

It should be noted the Kings have been playing without Fox and Bagley and beat the Celtics on Monday.

Hopefully the Suns match up better with the Kings but the way the Suns played against the Celtics, it's not looking so good at the moment especially if Rubio doesn't play.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be noted the Kings have been playing without Fox and Bagley and beat the Celtics on Monday.

Hopefully the Suns match up better with the Kings but the way the Suns played against the Celtics, it's not looking so good at the moment especially if Rubio doesn't play.

Yeah in addition to beating the Celtics on Sunday they also have recent wins against Portland, Atlanta, New York and Utah. And in their recent losses they've come up just short at the Lakers by 2 and by 4 at the Raptors. They are 5-2 in their last 7 games and like I said, their losses have been very close road games. They just aren't the same team that opened up with 5 losses, most of them double digit blowouts.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellen Olson said on The Rundown that Baynes is out and Rubio is a game time decision. No Baynes makes things much more difficult.

*Edit - Originally I said he was on Doug & Wolf but I guess the show is called The Rundown. Whatever was on before the Suns coverage started on 98.7.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kellen Olson said on Doug & Wolf that Baynes is out and Rubio is a game time decision. No Baynes makes thinks much more difficult.

Maybe Diallo gets more minutes.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Diallo gets more minutes tonight.

If that is the case then I'm glad I'm only able to listen to the game tonight rather than watch. Diallo is awful. I would prefer to see more small ball than Diallo. Even going small though they're really thin in the frontcourt. Saric, Kaminsky, and Diallo. Oubre at Center? I hope not.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If that is the case then I'm glad I'm only able to listen to the game tonight rather than watch. Diallo is awful. I would prefer to see more small ball than Diallo. Even going small though they're really thin in the frontcourt. Saric, Kaminsky, and Diallo. Oubre at Center? I hope not.

But Diallo's per is 25.99. :D

I guess the Suns will get a heavy dose of Holmes, Giles and Dedmon tonight. That's a huge challenge for the Suns front court as the Kings will try to exploit them inside. I'm not sure the Suns can match up effectively. It could be a long night.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But Diallo's per is 25.99. :D

I guess the Suns will get a heavy dose of Holmes, Giles and Dedmon tonight. That's a huge challenge for the Suns front court as the Kings will try to exploit them inside. I'm not sure the Suns can match up effectively. It could be a long night.
Just getting on here to say that. Lol. Have a not so great feeling about this game..even with Rubio back. We shall see.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns start game with a turnover leading to a score.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns can't get shots to fall reminiscent of last night.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holmes with 8 points. Kings having their way inside as to be expected.

Suns trail 12-5.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No shooting and no beef inside for Suns.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose