Kyler Murray Rookie Records

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Milestones for Cardinals in reach vs. Buccaneers
Jess Root

3 hours ago

The Arizona Cardinals will take on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday in Week 10. A few Cardinals players can hit some notable achievements or milestones depending on what happens during the game.

If the Cardinals win, Murray would tie the franchise record for wins by a rookie starting quarterback. The fourth win would also surpass the team’s 2018 total. He would also be the first rookie quarterback to get three road wins.

If he completes five passes without being intercepted, he will establish a new NFL rookie record for completions without an interception. He has completed 172 passes since his last pick. The current record of 176 is held by Dak Prescott (2016) and Derek Carr (2014).

With 319 passing yards, he will set a new franchise rookie record for passing yards. The record is currently held by Matt Leinart with 2,547 yards.

If he has two touchdown passes, he will be the first rookie in team history to have five games with multiple touchdown passes.

https://cardswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/10/arizona-cardinals-milestones-kyler-murray-david-johnson/

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Imagine if Maxx Williams catches that ball and he had a #3 receiver who didn’t fall down or drop passes. Imagine if David Johnson played at an NFL level. He has exceeded my expectations. I am all in on him. Even if Bosa becomes a perennial All Pro, Kyler Murray was the right pick.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Imagine if Maxx Williams catches that ball and he had a #3 receiver who didn’t fall down or drop passes. Imagine if David Johnson played at an NFL level. He has exceeded my expectations. I am all in on him. Even if Bosa becomes a perennial All Pro, Kyler Murray was the right pick.

If a frog had wings it wouldn`t hit its ass every time it jumped.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Great quote but that does not excuse a blatant missed bread basket catch by Maxx Williams.

Show me a pass catcher in the NFL who hasn`t dropped a pass a one time or another.Part of the game.Goes along with making a great catch......it happens sometimes.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Does it matter that I could care less since these records don’t convert to wins. It’s nice and all I guess but it’s hollow when the team may win 4 games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gbrim21

Veteran
Reaction score
Im sorry, these are some of the saddest franchise records ive every seen. 2550 yards? 4 wins?? Wow, we have never had even decent rookie QB have we?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Those two long bombs to Kirk were absolutely on the money! The pass to Williams was on the money, but was dropped. Murray also missed at least 5 passes today...so there was good with bad.

The thing is, the kid is a good QB. You can pick his game apart like anyone elses, but he has been an solid, if not above average NFL QB (top 15?) and he is a rookie on a bad team. If you plunked him down on a team with solid WR and a defense....he would probably be something like 7-2 or 6-3. He has kept us competitive in 9 out of 10 games this year.

Now we have to build around him, keep him healthy, and make sure we don't kill his spirit by wasting his best years.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I like that his speed and scrambling ability have translated pretty well to the NFL.

He has 350 on the ground so far this year, without being featured much in the run game.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave