Garoppolo Sucks

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Like I said, he’s streaky. He’s not a top 5 QB, but he’s not the singular reason his team loses games either. Even Russell Wilson has had games where he’s only put up 6 points and tied (against us). He’s firmly in the middle tier of good enough to win you some games when he’s on, bad enough to lose some games when he’s off, but not consistently someone who needs to be replaced to play winning football.

For what it’s worth, Dak definitely falls under my good to very-good categories. Most of @DVontel’s guys are essentially guys that I would file under elite.

Wentz falls into my “good” category. At best he’s in the same range as Goff, Stafford, Rivers, and the guys we typically end up fighting about. But he’s on the low tier of that for me. Stafford and Rivers get credit for past work, Goff gets credit for some really spectacular work at times while having time to get more consistency... I just don’t see Wentz becoming more than what he is.

I would agree about Goff if it was just streaks, but it's not.

The new normal is below average play for a seasons worth of stats. That's not streaky play. He is posting a good game sandwiched between 3-4 bad games right now.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I would agree about Goff if it was just streaks, but it's not.

The new normal is below average play for a seasons worth of stats. That's not streaky play. He is posting a good game sandwiched between 3-4 bad games right now.
I dunno, as someone who owns him in both a Dynasty fantasy league, and a regular, it's really just away games where he's playing poorly. I watch a ton of his games.

Now, that's a problem of course, and I'm sure as hell not rooting for him to succeed, but he just does some amazing stuff and some bad stuff. Just not enough for me to think he's awful, bad, etc.

To be clear, I'd take Kyler over him for sure if offered the opportunity to swap.

I think it's just the hyperbole that gets to me. Awful should be saved for the kind of performances put up by Trubisky, Dolphins QBs, the Browns the past few years, etc.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dak is playing out of his mind right now.

I do agree that Wentz doesnt quite belong.
Wtf has Wentz done to be in your "good or higher" category? 3/4ths of a strong season and then watched his team get better QB play when it mattered by a literal castoff?

Your standards are insanely high otherwise. Can't believe you have Dak in there too.
Dak is playing out of his mind right now.

I do agree that Wentz doesnt quite belong.
Wentz was on his way to his 1st MVP before the ACL tear.

I’m willing to give last year a pass due to still having back problems.

Wentz so far is having a really good season despite all of his WRs having butterfingers & struggling to separate.

I’m not a Dak fan, but he been playing great right now despite the playcalling being up & down.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Wtf has Wentz done to be in your "good or higher" category? 3/4ths of a strong season and then watched his team get better QB play when it mattered by a literal castoff?

Your standards are insanely high otherwise. Can't believe you have Dak in there too.

Wentz has lost most of his weapons to injury and has had a ton of drops (some at critical moments). He’s a top-10 QB and so is Dak. Both are carrying their teams right now.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure, and Seattle lost Lockett in the game, lost Dissly earlier in the season and had defensive players banged up and still won. Both teams are good, both are better than we are.

Wilson is doing Aaron Rodgers the way Rodgers did Brett Favre, they lose someone and he makes someone else into a star. It was Lockett and Dissly, now the backup TE suddenly has 3 TD's in the last 2 games.

WTH does this have to do with Jimmy sucks? Comparing Him to Russell Wilson in order to gauge his "suckage" is inane. Wilson is a top 3 NFL QB right now. Wilson has been around for 8 years + as a starting QB . Jimmy has a total of 16 game starts on his resume. Aaron Rodgers & Brett Favre analogy????

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTH does this have to do with Jimmy sucks? Comparing Him to Russell Wilson in order to gauge his "suckage" is inane. Wilson is a top 3 NFL QB right now. Wilson has been around for 8 years + as a starting QB . Jimmy has a total of 16 game starts on his resume. Aaron Rodgers & Brett Favre analogy????

Agreed I'm just pointing out the difference in the 2 teams. I think SF has a much better team, especially when healthy. The only reason Seattle is a game behind them is Seattle has Wilson and SF doesn't.

I think you can win a SB with Jimmy btw, just off your defense and run game.

I don't think Jimmy sucks I think that was proven when they didn't have him, I just think if they get into some games, like Monday, where they need him to win the game, they're going to see the areas he still needs to improve on. He's got some Alex Smith to him and I mean that both in the good Alex way, and the bad Alex way. There are plays every game that he leaves out there because he won't take the shot.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I think you can win a SB with Jimmy btw, just off your defense and run game.

I don't know

I think you can get into the playoffs

I think you can win a game

I don't think you can beat three playoff teams in a row with Jimmy G as your QB.

that said, Eli Manning did it twice, and that's a pretty solid comp for Jimmy G

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
I don’t think Eli is a fair comp for Jimmy. Manning had started 60 games including the post season the year he won his first SB.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know

I don't think you can beat three playoff teams in a row with Jimmy G as your QB.

Yeah I think it's doable I'm not saying they will this season but I think the defense is good enough and the run game is good enough they could win one with him if the rest of the team holds up.

I hope they don't of course I want Kyler to be winning SB's

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dunno, as someone who owns him in both a Dynasty fantasy league, and a regular, it's really just away games where he's playing poorly. I watch a ton of his games.

Now, that's a problem of course, and I'm sure as hell not rooting for him to succeed, but he just does some amazing stuff and some bad stuff. Just not enough for me to think he's awful, bad, etc.

To be clear, I'd take Kyler over him for sure if offered the opportunity to swap.

I think it's just the hyperbole that gets to me. Awful should be saved for the kind of performances put up by Trubisky, Dolphins QBs, the Browns the past few years, etc.

He has three games over 90 QB Rating this year.

Since the mid point of last year, he has clearly not been a good QB.

I'd say he has been awful when you consider his individual circumstances. Trubisky could do what he is doing....Goff has a better supporting cast.

There are probably 20 better QBs than Goff, maybe more if you consider circumstances.

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know

I would say no, Eli Manning is a guy that is a bad season player because he is inconsistent. But if he is on fire, and in his two SB years he got on fire in the playoffs, you have a damn good QB at the helmet that can compete with Brady. Jimmy G isn't like that, at least he never showed that flashes, Eli Manning did even in the regular season. In his 2nd SB he was 30 of 40 296 yards TD in the first he had a 4th qrt resurrection with 9-14 152 yards 2 TD. Manning is a guy, if you lead and he gets the ball with 1 minute left, you have to worry, wit Jim G you don't expect you have a bottom 4 D.

So for me, Jimmy G can only win a SB the Trend Dilfer way.

And Goff will win none, periode. Bad QB.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I’m constantly surprised by the Quick conclusions on this board.

Jimmy has started Less than 2 seasons in total. Nothing suggest that he sucks based on the limited playing time.

You Can discuss if he has the traits of being an elite qb. Suck? No! He is What? 15-3.

Jimmy played Well against a good team with arguebly the most dominant performance from a defensive player this season

Last edited:

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Goff took his team to a Super Bowl. He threw for 32 TDs last year, more than any Arizona Cardinal not named Palmer has ever done in a season. Despite his abysmal rookie year with an awful coach, he has 29 wins to 18 losses.

Is he the best QB in the league or even top 5? No, maybe not, but he's also only in his fourth freaking year and has accomplished more than almost anyone this team has had in 30 years in the desert.

Goff’s playoff statistics last season,

3 games
59 completions on 106 attempts (55.7% completion rate)
712 passing yards, (237 yards per game)
1 TD, 2 INTs.

Kurt Warner’s 2008 playoff statistics

4 games
92 completions on 135 attempts (68.2% completion rate)
1,147 passing yards (287 yards per game)
11 TDs, 3 INTs.

One is an example of leading his team to the Super Bowl, the other is not.

A huge reason why Goff even made it to the big game was because the refs refused to throw a flag.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score

3 games
1 TD, 2 INTs.

4 games
11 TDs, 3 INTs.

A huge reason why Goff even made it to the big game was because the refs refused to throw a flag.

Playoff stats? By the time the "playoffs" begin the defenses are better, the sphincters tighten and the coaching becomes conservative.

Ahh. The good old one ref call excuse. :deadhorse2::deadhorse:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

3 games
1 TD, 2 INTs.

4 games
11 TDs, 3 INTs.

I don't think I was having this argument with you in another thread, but we had an argument that Philip Rivers is basically worthless because he didn't take his team to the Super Bowl once. Goff has gotten there, which would qualify him under that metric. Was he the sole reason they got there? Of course not. Did he have to be? No.

Kurt had that great Super Bowl run and the great game with us, but his defense couldn't stop anyone and he HAD to do that. The rest of his career wasn't really all that spectacular.

Goff just isn't hot garbage like some people are saying. A top ten guy? No, but he certainly has some very solid performances. With a ton of weapons? Yes. But we can't fault him for having decent players to throw to.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't know

Flacco and Foles both say that this is entirely possible for Jimmy G

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Flacco and Foles both say that this is entirely possible for Jimmy G

And Eli who Jimmy basically is if you compare their first five seasons starting. Eli didn’t have a 25+ TD season until his 6th year. Granted he had maybe the greatest drive in SB history but he was still a game manager in a running offense.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
And Eli who Jimmy basically is if you compare their first five seasons starting. Eli didn’t have a 25+ TD season until his 6th year. Granted he had maybe the greatest drive in SB history but he was still a game manager in a running offense.
And he had a couple of clown catches in those 2 SB wins. Better to be lucky than good.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
We will see Sunday.

Sigh.. let me save you the suspense gamebird. On his home field? Jimmy G is going to throw for at least 300 yards and two scores against us.

Plus they're coming off a loss, and will try to get their swagger back by beating the crap out of us. I'm not liking how this one is setting up.

The one teeny tiny advantage we have is that they have a short week to prepare.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rivers isn’t worthless.

Just supremely overrated, but that’s okay.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We will see Sunday.

Our D won't put enough pressure on him to expose his weaknesses. At least I don't think they will. I'm not sure why I feel it, but something tells me the Cardinals will be in that game. The Niners are coming off a 5 quarter heartbreaking OT clobberknocker type game against their archrival. If our OL holds up, Murray wears his PF flyers, and the D shows anything, we might surprise them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave