Modern Warfare Reboot

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my hands on the beta this weekend and tore myself away from borderlands to try it out. It is VERY good and back to what call of duty should be. TDM and the other modes are all what they are, still fun and still relevent. There have been some new modes though:

Ground war is now 32 vs 32 5 point domination. Very similar to battlefield

Gun game (or something like that) is a 2v2 match where you fight until one team wins without respawns. First team to 6 wins wins. The original game had you start all having the same guns and after two rounds, the guns change but everyone always had the same wqeapons. The next day it was a mdoe where you had to run, find and pick up weapons after starting with just your fists. Both really fun and new.

There is also a mode that puts every map in the dark with night vision on, havent tried that yet.

Looks like they took notes from other recent major games and plan to have limited time playlists with different settings and features.

Graphics and framerate are butter smooth.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's similar to Battlefield but with the COD flavor I might be in.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it's similar to Battlefield but with the COD flavor I might be in.

the ground war map is. I hate it. But, I hate battlefield.

Regular TDM maps are solid. The 2v2 game is solid. the coop special ops is awesome. Its a coop campaign level infiltrating terrorist cells. Reall,y really cool.

Graphics are fantastic too.

It is buggy right now though. Has crashed my xbox one x every night ive played.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the ground war map is. I hate it. But, I hate battlefield.

Regular TDM maps are solid. The 2v2 game is solid. the coop special ops is awesome. Its a coop campaign level infiltrating terrorist cells. Reall,y really cool.

Graphics are fantastic too.

It is buggy right now though. Has crashed my xbox one x every night ive played.

Ugh...maybe not then. IMO Battlefield has been better than COD ever since the original Bad Company.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah I'm just not a fan of 32v32 giant map battles. I like close quarters action packed stuff and those type of games I always feel like I am just sprinting out into the middle, bored, looking for a fight and then I get sniped by some guy sitting near his spawn in a bush. Hate it.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still playing this game a few nights a week, including the added warzone and plunder modes. Great game.

for those who dont know, warzone is free. it comes with a battle royale mode and another variant that has respawns called plunder.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been playing this the past few weeks. Love Ground War. Not a fan of the spray and pray modes but liking it so far.

There are some useless things like the sprays for example. Also, pay for play isn't not cool. For example, I paid for the Battlepass and have unlocked versions of guns with better stats than the stock ones. It's B.S. and not something you have to deal with on Battlefield. I have it for both the PC and PS4 but honestly the PC cheaters are also getting old. Ran into two PC players this week that were averaging 100+ kills and using glitches. UGH!

On the plus sides love COD embracing huge maps and not just spray and pray maps. They really put some time into giving everybody something to like. Even the free Warzone mode. I forgot though how fun it is to unlock things COD style.

I still think Battlefield is superior but I am still having fun. It's my first COD game in years.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been playing this the past few weeks. Love Ground War. Not a fan of the spray and pray modes but liking it so far.

There are some useless things like the sprays for example. Also, pay for play isn't not cool. For example, I paid for the Battlepass and have unlocked versions of guns with better stats than the stock ones. It's B.S. and not something you have to deal with on Battlefield. I have it for both the PC and PS4 but honestly the PC cheaters are also getting old. Ran into two PC players this week that were averaging 100+ kills and using glitches. UGH!

On the plus sides love COD embracing huge maps and not just spray and pray maps. They really put some time into giving everybody something to like. Even the free Warzone mode. I forgot though how fun it is to unlock things COD style.

I still think Battlefield is superior but I am still having fun. It's my first COD game in years.

The spraypaint and etc junk is total nonsense.

The battlepass is all cosmetic, I dont think the guns are actually buffed in any way. they are totally worthless. Basically, a blueprint gun is a regular gun with an attachment or two already on it. That is why the stats look better than the stock gun because it has grip on it or something, it shouldnt be actually buffed in any way. It helps to advance new guns in progression so you do not have to level up with no scope or etc but it should be giving no competitive advantage at all. I much prefer this system as people are paying for cosmetics vs maps, this way everyone has all the maps.

I bought the battle pass only once and each season I have earned back the 1000 COD point needed to buy the next battle pass so I do not foresee ever paying again unless I played less and came back. Even then, its all cosmetic stuff so I would probably just skip it.

PC is ruining things as we all expected with crossplay. I think the vast majority of people wanting crossplay was ps4 vs xbox, not adding PC into the mix. Totally different machines that should not be playing together IMO. Lots of articles about playing with crossplay off now but I do want to play vs ps4, not just xbox only. Seems bunk that we cant just do that to rid of cheaters. Warzone mode wont even let you load it unless crossplay is on.

I hate the big maps :)

The tiny ones are only fun randomly, I prefer the medium sized maps like the new one with the barn on fire.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The spraypaint and etc junk is total nonsense.

The battlepass is all cosmetic, I dont think the guns are actually buffed in any way. they are totally worthless. Basically, a blueprint gun is a regular gun with an attachment or two already on it. That is why the stats look better than the stock gun because it has grip on it or something, it shouldnt be actually buffed in any way. It helps to advance new guns in progression so you do not have to level up with no scope or etc but it should be giving no competitive advantage at all. I much prefer this system as people are paying for cosmetics vs maps, this way everyone has all the maps.

I bought the battle pass only once and each season I have earned back the 1000 COD point needed to buy the next battle pass so I do not foresee ever paying again unless I played less and came back. Even then, its all cosmetic stuff so I would probably just skip it.

PC is ruining things as we all expected with crossplay. I think the vast majority of people wanting crossplay was ps4 vs xbox, not adding PC into the mix. Totally different machines that should not be playing together IMO. Lots of articles about playing with crossplay off now but I do want to play vs ps4, not just xbox only. Seems bunk that we cant just do that to rid of cheaters. Warzone mode wont even let you load it unless crossplay is on.

I hate the big maps :)

The tiny ones are only fun randomly, I prefer the medium sized maps like the new one with the barn on fire.

I have compared all the blue prints and I have several that increased my stats on the same gun different style. I am sure those guns are obtainable without buying Battlepass. However, I have definitely getting access to those more advance weapon at a much faster pace. Some of those guns definitely have more control or less bullet drop for example. No comparison to lower level guns. It's more like temporary pay for play but it still sucks.

Hate small maps.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have compared all the blue prints and I have several that increased my stats on the same gun different style. I am sure those guns are obtainable without buying Battlepass. However, I have definitely getting access to those more advance weapon at a much faster pace. Some of those guns definitely have more control or less bullet drop for example. No comparison to lower level guns. It's more like temporary pay for play but it still sucks.

Hate small maps.
Hmm. Did you compare it to one that had the attachments the blueprint had?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hmm. Did you compare it to one that had the attachments the blueprint had?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

In terms of actual blue prints comparisons I am actually testing that now. However, compared to my buddy who got the game at the same time? I am still unlocking things way quicker than he is. So, I am getting access to stuff sooner.

In other words because I paid, I have access to scopes and other equipment because I paid and have access to blueprints. He has to work harder to unlock those same things. So, either way it's still pay for play even if only temporarily.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In terms of actual blue prints comparisons I am actually testing that now. However, compared to my buddy who got the game at the same time? I am still unlocking things way quicker than he is. So, I am getting access to stuff sooner.

In other words because I paid, I have access to scopes and other equipment because I paid and have access to blueprints. He has to work harder to unlock those same things. So, either way it's still pay for play even if only temporarily.

it definitely helps you level up weapons faster having attachments available early.

I 99% of the time have used the m4a1 since the game came out. its pretty much 100% unlocked and I rarely mess with other guns outside of when forced on gunfight or gun game.

thought about making some SMG classes though.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
it definitely helps you level up weapons faster having attachments available early.

I 99% of the time have used the m4a1 since the game came out. its pretty much 100% unlocked and I rarely mess with other guns outside of when forced on gunfight or gun game.

thought about making some SMG classes though.

I was going to ask what your favorite gun is in each class is. I like the LMG Xerocole and the SCAR.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was going to ask what your favorite gun is in each class is. I like the LMG Xerocole and the SCAR.
I have not messed with LMG much and found the Scar to have lots of recoil but I bet that can be fixed. It has hella damage for sure. The p90 and m5 pop up in gunfight a lot and are super deadly if not in long term battle.

Tried gunfight yet? its not big maps at all but its 2v2 on small maps and very strategic. its my favorite.

If you want to get down on normal, hardcore, gunfight or warzone games, let me know. I don't really like ground war a single bit...I usually get really bored after a few minutes of it.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not messed with LMG much and found the Scar to have lots of recoil but I bet that can be fixed. It has hella damage for sure. The p90 and m5 pop up in gunfight a lot and are super deadly if not in long term battle.

Tried gunfight yet? its not big maps at all but its 2v2 on small maps and very strategic. its my favorite.

If you want to get down on normal, hardcore, gunfight or warzone games, let me know. I don't really like ground war a single bit...I usually get really bored after a few minutes of it.

They keep changing the other modes but I like the objective based ones. Not really in to TDM and have not played Warzone much because it's been sporadic for me in terms of joining.

Send me your COD ID. I will add you.

P.S. I have played gunfight. Mixed bag for me. I have had fun a few times and gotten frustrated as hell if the other team is good. HA!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They keep changing the other modes but I like the objective based ones. Not really in to TDM and have not played Warzone much because it's been sporadic for me in terms of joining.

Send me your COD ID. I will add you.

P.S. I have played gunfight. Mixed bag for me. I have had fun a few times and gotten frustrated as hell if the other team is good. HA!
communnication is at a premium in gunfight for sure. My son and I typically dominate 2v2 gunfight unless its a tournament. we cant seem to win a tournament no matter what we do. we get to the finals a lot. LAst night in a 3v3 tournament we lost the finals match 5 to 6 :(

Are you on playstation? That activision friends list is so confusing lol

activision ID is Sean McKillin#4378918

I love TDM and havent really been into objective based games but I will still play them =P

Warzone and plunder are lots of fun. I havent had much trouble but I do hear it is getting overrun by cheaters. I watched a video on youtube from a streamer yesterday. the cheater kept killing him so when his squad all died, they just kept recording and broadcasting while watching the cheater play. it was the most excessive and egregious cheating I have seen in an online game. dude clearly had a lot of hacks. he could go ADS and instantly be targeted on someone 500 meters above him in the sky and kill them in less than one clip with an SMG.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
communnication is at a premium in gunfight for sure. My son and I typically dominate 2v2 gunfight unless its a tournament. we cant seem to win a tournament no matter what we do. we get to the finals a lot. LAst night in a 3v3 tournament we lost the finals match 5 to 6 :(

Are you on playstation? That activision friends list is so confusing lol

activision ID is Sean McKillin#4378918

I love TDM and havent really been into objective based games but I will still play them =P

Warzone and plunder are lots of fun. I havent had much trouble but I do hear it is getting overrun by cheaters. I watched a video on youtube from a streamer yesterday. the cheater kept killing him so when his squad all died, they just kept recording and broadcasting while watching the cheater play. it was the most excessive and egregious cheating I have seen in an online game. dude clearly had a lot of hacks. he could go ADS and instantly be targeted on someone 500 meters above him in the sky and kill them in less than one clip with an SMG.

They removed Palace from the Ground War rotation because the map had multiple glitches and people were cheating so bad on that map. I ran across multiple players with 100 kills. The game was utterly broken for me after the last 15GB update. Lobbies took 15 minutes to get in at least. It appears they fixed it the last few days.

Sounds like you a pretty damn good at the game even getting that far. I suck at this game compared to more tactical games like Rainbow. Much better at Battlefield. Just been too long since I played COD. It's much faster paced. Just been too long since I played COD. It's much faster paced. Now I don't even care about K/D ratios or anything. I am just trying to unlock things like mad.

I will add you and by the way the activation ID thing is ridiculous.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They removed Palace from the Ground War rotation because the map had multiple glitches and people were cheating so bad on that map. I ran across multiple players with 100 kills. The game was utterly broken for me after the last 15GB update. Lobbies took 15 minutes to get in at least. It appears they fixed it the last few days.

Sounds like you a pretty damn good at the game even getting that far. I suck at this game compared to more tactical games like Rainbow. Much better at Battlefield. Just been too long since I played COD. It's much faster paced. Just been too long since I played COD. It's much faster paced. Now I don't even care about K/D ratios or anything. I am just trying to unlock things like mad.

I will add you and by the way the activation ID thing is ridiculous.
Yeah all the cross platform games have ridiculous IDs I've found.

I'm okay, my overall k/d is probably slightly above 1. Gunfight is just very strategy based and I'm better at that than a lot of other stuff

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk courtesy of puckhead

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kind of an old thread but K1 is playing warzone right now with nickmercs on twitch...they're talking about the Dallas game.