Andy Lee - is it time to sit/IR/or cut him

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The past 3 games he's played he's punted HORRIBLY...not just bad...horrible

If not they need someone who can punt the ball.

He jacked up the field position twice last game which is inexcusable for a punter

I don't know if it's time to just sit him , put him on IR due to his injury he has/had or let him go....I'm leaning towards finding a replacement for the remainder of this season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Well..... He may be our best player on ST's. After that first kick last week he was killing the ball.

Why would you cut that? let alone what it would do to Zane.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gotta agree that his holding ability for Zane is more important at this point regardless of what you think of his punting skills...imo.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
So he's been so consistently awful that he should be cut?? Why am I even responding to this...I must be bored lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Patriots spent a 5th rounder on one last year and he is one of the best punters in the league right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The first punter was taken in the 4th round last year by a divisional foe.

So what? Robert Aguayo was drafted in the third round. There are better ways to leverage draft resources. A good third safety, rotational lineman, off-ball linebacker or running back can all be found in that area. All will contribute more than a punter who even if the best in the NFL adds very little value over the mean.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Andy Lee was the team MVP last year, and is one of the best punters in the NFL when not injured.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
So what? Robert Aguayo was drafted in the third round. There are better ways to leverage draft resources. A good third safety, rotational lineman, off-ball linebacker or running back can all be found in that area. All will contribute more than a punter who even if the best in the NFL adds very little value over the mean.

We barely get any contributions from our draft picks. Only good teams can use draft assets to shore up those spots. You said who drafts punters? It seems like teams that are already good draft punters to get the best at the position. Chess not checkers.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We barely get any contributions from our draft picks. Only good teams can use draft assets to shore up those spots. You said who drafts punters? It seems like teams that are already good draft punters to get the best at the position. Chess not checkers.

I said "Why would anyone draft a punter?" It's even more stupid to plan to draft a punter.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sit/IR or cut andy lee? seriously?

Do you purposefully strive to have the worst threads on the board?
Lol. We need Andy Lee, that statement about IR or cutting him is totally asinine. Not only is he still a good punter, he's our holder for Gonzalez. I'd take Andy Lee's 75-80% health as our punter over anyone we could sign off the street right now lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but the punter should never be the holder...it should always be the backup QB.

Other than that, this thread is dumb.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk