DJ #31

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
The only possible excuse I can come up with is that Arians/Bowles knew exactly where to place defenders in order to make him tentative and limited. I felt like Drake got so many early touches to keep the Bucs guessing.

...that's the best way I can spin it. He probably won't be a starter on my fantasy rosters next week.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
He's running out of time to prove he deserves to be our starting RB.

Drake only ran for 35 today (3.5 per carry), and he got five more carries than DJ, but Kenyon certainly looked more explosive. Edmonds has looked like the more explosive runner vs. DJ too, obviously.

And the turnover. Damn DJ...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He's running out of time to prove he deserves to be our starting RB.

Drake only ran for 35 today (3.5 per carry), and he got five more carries than DJ, but Kenyon certainly looked more explosive. Edmonds has looked like the more explosive runner vs. DJ too, obviously.

And the turnover. Damn DJ...
Drake had early success on stretch plays outside...then they started running between the guards for some reason. Pugh us a guard playing tackle...get behind his beef and spread out the defense.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The only thing that makes any sense is that his back is really jacked up. Week 5 against Cincy he looked good. They gave him tosses to the outside and he put up 95 on the ground and 65 recieving.

To have THIS big of a drop off in 5 weeks has to mean he is not healthy. I know he is a super athletic freak and not a joe six-pack...but ask anyone who has jacked up their back how much "explosion" they have and they will laugh at you. Drake has done enough to sit DJ if he is not healthy. His contract dictates he is on the team next year, so we better try to get something out of him...even if its as a WR.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
It is dangerous when someone is going out on the field just trying to cash a paycheck and not thinking about their teammates. Someone could get hurt with David Johnson going half speed and Patrick Peterson behaving erratically. David Johnson and Patrick Peterson better decide whether they want to play football or not. Michael Bidwill wrote a lot of checks to get rid of Bradford, McCoy, and Wilkes. I can’t imagine that David Johnson is popular in the locker room. I hope he gets frozen out when Edmonds comes back

wagonmound464

Rookie
Reaction score
DJ looked slow and tentative........Granted, TB had good defensive stats, but DJ was a handicap and a huge disappointment.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
Like I've said before, he has a family now and he got paid. He's thinking about more than getting that first down.

RIP DJ

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He used to be one cut...afterburners...go!

Now he's one cut....slow down..wait for someone to slap his shoulder pad, and gingerly fall to the ground.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He used to be one cut...afterburners...go!

Now he's one cut....slow down..wait for someone to slap his shoulder pad, and gingerly fall to the ground.
Watching Drake make quick decisive cuts and hit the hole hard is something DJ just cant do anymore. I can’t remember the last time I saw DJ do a jump cut for a Big gain. Now he just plods along and runs into the back of the nearest lineman and falls down. If I remember correctly the knock on him in college was that he wasn’t a physical runner. Maybe now that is absolutely coming to light. First 2-3 years he had to bust it hard and take the hits. Got his payday and just doesn’t seem to have the fire anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA