Heat @ Suns Thursday 11-7-19 game thread

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Well that was a bummer... This game highlighted the difference a legit bench can make. Our bench killed us in this game. Dragic and Herro are stone cold assassins!

Herro was another guy who would have been a better pick at 11.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
2 straight games of garbage from our bench. Someone needs to step it up there.

This was one of those games where they just didn't have it. So many missed layups, outside shot wasn't very good. Quite frankly it shouldn't have ended up as close as it was

RockinDaMike

Veteran
Reaction score
Gotta give it to Miami, they played well and shot lights out

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well that was a bummer... This game highlighted the difference a legit bench can make. Our bench killed us in this game. Dragic and Herro are stone cold assassins!
Yep our bench has been coming down to earth for a few games. Carters shot is gone, kaminsky shows why Charlotte didn’t wince about his leaving, cam ain’t ready (if he’s not dropping bombshell he’s useless), bridges is great on d but has still backslid this season to a zero offensively, TJ is the only spark.

disappointing loss. Terrible closing out quarters.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You could just tell from the beginning of the game they weren't winning this one.

The bench is really becoming a concern.

Hopefully Ty Jerome will be able to run the offense better than Carter has been lately, because right now we completely stall out when the second unit comes in.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Eh, that was just a bad game. Hope it was a learning experience for them. Miami is an extremely disciplined team. If you make any mistakes, they will punish you. Outside of TJ, nobody outside of the starters (minus Saric) stepped up. You are not going to beat a disciplined team that way. Props to Miami for sure. On paper, they look like a lottery team, but they play amazing basketball. Nice to see Dragic playing well, though I wish he would stop punishing us every damn game. Bledsoe's gone, McD is gone. I guess this game was for his buddy Igor.

Anyway, learn from this, be ready to destroy the Nets on Sunday.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think we just need to brace ourselves to a little regression. As I mentioned, our bench is likely to go up and down. The hot start to the season by everyone but saric wasn’t going to keep up. We were on pace for 58 wins. That wasn’t going to happen. I think we will likely have a nicely competitive team. Likely play a tad bit below .500 for remainder of the season. Young guys need to continue to mature (bridges, Carter, cam, whatever Jerome brings). And Ayton is the wild card. Kaminsky is definitely the whipping boy.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We’re still the youngest team in the league, a clunker is bound to happen. And yet, despite looking disjointed and playing a good team, we still made a game of it.

Last years team gives up when it was 22-10.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I saw the Heat in Milwaukee, they played very well. That's a top5 EC team so losing a game against them is not tragical.

They played very good defense again and shot the lights out.

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
We are bound to have games like that. The key will be how they respond, do they fall into a rut or come swinging.

We missed Ayton last night.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I think we just need to brace ourselves to a little regression. As I mentioned, our bench is likely to go up and down. The hot start to the season by everyone but saric wasn’t going to keep up.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think we just need to brace ourselves to a little regression. As I mentioned, our bench is likely to go up and down. The hot start to the season by everyone but saric wasn’t going to keep up.

When Ayton comes back he needs to be the run stopper. The Heat makes a couple of big shots, you bring the ball up and run a play for Ayton in the post. He scores, he gets fouled, runs over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bench was a problem for sure but the Suns could not make stops when Butler and Dragic went on their runs. Butler goes for 30 points in the first half, many were easy drives to the basket. I guess I am more concerned with the defense right now.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
The bench was a problem for sure but the Suns could make stops when Butler and Dragic went on their runs. Butler goes for 30 points in the first half, many were easy drives to the basket. I guess I am more concerned with the defense right now.

That Dragic stretch broke the Suns back. I call it the Sarver effect. Former players REALLY hate the Suns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Dragic stretch broke the Suns back. I call it the Sarver effect. Former players REALLY hate the Suns.

Maybe so but I think Dragic going off is an example of bad defense.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The bench was a problem for sure but the Suns could make stops when Butler and Dragic went on their runs. Butler goes for 30 points in the first half, many were easy drives to the basket. I guess I am more concerned with the defense right now.

My wife refuses to ever watch another game involving Miami so we watched "This Gun For Hire" (the movie that jump stared Alan Ladd's career) instead. So, until I get around to watching the game later today, I'm reduced to relying solely on the box score. I'm not sure how it happened but we were break even when Booker was on the court and down 28 when Bridges was out there. Was he on Butler much during Jimmy's 10 for 10 stretch?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife refuses to ever watch another game involving Miami so we watched "This Gun For Hire" (the movie that jump stared Alan Ladd's career) instead. So, until I get around to watching the game later today, I'm reduced to relying solely on the box score. I'm not sure how it happened but we were break even when Booker was on the court and down 28 when Bridges was out there. Was he on Butler much during Jimmy's 10 for 10 stretch?

After the first half I started to pay more attention to who was playing defense on Butler but their seemed to be a lot of switching going on Booker, Bridges, Oubre etc. I'm guessing it was much the same in the first half.

Tell your wife she has great taste. I'm sure the movie was much better.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Why Miami?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That too but he made a 3 from about 35 ft.

Once a player gets a rhythm it's hard to stop for sure. The Suns never took the Heat out of what they wanted to do.

My 2 cents... it starts with defense but the Suns couldn't make key stops. The bench couldn't bring it either... offensively or defensively.

On the other side the Heat played excellent defense which had a lot to do with the Suns woes. Too bad the Suns couldn't reciprocate.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why Miami?

She despises flopping and Miami used to be one of the worst, they also get away with a lot of fouls (typically). I've tried to convince her that with Wade gone (plus Richardson and a few other role players) that they are far less Hollywood than they used to be but she's not buying it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose