OT: Tua’s college career might be done

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
This explain everything :mad:
Not everything. I feel the same way about Trevor Lawrence, even moreso.

The Solar7 complaint hasn't changed since the offseason - I didn't think keeping Keim was smart, I didn't think hiring a failed college coach in Kingsbury was smart, and I didn't think that drafting Kyler was smart, with the movement of assets.

Because I believed that this year was going to be what it was/is... a bad one, and I wish it was under a cohesive new vision where we were really starting from the ground floor.

The only one of those things I feel like I was wrong on so far is Kyler Murray, ESPECIALLY with this news. If you guys told me Tua was going to be hurt this late in the season, with this kind of injury? Man, I would have sang a different tune. Herbert/Barrow/Hurts might have been interesting, but uninspiring.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That sucks for him, It's bad enough to suffer an injury like this by itself... But this is like suffering a horrible injury and losing your winning lottery ticket all in the same day.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I it a hard thing to quantify but some players seem to know how to absorb an impact and some do not.

And let me be clear, it has nothing to do with being "soft" or "tough". It doesn't matter how tough you are, you cannot play when you're breaking bones. Just, some players know how to contort their bodies so a serious impact does not result in a serious injury.

Kevin Kolb, not only was he punch drunk but the guy seemed to hurt himself on rather benign plays.

Tony Romo, the guy had hall of fame talent, but it seemed like every time he took a solid shot from a defender he came away with a broken collar bone. Lienart would also fall into the collar bones made of glass territory.

Then you've got players like Warner, Favre... guys who would stand like a rock in the pocket, get absolutely blasted and knew how to absorb the hit to minimize the damage.

Tua, like RGIII, seems to get hurt every time he absorbs serious contact. It might be a fluke, but 3 surgery inducing injuries in less than 2 full seasons is way too much for me to find it coincidental.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I it a hard thing to quantify but some players seem to know how to absorb an impact and some do not.

And let me be clear, it has nothing to do with being "soft" or "tough". It doesn't matter how tough you are, you cannot play when you're breaking bones. Just, some players know how to contort their bodies so a serious impact does not result in a serious injury.

Kevin Kolb, not only was he punch drunk but the guy seemed to hurt himself on rather benign plays.

Tony Romo, the guy had hall of fame talent, but it seemed like every time he took a solid shot from a defender he came away with a broken collar bone. Lienart would also fall into the collar bones made of glass territory.

Then you've got players like Warner, Favre... guys who would stand like a rock in the pocket, get absolutely blasted and knew how to absorb the hit to minimize the damage.

Tua, like RGIII, seems to get hurt every time he absorbs serious contact. It might be a fluke, but 3 surgery inducing injuries in less than 2 full seasons is way too much for me to find it coincidental.

lol I had this debate about boxing one time. I guy tried to tell me some guys know how to fall when they get knocked down.

there not contorting there bodies to prevent injury in that split second a 6’4 250lbs defensive lineman crashes into them. People are just built different that’s all and sometimes it’s just pure dumb luck

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really depends on the severity of the injury. Josh Shipp who played hoops at UCLA had that injury to both hips and came back and played college ball, he was never as athletic, but he played and has been playing overseas. his brother Joe had the same injury. Kevon Looney had a very similar surgery and is still having leg issues.

So the idea that Tua is done may be a stretch, but the idea this might hinder his career in terms of how athletic he is and how long he plays is very real IMO. I don't know if playing QB is as difficult on the hip as playing basketball is(all the jumping and landing) but it's certainly not going to help.

I know it's easy in hindsight but it's pretty clear he shouldn't have been playing, he wasn't 100%, he couldn't move as well as normal, and I think you can make the argument once they lost to LSU, they should have rested him and let the ankle heal since it was unlikely they were going to win an NC after that loss.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Maybe his dad should beat the injuries out of him

Feel bad for all the crap this kid has gone through - hope he recovers well

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not surprising you guys are unimpressed by a guy with a proven college track record, who plays big in big moments, has a championship, and the measurables. Not wildly risky enough for you guys.

Who said they were unimpressed?

You really are horrible at putting words in people's mouths.

Measurables? Hes short!!!! And he doesnt have THAT good of an arm. Hes a good player who has played with unreal talent. As per usual, you only knock Murray for this.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Left handed QB playing under Saban who does not groom NFL ready QBs has major injury.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not surprising you guys are unimpressed by a guy with a proven college track record, who plays big in big moments, has a championship, and the measurables. Not wildly risky enough for you guys.
Beware Alabama players. Very good players across the roster board make for great teams which leads to over rated individual players quite regularly. Plethora of "great" NCAA QBs who never sniff an NFL roster. Buyer beware.

OP
OP
GatorAZ

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Beware Alabama players. Very good players across the roster board make for great teams which leads to over rated individual players quite regularly. Plethora of "great" NCAA QBs who never sniff an NFL roster. Buyer beware.

Is there any major program that isn’t true with?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Laura Rutledge (@LauraRutledge)
11/18/19, 12:05 PM
Important note on Tua from Dr. Cain: his hip injury is completely different from Bo Jackson’s. Bo didn’t know his injury was severe & kept playing on it, causing irreparable damage. Docs acted quickly for Tua & after successful surgery today, I’m told experts expect full recovery

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Important note on Tua from Dr. Cain: his hip injury is completely different from Bo Jackson’s. Bo didn’t know his injury was severe & kept playing on it, causing irreparable damage. Docs acted quickly for Tua & after successful surgery today, I’m told experts expect full recovery

What does "full recovery" truly mean here? He likely won't be the same player even with a "full recovery".

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeahhh.. this will be complete damage control with any reports on his health prior to the draft. The only thing that will matter is any prospective teams independent doctors thorough analysis of him...imo

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score

I think that is a bit revisionist. Bo has his injury in a playoff game. It was pretty well known at that time to be serious and he went to doctors/surgery fairly quickly.

He wasn't it there putting in work on an injured hip.

Years later Bo claimed he popped it back in, but his doctors didn't find evidence of that

There was blood vessel damage and general damage in the area that prevented treatment/healing

It's unknown if That will have the same complications

Medical tech has come along way in the past 25+ years. Career ending injuries from that time may just end a season now.

I don't know if Bo getting injured is all that relevant

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He's a great athlete and a great person

wish him the best

He'll be a top 5 pick ..bet on it. Teams that need QB's pay heavy every year. Tus is too good of a prospect to pass on (if you need a qb)

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does "full recovery" truly mean here? He likely won't be the same player even with a "full recovery".
So you don't know what "full recovery" means, but you know this?! OK, doctor!

Report i saw last night said that Bo's hip remained dislocated for hours or longer, causing loss of blood flow to the joint, resulting in "bone death". In contrast, Tua's hip was placed back in the socket on the field, resulting in a much, much better prognosis.

Still sounds like a VERY serious injury and there is probably some spin from his camp but no one on this message board knows that he won't be the same player when he heals.

...dbs

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you don't know what "full recovery" means, but you know this?! OK, doctor!

Report i saw last night said that Bo's hip remained dislocated for hours or longer, causing loss of blood flow to the joint, resulting in "bone death". In contrast, Tua's hip was placed back in the socket on the field, resulting in a much, much better prognosis.

Still sounds like a VERY serious injury and there is probably some spin from his camp but no one on this message board knows that he won't be the same player when he heals.

...dbs

Interesting that I never said, with absolute certainty, that he wouldn't be the same. I think it unlikely but maybe only a recovery to 90% of what he was. Who knows? I am not in any way comparing it to Bo either. Just wondering what fill recovery truly means.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bye Bye 1st round pick.

1. Joe Burrows
1a. Justin Herbert

then the 2nd/3rd round run of
Tua ( unless he goes back to Bama)
Jacob Eason
Jordan Love
Jalen Hurts