Snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They had it. That last series was K M running a Chinese fire drill. The pick on the previous? Growing pains.

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If you watch on that INT, Murray had Sherfield, it was actually a good pass but he went down from what looked like a trip. Sherfield has a step on his man also

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If you watch on that INT, Murray had Sherfield, it was actually a good pass but he went down from what looked like a trip. Sherfield has a step on his man also

Shouldn't that be considerer a PI? They booth reviewed the other trip and called it a PI. Same goes for that INT.

ActingWild

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

That’s what it looked like to me too. The defender caused Sherfield to go down on what was a perfect pass. I thought for sure we would challenge that.

That last play not being challenged by the NFL is a complete joke after giving the Bucs that gift PI review on what was much less egregious contact.

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
90% screens and slants won't cut it. I know Kirk and Isabella are great in space but Kirk scored on three bombs to the end zone. The uptempo stuff works like one drive a game and otherwise results in 3 & outs and a tired defense.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Williams didn’t catch a ball placed in his hands, David Johnson runs like a Pop Warner player and Patrick Peterson has lost his mind. Not concerned about the officiating

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Never said it was a good call, but Evans didn't fall down because of tangled feet, he fell down because the defender fell down and the rolled over into his legs.
Shouldn't that be considerer a PI? They booth reviewed the other trip and called it a PI. Same goes for that INT.
It was a PI ... on replay you see that it was tengled up by the Defender while he was ahead of the defender.

Not called as often, but yeah, it was an PI. Like the one that wasn't called for Evans, even there you could say that Evans pushed the Defender down and falling the defender hit him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Tripping over feet is generally not considered PI.

Disagree on being a good pass but you may be right about the trip.

Best I could do:
You must be registered for see images attach

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just a killer loss. Way too sloppy on the pick but Johnson, Wiiliams and Peterson are the goats in this one.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That’s what it looked like to me too. The defender caused Sherfield to go down on what was a perfect pass. I thought for sure we would challenge that.

That last play not being challenged by the NFL is a complete joke after giving the Bucs that gift PI review on what was much less egregious contact.
Kliff has to challenge that for them to review PI.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
How do they pick and choose when to booth review PI? How do you not booth review the final hail mary with all that contact? That is a huge officiating issue

Probably a mistake on everyone's part by running out on the field instead of waiting for a review. Looking at replays I saw I didn't think it was PI so neither here nor there. Only thing I saw was defender had is left arm on the back of receiver but was not grabbing or holding him back, just good technique to play the ball and be in position for a tackle if it was caught. Maybe there was another angle that showed clear PI but incidental contact is not PI and that's all I saw on the angles i got to see.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Probably a mistake on everyone's part by running out on the field instead of waiting for a review. Looking at replays I saw I didn't think it was PI so neither here nor there. Only thing I saw was defender had is left arm on the back of receiver but was not grabbing or holding him back, just good technique to play the ball and be in position for a tackle if it was caught. Maybe there was another angle that showed clear PI but incidental contact is not PI and that's all I saw on the angles i got to see.
The defender ran through the receiver's back a second before the ball got there...

The refs marched the Bucs down the field on BS PI calls for the go ahead score where Mike Evans shoved the defenders to the ground on both plays & our guys grabbed or hit into him while falling to the ground.

For them not to review the last play made it pretty clear who they wanted to win.

Sent from my moto g(6) (XT1925DL) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
This one sucked, no doubt. And I don't care about draft position enough to "not mind" losing a game like this.

To me, I'd rather be 7-8-1 and picking 15th, than 5-10-1, and picking 10th.

7-8-1 would tell me we're really ready to challenge for a playoff spot the next year. I trade that in a heartbeat for five spots of draft position.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA