Giants are healthy this week

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I always want a team at full strength that we play.. makes it nicer when/ if we pull off the w. Bring it!

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KM is most dangerous when there's chaos in the secondary.

Jones is most effective when he can pick apart more traditional secondaries. If we get overeager or blitz-happy, he'll take advantage of defenders being caught out of position.

Cardinal defensive strategy should be to be effective and mistake-free in traditional coverage - & wait for Giants to beat themselves.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
KM is most dangerous when there's chaos in the secondary.

Jones is most effective when he can pick apart more traditional secondaries. If we get overeager or blitz-happy, he'll take advantage of defenders being caught out of position.

Cardinal defensive strategy should be to be effective and mistake-free in traditional coverage - & wait for Giants to beat themselves.
At the same time Jones really struggles when pressured so it might be worth the gamble to at least occasionally send a blitz to try and speed him up.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Where we really have to worry is on the wheel routes from Barkley and Engram. Those have been giving us fits with a lack of communication and both of those guys have the speed to take it to the house.

That being said, this is a very winnable game, and one that I would argue we should win.
I don’t understand how the worst team in the league last year with two eked out wins over the worst teams in the league this year have any “should” wins, much less on the road and on the east coast.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t understand how the worst team in the league last year with two eked out wins over the worst teams in the league this year have any “should” wins, much less on the road and on the east coast.
Before Engram and Barkley were slated to return, I would have said we “should” win this, since the Giants aren’t great. But this is a little scarier now.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Before Engram and Barkley were slated to return, I would have said we “should” win this, since the Giants aren’t great. But this is a little scarier now.
It’s an even matchup.

KYCardFan

Veteran
Reaction score
Saquon Barkley back after full week of unlimited practice
Sterling Shepard back after full week of limited ractice
Everett Engram back after full practice

Ouch. Bad timing for Cards.

Shepard is out for Sunday
Barkely and Engram are back, but usually takes a game to get their mojo back.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yeah but considering they’re back to having their two strongest weapons who also happen to be the positions we struggle against the most, it’s different.
This, they have studs at the very two positions which we are crapaliscious at defending. But football is an accumulative war of attrition, meaning they are both acceptable at re-injuring themselves again, as David Johnson is acceptable with all his nagging afflictions. Simply, the Cards are going to have to score early and manage some stops early so when our defense gives out the fourth they might be able to attack offensively (which Kyler has shown he can orchestrate) enough to pull out a close one

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we can win it, it will be a cardiac cards win - or like fans of other teams say, a nail biter.

But TE and RB is a position we defensivly struggle and a CB1 usally doesn't stop either. So we will see how we finish up. But if we manage to pressure Jones a lot, we might have enough to stop the Giants when we need it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah but considering they’re back to having their two strongest weapons who also happen to be the positions we struggle against the most, it’s different.
And let’s make no mistake, Saquon is head and shoulders better than anyone we have on offense and our run defense is mediocre at best. And engram is easily one of tge fastest tight ends in the league, and we haven’t exactly excelled against those. And their we crew, with a healthy Tate, is the equal of ours. They are just more talented offensively than are we.

Reaction score
And let’s make no mistake, Saquon is head and shoulders better than anyone we have on offense and our run defense is mediocre at best. And engram is easily one of tge fastest tight ends in the league, and we haven’t exactly excelled against those. And their we crew, with a healthy Tate, is the equal of ours. They are just more talented offensively than are we.

I agree with all of this. But we have Kyler. I have a lot of faith in the kid after watching & listening to him play. The kid is a winner.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why are you guys crying?..... It's not starters the Cardinals fear.

Backup QB's HB's and TE's are this teams Kryptonite.

Bring it!!!!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Why are you guys crying?..... It's not starters the Cardinals fear.

Backup QB's HB's and TE's are this teams Kryptonite.

Bring it!!!!
They haven't exactly been good against starting QB's, HB's and TE's this year either...

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They haven't exactly been good against starting QB's, HB's and TE's this year either...

I'm not a statistician.... But I'd wager that the backups in the 3 categories I posted, have torched us worse than starters.... Sure feels like it anyway.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm not a statistician.... But I'd wager that the backups in the 3 categories I posted, have torched us worse than starters.... Sure feels like it anyway.
I can agree with QBs, but the starters have hurt us the most at the other positions. At least this year anyways.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it's a self-fulfilling prophecy set up for him to slam the team if they lose. other posters have done the same in the previous couple weeks. it's ridiculous anyone thinks any road game is a should win for a team with an atrocious D, rookie QB and rookie HC.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It’s still a win-win for Cardinals. Great if we win & in a better draft position if we lose. I’ll sleep like a baby tonight!

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
I can’t believe that the Cardinals have two wins with Alford and Peterson out. Murphy has been truly phenomenal. Now add PP21 against a rookie QB. I will take that matchup. Maybe we can actually rush the passer this week

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
it's a self-fulfilling prophecy set up for him to slam the team if they lose. other posters have done the same in the previous couple weeks. it's ridiculous anyone thinks any road game is a should win for a team with an atrocious D, rookie QB and rookie HC.
You speak like they don't also have a rookie QB...also, the difference between our defenses is like 2pts per game and like 2 yards per game. Your self-fulfilling prophecy is the same. Make excuses for the team if they lose and act like you are the one who believed in them the whole time if they win.

It's funny when you call people out for doing the same crap you do.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You speak like they don't also have a rookie QB...also, the difference between our defenses is like 2pts per game and like 2 yards per game. Your self-fulfilling prophecy is the same. Make excuses for the team if they lose and act like you are the one who believed in them the whole time if they win.

It's funny when you call people out for doing the same crap you do.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk
Road game
Early east coast start
Saquon
Elite receiving TE

what’s on the cards side of the ledger?
PP - first game off suspension
DJ - bum wheel
CJ

balance clearly favors the giants, no? Have yet to see single compelling argument how this could be a “should” win.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose