Regarding the DPI on #59 Walker

Redrage

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He had better position and looked like a receiver trying to make a play on the ball. If the roles were reversed and that was a TE or WR then the other player would be called every time.

Very bad call IMO.

On the good call front, I'm glad the luster has

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No offense to old dudes.. lol. But I find it crazy that the league is asking some of these old timey refs to put themselves in the best position possible on the field to get a full view of the play in real time... especially in today's NFL. Some of these guys get knocked over by a slight breeze.

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
..and the only reason it won't completely collapse the ratings is because of all the extra drama it creates in the first place..

There’s a reason why they changed it to a “spot foul” instead of just 15-yards.

Late game drama.

It’s equivalent to the NBA where a team can magically advance to ball to half-court if they call a timeout.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There’s a reason why they changed it to a “spot foul” instead of just 15-yards.

Late game drama.

It’s equivalent to the NBA where a team can magically advance to ball to half-court if they call a timeout.
Yep...and gives all the affiliated talking heads something to bitch about the next day..no coincidences. Lol.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
the PI rules are ruining the game.
No the refs & people in NY are ruining the game by not enforcing the rules of OBVIOUS PI & too worried about making their officials to look bad by getting the correct call.

Stevie Wonder could see that Walker did nothing to warrant a 30 yard foul on that play.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
the funny (?) thing was that 44 was trying to prevent the interception

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He did more than try, he basically tackled him

said more clearly: I think 44 was ready to take the OPI call to break up an interception -- and ended up getting the call going his way

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Johnston basically was saying "This is going to be OPI, and I don't like it.... Oh...It's DPI? Ok....cool"

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Johnston basically was saying "This is going to be OPI, and I don't like it.... Oh...It's DPI? Ok....cool"

“I’m an offensive guy”

I found this real annoying he kept always siding with the offense on clear penalties.

Walker was in perfect position on this play and the offensive player was grabbing him. Ridiculously bad penalty.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact timing on it but we'd already challenged and won the Kirk hit on the helmet one so maybe Kliff thought I don't want to use my 2nd challenge this soon?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I don't remember the exact timing on it but we'd already challenged and won the Kirk hit on the helmet one so maybe Kliff thought I don't want to use my 2nd challenge this soon?
I think You’re dead on.

Especially considering it’s only a 10 yard penalty vs a spot foul on DPI. But we also would’ve gotten another challenge. Imo there wasn’t anyway they couldn’t overturn it. But hey, these officials on the field & in NY are blind as bats as well lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think You’re dead on.

Especially considering it’s only a 10 yard penalty vs a spot foul on DPI. But we also would’ve gotten another challenge. Imo there wasn’t anyway they couldn’t overturn it. But hey, these officials on the field & in NY are blind as bats as well lol

That was the old rule you got 2 and if you got them right you got a 3rd, is that still the rule I honestly don't know?

That one was so blatant I would have challenged it just to get a chance to yell about it. And if they don't overturn it, yell some more.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose