Reaction score
Comes from a long line of great Fordham Ram football players

Notable former players

:biglaugh:

#doubledeuce

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Seeing a lot of these videos posted today...seems to be the 2018 version of jumping out of a pool...

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always fun to go back to the initial impressions after a draft of players after they have gotten a season plus of playing time.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cant believe all the bemoaning of the loss of Kerwynn Williams. He ended up not making another NFL roster.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He kind of reminds me a bit of Adrian Murrell.

Also has a similar running style to Dalvin Cook but not THAT explosive.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish I could be more positive here. People I deal with also didn’t like him this early or not at all. I know some have not liked my negativity since round 1. I’m just posting what I feel. Statistically the guy seems fine, but film on him shows some big concerns. First the good stuff. He’s aggressive and can break tackles. Some think he’s like K Williams, who the Cards should have kept. He’s a good teammate and as far as I can tell and has no off the field issues. His hands are fine so he can play on third down.

Sadly there are a great many more concerns. He’s terrible in QB protection. He has zero technique. He’s also a dancer at the line of scrimmage. He does not hit holes quickly. This is an extremely hard flaw to correct. He does not have the game speed to run away from second level tacklers. Edmonds is fragile. He has missed many games and at the All Star game he quickly injured an ankle. He would play hurt, but his injuries are often too disabling.

I’m sure this guy was popular on sleepers list. The Cards should have let him sleep.
The "dancing at the LOS" thingy might be by design. Chase seems to stop for one-tick to wait for a trap block to create a running lane. Then he scoots thru. Seems to work.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Somebody mentioned that he runs like Emmitt Smith. They're similar in size (5' 9" and 205 - 210 pounds), and both run low to the ground. Emmitt Smith had great vision though. Does Edmonds?

i remember when we signed an ancient E Smith to a short-term deal. He had lost most of his speed, but still possessed his remarkable ability to pick out holes.

Watching the way he runs, Chase looks like he might have that same, really rare skill. To see holes as they're developing. Right now he's little more than a one game wonder though.

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
The "dancing at the LOS" thingy might be by design. Chase seems to stop for one-tick to wait for a trap block to create a running lane. Then he scoots thru. Seems to work.
It did for LeVeon Bell. But they're different types/styles beyond that. They all need that crease though. The run blocking needs to keep progressing this year! There's hope in this mini run. Coach K is adapting some.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Just hope that the people that Harry worked with don't scout for the Cardinals. :)
There’s a saying in horse racing, “a horse for the course.” I think that’s Edmonds. He certainly was no star last season. It’s not more time in the league, it’s the offense that made the difference. This offense spreads the defense. In fact the Giants replaced LBs with DBs on several plays. That makes it easier to find holes quickly as no one is filling the O-line gaps. I’ve already posted that Edmonds is far more effective in this system. I don’t know any scout who recommends changing an offense to help a running back be more effective. I rated Edmonds as a choice for the offense he was drafted to join. You conveniently ignored the part about picking up rushers, which Edmond himself said accounted for the punt block.

I won’t respond to the cheap shot. I will say no one ever asked for a refund! If it’s really important to you keep digging. I’ve missed legitimately on a few.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
There’s a saying in horse racing, “a horse for the course.” I think that’s Edmonds. He certainly was no star last season. It’s not more time in the league, it’s the offense that made the difference. This offense spreads the defense. In fact the Giants replaced LBs with DBs on several plays. That makes it easier to find holes quickly as no one is filling the O-line gaps. I’ve already posted that Edmonds is far more effective in this system. I don’t know any scout who recommends changing an offense to help a running back be more effective. I rated Edmonds as a choice for the offense he was drafted to join. You conveniently ignored the part about picking up rushers, which Edmond himself said accounted for the punt block.

I won’t respond to the cheap shot. I will say no one ever asked for a refund! If it’s really important to you keep digging. I’ve missed legitimately on a few.

Classy as always Harry.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Edmonds is overall a better back, but your comment reminds me of Kerwynn Williams, who always succeeded short term for us when needed, and no where else.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree he's not a good pass blocker but I gotta give Chase a pass on the punt block he was playing damn near every play on offense and then has to go in on punt team and block? that's just poor roster management that we don't have another guy(a DB maybe) who can do that role so Chase didn't have to. Yes he whiffed and gave up the block for the TD but given the load he was already carrying that's not a surprise.

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Its pretty sad that anyone would try to criticize Harry and his contacts. He knows more about scouting in the NFL than anyone here, gives his opinion freely, and is always classy and polite. He also wasn't wrong about drafting Chase when he did. Most draft "experts" had him late draft or UDFA. I've been readying Harry's stuff for a long time, and he's right more than the Cardinals on players.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its pretty sad that anyone would try to criticize Harry and his contacts. He knows more about scouting in the NFL than anyone here, gives his opinion freely, and is always classy and polite. He also wasn't wrong about drafting Chase when he did. Most draft "experts" had him late draft or UDFA. I've been readying Harry's stuff for a long time, and he's right more than the Cardinals on players.
people feel the need to belittle on the internet.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA