USC @ Arizona State 12:30 Saturday; ABC

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time to right the ship!

Wish this was a night game though, hopefully we still get a decent crowd.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Time to right the ship!

Wish this was a night game though, hopefully we still get a decent crowd.

They have lost 3 South games. That is a problem. USC will be fired up after the ass kicking they suffered Saturday.

Definitely time to get bowl eligible.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm so happy the game is on television. Devils need to get their offense and defense working at the same time.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ASU needs to jump out front early and apply the pressure. Can't continually start slowly and expect good results.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linebacker Tyler Johnson is expected to play for Sun Devils.

They will need an effective pass rush on USC quarterback Kedon Slovis. SC has big quality receivers.

Sophomore linebacker Tyler Johnson, regarded as the best pass rusher on the squad, is expected to return this week after missing the last game with an upper body injury, which was unrelated to shoulder and hamstring injuries that slowed him earlier.

"He makes a huge difference," Gonzales said of Johnson. "He's just a big, athletic athlete that has the ability to make plays. He helps our football team be better and he has practiced very well this week. We definitely miss him when he's not out there."

Gonzales has been impressed with the composure of Slovis in the pocket and says bringing pressure will be a key.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...defense-usc-wide-receivers-pac-12/2508517001/

OP
OP
Absolute Zero

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's an understatement. I didn't realize there was a question about Daniels playing. Yellen has only played 1 snap which ended up being a false start.

Yep. Yellen is very talented, but obviously hasn't gotten the snaps or in game experience as JD. And if Yellen goes down, things get even more unpredictable with Captain America.

Lots of fun!

cwamjn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Going to go pick up the RV and head up there now. I wish this was a Pac12 after dark game so we could see Bama-LSU before heading in.

It's probably going to get warm down there on the field today. Whether Jayden plays or not, I'd love to see Captain America out there in the Sparky formation, attacking the middle of the SC defense.

It is impossible to predict this one. All I know is it will be a conference game with two teams and fans that don't care much for each other.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Joey Yellen will start at quarterback.

Doug Haller‏Verified account @DougHaller

Joey Yellen was on the field for a snap at UCLA but ASU was flagged for a false start. That’s been it for him. Early in the season, ASU needed to get Daniels the most snaps possible. Since then, ASU never has led by enough for mop-up duty.

11:47 AM - 9 Nov 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It looks like Jayden Daniels will not play as he did not dress for pregame warmups.

Doug Haller‏Verified account @DougHaller

Jayden Daniels is not dressed for pregame warmups. Joey Yellen looking at his first ASU start. I imagine you’ll see packages for Ethan Long as well.

11:43 AM - 9 Nov 2019

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devils giving up a touchdown to USC on their opening drive is not a good way to start the game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That extra week off didn't help the Devils pass defense. No pass rush at all.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess we are going to hear Slovis name a lot today.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Making it look easy. If the Devils don't pull their head out they will get trucked this game.