Zach Allen to Injured Reserve...

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That sucks. Was hoping to see him get more experience this season. Man our DL is paper thin.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rough to enter into the offseason not knowing if we have an asset or need a full replacement.

Well I already had us spending in FA for a DE and drafting another one in rd1 or rd2. If Dogbe and Allen both turn into studs we still needed more for depth and rotation purposes.

I do wish Allen would have gotten more experience this year.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well I already had us spending in FA for a DE and drafting another one in rd1 or rd2. If Dogbe and Allen both turn into studs we still needed more for depth and rotation purposes.

I do wish Allen would have gotten more experience this year.

I watched a lot of that kid when he was at BC. He really is a good player & would have helped us this year. That was a big loss to lose him for the season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow I read like 2 days ago they were saying they hoped to get him back after the bye, that there had been some IR consideration but he'd made progress.

Weird, stinger then setback in practice now out for season.

HOpe he recovers fully he looks like a guy who can help us down the line.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rough to enter into the offseason not knowing if we have an asset or need a full replacement.
I agree but if a good DE is on the board when our pick comes..........? He's drafted over. No time to waste on waiting to see if a player develops or will be injury free or not. I like the kid, think he's gonna help us but no need for waiting around, our DL needs bodies that can stop the run & collapse the pocket.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If there was ever a kid that needed to see reps, it was Allen. NO history of injuries at BC & then he becomes a Cardinal:bang:
He has a neck injury which scares me, can't take those lightly. I have no idea the severity of it but................? Stinger is one thing but causing them to shut him down for the season with 6 games left? Doesn't sound good. Neck injuries can be career ending.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He has a neck injury which scares me, can't take those lightly. I have no idea the severity of it but................? Stinger is one thing but causing them to shut him down for the season with 6 games left? Doesn't sound good. Neck injuries can be career ending.

Total speculation, but I suspect a disc issue.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose